Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

Just now, Rob said:

What a roster that is! 

Jerry Lawler, what a heel, he plays to the crowd so well! I really enjoyed his feud with Bret hart when I was younger.

Just now, Rich said:

Jerry Lawler, what a heel, he plays to the crowd so well! I really enjoyed his feud with Bret hart when I was younger.

Yeah, and he’s a classic example of what I think wrestling is. 

Did anyone watch the Elimination Chamber? I won't spoil it but I enjoyed it. Nothing special but not the worst I've seen. Absolutely hate the ending though. 😑 Why, oh why? 

At least we know who Edge will be challenging now.

10 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Did anyone watch the Elimination Chamber? I won't spoil it but I enjoyed it. Nothing special but not the worst I've seen. Absolutely hate the ending though. 😑 Why, oh why? 

At least we know who Edge will be challenging now.

Just finished watching, I’m glad I didn’t stay up, I just didn’t like that a Certain someone didn’t win the first chamber, lost interest after that 😂

Just now, Rich said:

Just finished watching, I’m glad I didn’t stay up, I just didn’t like that a Certain someone didn’t win the first chamber, lost interest after that 😂

Mate, Cesaro will be in AEW winning titles before you know it. 👍

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Mate, Cesaro will be in AEW winning titles before you know it. 👍

He’s signed a new deal with WWE a few weeks back🙈

I didn’t understand a few things at chamber, will explain later, the matches we’re decent just things are written like the writers have no idea what’s going on, defo because Vince changes his mind every two mins.

As a lapsed fan with a casual interest who only really gets invested into WM, I can't think of anything they could be planning to make me want to bother with it. 

I thought EC was decent, and I was actually happy with the ending 😂 there’s still another PPV to go to set up the Mania match which is pretty obvious too. But for now we have a good stop gap champion who will cut some damn good promos for a month. 

34 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

I thought EC was decent, and I was actually happy with the ending 😂 there’s still another PPV to go to set up the Mania match which is pretty obvious too. But for now we have a good stop gap champion who will cut some damn good promos for a month. 

I was pretty happy with the ending as well, he is a great promo. I just didn’t like the ending of the chamber for smackdown, was hoping for a Cesaro win😥

I’ll stick raw on in a bit as I “work” 😂

I hope they get some fans in for mania, would make things so much better!

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

I was pretty happy with the ending as well, he is a great promo. I just didn’t like the ending of the chamber for smackdown, was hoping for a Cesaro win😥

Totally agree re Cesaro. They could have used him in the squash match without harming him, and it would have set up Reigns v CeSaro at Fastlane. 

Yeah I’ll be ‘working’ watching Raw soon too😂

For the last few years I’ve only really watched Rumbles and Manias, but this year I’ve been watching since December, determined to get back into it a bit...

46 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

He can cut a Promo with the best of them, apart from The Great One (nobody does it like him). But his in ring skills haven't improved in years.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

Mania over two nights sucks, fans or no fans. 😕

3 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Totally agree re Cesaro. They could have used him in the squash match without harming him, and it would have set up Reigns v CeSaro at Fastlane. 

Yeah I’ll be ‘working’ watching Raw soon too😂

For the last few years I’ve only really watched Rumbles and Manias, but this year I’ve been watching since December, determined to get back into it a bit...

I'm trying my best to get back into weekly episodes also. Struggling a bit as homeschooling is wearing me out. 🤣

He’s average in ring I’ll give you that, but he’s a steady pair of hands IMO. This scenario also sets up Lashley v Drew at Mania without hurting either of them, so win-win. 

Haha same scenario as me minus the home schooling to be fair 😂 there’s so much of it atm that doesn’t interest me so I find myself skipping so many matches 😂

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

The end of AEW PPV Is the worst thing I have ever seen.

Hide contents

How does he get knocked out from that 😂😂😂

I didn't stay up to watch it. Had every intention of doing so but fell asleep watching Raya and the last dragon with the kids. Woke up, still on the sofa at 3am. 🤦‍♂️ I'm currently half way through so I'll comment when I watch it all. 👌

8 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I didn't stay up to watch it. Had every intention of doing so but fell asleep watching Raya and the last dragon with the kids. Woke up, still on the sofa at 3am. 🤦‍♂️ I'm currently half way through so I'll comment when I watch it all. 👌

Damn I just have put a spoiler at the top again 🙈

Let me know what you think 😁

On 08/03/2021 at 12:38, Rich said:

Damn I just have put a spoiler at the top again 🙈

Let me know what you think 😁

Spoiler

Have you seen the video of Moxley talking after everything settled down? That Kingston guy us still acting like he's unconscious. It's like 5 minutes after that pathetic looking explosion. 

That final match was decent. I'm not a fan of exploding death matches. I think the explosions are pointless. A regular death match would be just as brutal and effective. 

Also. I really hate watching wrestlers that have had career threatening injuries compete. From Daniel Bryan, to Edge and now Sting. To add to that. I hate watching older performers try and keep doing what they used to 10, 20 or even 30 years earlier. Its just something I dislike. (This goes for The Undertaker too). So, the idea that Sting would be fighting an absolute monster like Cage had me very concerned. Its well known that Cage legit hits really hard. He looks like he could kill a man FFS. BUT saying that, I'm pleasantly surprised at the way that match was put together. Pre-recorded. Like AJ vs Taker is the way to go for those sorts of wrestlers. It was actually quite brilliant. 

15 minutes ago, Dai_ said:
  Hide contents

Have you seen the video of Moxley talking after everything settled down? That Kingston guy us still acting like he's unconscious. It's like 5 minutes after that pathetic looking explosion. 

That final match was decent. I'm not a fan of exploding death matches. I think the explosions are pointless. A regular death match would be just as brutal and effective. 

Also. I really hate watching wrestlers that have had career threatening injuries compete. From Daniel Bryan, to Edge and now Sting. To add to that. I hate watching older performers try and keep doing what they used to 10, 20 or even 30 years earlier. Its just something I dislike. (This goes for The Undertaker too). So, the idea that Sting would be fighting an absolute monster like Cage had me very concerned. Its well known that Cage legit hits really hard. He looks like he could kill a man FFS. BUT saying that, I'm pleasantly surprised at the way that match was put together. Pre-recorded. Like AJ vs Taker is the way to go for those sorts of wrestlers. It was actually quite brilliant. 

I haven’t seen the video of Moxley talking afterwards, I’ll have a look online in a bit. Poor Kingston must have been feeling like what the hell is going on, it was actually so embarrassing and I felt bad for them but that’s always a risk doing stuff like that live and I totally agree it would have been better just having a death match. Explosions make it look fake.

And again I totally agree with the Sting thing, at his age especially, I just think is there real need for him to come back and compete? Can’t he just be an on air person. As much I actually quite enjoyed that. I hate the fact they had Team Taz lose, makes them look awful and there so good. 

Been speaking to @Rob about it a bit, I feel like AEW are going away from what was making them so good and different, they were the show I looked forward to. But now they have everyone in teams, I love stables but only when there’s a couple or so. Now everyone is in one. But what annoys me is they are pushing all these old timers all of a sudden, when there show was so exciting when they had all the new and fresh wrestlers doing things. I hope Matt Hardy goes back Broken, he’s so much better that way. As much as I love Jericho he’s so out of shape it’s embarrassing, still a great character though.

AEW are making the argument that they need big names in the organisation to appeal to fans away from the US where their current talent are less known and might not get viewers. Whereas, if you see Sting or Christian for example, you'd take more notice than if you saw the name Scorpio Sky or MJF. They're trying their best to expand the brand to the likes of India and so on. That's what I've read anyway.

I feel the same about AEW as I do about WWE. You need the talent to be at the front of what you do. Not the big names. I want to watch the best performers. I'd love seeing Ricochet vs Cesaro (for you @Rich 😉) over any match involving Goldberg or any other "big name" they could throw in there.

You do need a balance though. Whilst I hate Goldberg, having Drew smash through him does help raise Drew to the elite level. Same as when he faced Brock. Drew is now a solidified main-eventer, whereas a few years back he wasn’t. In my opinion that’s always how the business works, however...

I think AEW is in danger of having too many older heads and wayyyyy too many stables. There are rumours that they’ll bring back the Four Horsemen... But in all honesty how will that be any better than the Inner Circle or Elite, for example?

What I can’t stand is when they get people like Bad Bunny in, but I get why they do it. 

23 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ivstrted watching last years Rumble the other night. Got upto when Brock got eliminated....finally!

He did a phenomenal stint. 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

He did tbf....looked shattered 😂

He does. I remember thinking, is he going to be able to carry on as he looks like he’s about to pass out 😂

I personally could have got Brock out of there before he did go.

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

He does. I remember thinking, is he going to be able to carry on as he looks like he’s about to pass out 😂

I personally could have got Brock out of there before he did go.

As in, you could eliminate him?

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Is that your ring name 'The Beast'?

The Welsh Beast some would say and by some, I mean me.

Edited by Rich
Just now, Rich said:

The Welsh Beast some would say and by some, I mean me.

Need some Foxy editing magic showing you throwing Lesnar over the ropes... 😂😂

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Need some Foxy editing magic showing you throwing Lesnar over the ropes... 😂😂

😂😂I used to be really good at photoshop years ago, terrible now, but I have a few apps that do these kind of things. 

Anyway if lesnar ever did cross paths with me, I would 100% cry my eyes out.