Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

Missed it Rob and i heard Edge was back too. Awesome! 

Propper wrestler not like some of the shit in it these days. 

Cant stand Randy Orton.... Hardy Boys were my fave, total nuts 😂

Nowadays AEW is putting some brilliant shows and NXT is way better than WWE although the way they have revolutionised the women's division is certainly praiseworthy.

Mankind/Mick Foley was brilliant too Rob, i remember a cage match years ago with Undertaker i think it was and there was bats with barb wire wrapped around them and drawing pins all over the canvas.... It was mental. 

Triple H vs HBK at Summerslam(?) the "unauthorised" return of HBK is one of my favourites. Story wise it was brutal, I've always hated HHH but I loved HBK. Armageddon hell in a cell, the Rock and Stone Cold battles at Wrestlemania, god I still remember the heart break of Austin joining Vince, the promo with "My Way" is still one the best ever imo. Tbh Wrestlemania 17 is just use dropping in general. 

My favourite is Stone Cold, I basically dropped out of Wrestling when he did. I love Kane as well but he was never really pushed enough to truly get behind. I got back into a little bit during Evolution and I really like Orton, he's basically the only one I still like but he's got nowhere to go, he doesn't feel like a Champion whenever he has it. 

I tried again to get into it when my little brother did but I just couldn't, I'll usually look up what happens but that's about my interest levels. The time investment alone is bloody daft now but I just don't like anyone who's around. 

My fav. was Kane. I even kept my profile name after him. Right from his scary debut against Undertaker and many battles between the two, HHH trying to frame Kane, Kane and RVD's tag team, well I could go on and on. 

Attitude era was kickass though, apart from mankind, the 3 way tag battles between Hardys, Dudleys and Edge & Christian was phenomenal. 

Social media has ruined wrestling. I hate seeing them out of character.

WWE is definitely currently at the best it has been for years though. Especially RAW, which Heyman writes.

I used to like it when I was really young but as soon as I found out it was fake fighting it completely lost its appeal for me. Just like Santa Claus. 

Sorry for the poop, I'm leaving.. 

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

I used to like it when I was really young but as soon as I found out it was fake fighting it completely lost its appeal for me. Just like Santa Claus. 

Sorry for the poop, I'm leaving.. 

It may be fake dude but still the action was genuine and the wrestlers bust their bodies to give us entertainment. That's enough of an appeal for me. 

1 minute ago, Kanegan said:

It may be fake dude but still the action was genuine and the wrestlers bust their bodies to give us entertainment. That's enough of an appeal for me. 

I think the fact that it's all scripted is a massive turn off for me. Like watching a game of football where the results been fixed beforehand. MMA is more my thing. 

Without wanting to derail the topic too much, I'm wondering if any of you is into boxing or UFC etc. And if not, why not, genuinely interested to know. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I think the fact that it's all scripted is a massive turn off for me. Like watching a game of football where the results been fixed beforehand. MMA is more my thing. 

Without wanting to derail the topic too much, I'm wondering if any of you is into boxing or UFC etc. And if not, why not, genuinely interested to know. 

I got introduced to MMA via the WMMA game as mentioned in another topic I posted but I watch only  One FC.  UFC is too vast for my liking

Recently quite a few wrestlers were released from WWE could see a few of them ending up at AEW. EC3 in particular. Why WWE resigned him I don't know. Spent less than 2 years back there and was released without having any meaningful feuds or a push.

Edited by Westside
9 hours ago, Westside said:

Recently quite a few wrestlers were released from WWE could see a few of them ending up at AEW. EC3 in particular. Why WWE resigned him I don't know. Spent less than 2 years back there and was released without having any meaningful feuds or a push.

Totally agree on EC3. I guess it stops the competition having him. He will do amazing wherever he now goes.

9 hours ago, Westside said:

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Totally agree on EC3. I guess it stops the competition having him. He will do amazing wherever he now goes.

I second that. EC3 was wasted in WWE. His Impact run was pretty awesome so even he goes back there or he comes to AEW, he will be immense.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Have you guys heard that Chris Hemsworth is doing a Hulk Hogan biopic.

I heard that. It’ll be fascinating how much of the real life stuff they include, or whether it’ll be nice and fluffy. They’ll include the leg break and all that guff, but the steroids and racism? I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Kanegan said:

I second that. EC3 was wasted in WWE. His Impact run was pretty awesome so even he goes back there or he comes to AEW, he will be immense.

Part of me would prefer him in TNA again, especially if Spud is legit released and that’s not an angle. I do worry that AEW seems to make everyone the same level. 

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

I heard that. It’ll be fascinating how much of the real life stuff they include, or whether it’ll be nice and fluffy. They’ll include the leg break and all that guff, but the steroids and racism? I doubt it.

Part of me would prefer him in TNA again, especially if Spud is legit released and that’s not an angle. I do worry that AEW seems to make everyone the same level. 

It's on Netflix so hopefully they will.

EC3 has been giving of hints about AEW. Done a promo on twitter where he mentioned MJF name, also posted a video of him working out with Chris Jericho theme music playing.

Wouldn't mind seeing Eric Young back at Impact what a talent he is. Again, was wasted. Sanity was really cool and unique in NXT then they got called up to the main roster and split up pretty much straight away.

20 minutes ago, Westside said:

EC3 has been giving of hints about AEW. Done a promo on twitter where he mentioned MJF name, also posted a video of him working out with Chris Jericho theme music playing.

Wouldn't mind seeing Eric Young back at Impact what a talent he is. Again, was wasted. Sanity was really cool and unique in NXT then they got called up to the main roster and split up pretty much straight away.

Interesting on the EC3 stuff. They’ll let him be him, and he is the gimmick. 

Totally agree on Sanity. WWE wrecks most things these days. 

Another release today as Curtis Axel (son of Mr Perfect) was sadly released.

Not a surprise though considering he hasn't done anything since the B Team somehow won the Tag Titles after being jobbers in the Miztourage the only strange thing is Bo Dallas hasn't been released. Maybe Bo will eventually be released too or maybe because his brother is Bray Wyatt that will help him?

Edited by Westside

Sad for Curtis, but he is awful there. It’ll be interesting where he ends up. 

As for Bo, you’d think being Bray’s lackey would suit him to a tee!

Can see Axel at NWA, Impact or ROH. 

I recently watched a Cody Rhodes interview and he said if he signed Zack Ryder there would be a lot of pressure on him due to them being really good friends but it does seem very likely Ryder will end up there. Also said there was 0% chance of Heath Slater going to AEW. Poor, Heath.

Well you know something Vibemaniacs? Oooooooh yeeeeeahhhh that’s the bottom line if you smell what the Rob is cooking! Yes, yes, yessssssss!

Didn't even realise there was a wrestling thread on here , not that I watch it anymore but used to love it years ago until they stopped all the blood and steel chair hitting and that , tho I think that's back? It must be if Mysterio is getting his eye gourged out in a match 👀

Honestly it was brilliant back in the day , Eddie beating Brock via help of Goldberg, Eddie Vs Angle , Eddie Vs JBL especially the Texas bull rope match at The great American bash , Edge Vs Cena Rivalry but the best match by far for me was JBL Vs The Big Show in the barbed wire steel cage match when JBL won after being choke slammed through the ring!!! 

Who can forget Jeff Hardy though , legend 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Your favourite match was JBL v Big Show?

I'm only 24 like and didn't watch it religiously was just off DVDs and that I was given ,I know there will be better matches out there that I haven't seen but that for me was one I enjoyed watching 

What was your favourite like? @Rob

Edited by AdamNufc