Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

15 hours ago, RichD said:

Anyone see the end of TLC? 😂

Saw bits and pieces. Weird. At least Alexa was back on RAW

added 0 minutes later
13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Outstanding.

I couldn't believe it either, read it this morning on twitter. So sad, so young, was recently the TNT champion as well, I believe?

Thoughts are with his family, especially his wife and daughters. R.I.P

In regards to wrestling I'm very tempted to pay for BT Sport's and start watching WWE again, I've got a lovely 55 inch TV to watch it on now.

38 minutes ago, RichD said:

What an end to AEW this week, there show is so much better than anything WWE is putting out there.

It’s just brilliant entertainment. 

Regarding the end of Dynamite, I did think they could have at least teased a stare off between the Bucks and Brothers before doing the ‘signal’. But they made the Brothers look immense. Proper BC immense. I’m interested where the story goes now they’ve essentially got three Of the Senior VPs involved and whether they keep that separate or not.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Regarding the end of Dynamite, I did think they could have at least teased a stare off between the Bucks and Brothers before doing the ‘signal’. But they made the Brothers look immense. Proper BC immense. I’m interested where the story goes now they’ve essentially got three Of the Senior VPs involved and whether they keep that separate or not.

Yeah they could have for sure. I wonder where it will all go as well, I’d love if they got the bullet club Japan involved somehow to go up against them, they have a lot of Twitter back and forth. Will be awesome when they can travel again.

2 hours ago, RichD said:

Yeah they could have for sure. I wonder where it will all go as well, I’d love if they got the bullet club Japan involved somehow to go up against them, they have a lot of Twitter back and forth. Will be awesome when they can travel again.

I can only assume that’s part of the plan?

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

I can only assume that’s part of the plan?

Hope so! 

I haven’t seen as much is NJPW, but I do watch some of it on YouTube, I really want to see the tongans! I love how loads of companies are working together, way more exciting than WWE.

1 minute ago, RichD said:

Hope so! 

I haven’t seen as much is NJPW, but I do watch some of it on YouTube, I really want to see the tongans! I love how loads of companies are working together, way more exciting than WWE.

Yeah, totally agree. Makes everything more unexpected.

Just now, Mikey said:

Might need to get BT Sport's to keep up to date with WWE. Royal Rumble is my favourite PPV so really looking forward to that. 

Yeah even though WWE has been awful lately, I love the royal rumble, be nice to get some surprises.

I really want Carlito back, he was supposed to be on raw legends night but wasn’t, I was gutted, used to love him 😂

1 minute ago, RichD said:

Yeah even though WWE has been awful lately, I love the royal rumble, be nice to get some surprises.

I really want Carlito back, he was supposed to be on raw legends night but wasn’t, I was gutted, used to love him 😂

Oh, yeah! Carlito was awesome. When I was younger and used to wrestle my mates on trampolines his Back Stabber finisher was mine as well. I remember doing it to a friend and winning in like 5 seconds, done his back in. 🤣

I started watching WWE in 2006 so was watching that year on the Network and I was so surprised by how athletic and high flyer Carlito was, I never remember him doing that, but most of the time he was a heel and they don't tend to do them moves.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Oh, yeah! Carlito was awesome. When I was younger and used to wrestle my mates on trampolines his Back Stabber finisher was mine as well. I remember doing it to a friend and winning in like 5 seconds, done his back in. 🤣

I started watching WWE in 2006 so was watching that year on the Network and I was so surprised by how athletic and high flyer Carlito was, I never remember him doing that, but most of the time he was a heel and they don't tend to do them moves.

Haha it’s a great move to hit😂

Yeah he was really good all round to be fair to him, could do most things. He’s gone bulked you now and he looks like a “muscle guy” 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

You guys see Carlito on GLOW?

Yeah I did! Actually really enjoyed Glow, thought it was really good.

Anyone watched You Cannot Kill David Arquette on sky documentary’s? Just watched it and it’s very good. The bloke is a mad man!

Also Cesaro finally getting a bit of a push on smackdown ❤️

23 hours ago, RichD said:

Anyone watched You Cannot Kill David Arquette on sky documentary’s? Just watched it and it’s very good. The bloke is a mad man!

Also Cesaro finally getting a bit of a push on smackdown ❤️

Reckon he will win the Rumble?

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

Reckon he will win the Rumble?

Na I don’t think he will, I would love for him to. I got a feeling maybe The Fiend will win it or Daniel Bryan I think. 

So happy Goldberg is back 🙄

Rumble 92 full match is on WWE YouTube in case you don’t know. One of the best ever.

Bryan would be awesome. It’ll be Brock though.

On 25/01/2021 at 12:31, Rob said:

Rumble 92 full match is on WWE YouTube in case you don’t know. One of the best ever.

Bryan would be awesome. It’ll be Brock though.

I watched that on the network not long ago, great rumble.

Yeah would not surprise me if Brock came back, him vs Reigns with Heyman could be interesting but they’ve had so many matches now.

I don’t know why but Bryan isn’t as interesting to me anymore. 

I think I just want someone new to be main event 😁

added 0 minutes later

That post didn’t post last time, I thought I had replied!

Im going for Edge or the Fiend winning it, even though I don’t want either to win, you? 

Ooooh. Never noticed this here. 🙈

LOVE the Royal Rumble! Whilst I haven't watched any wrestling for a while (except for WWE PPV's), I always watch the rumble. ALWAYS!

Like many people can't enjoy football without the fans. I couldn't enjoy wrestling without fans. I gradually stopped watching because of it.well, that and the god-awful storylines. It was the last straw with the Rollins-Mysterio "eye for an eye" match. I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown since.

I've never really got into AEW. But love some of the talent they have there and watch the PPV's. The other brand I fell in love with was Lucha Underground. That was amazing. Whilst I'm happy the talents from there (Ricochet is wasted in WWE) are performing in other places, I wish it was still around.

As for the Rumble on Sunday. I want Ricochet (never going to happen 🤣) or Keith Lee to win it but I think Lesnar will come back and probably win it. Like Vince has called upon "the big draws" like Goldberg and Lesnar in the past, I think he's worried that he won't have a big enough name at Mania without Lesnar. I seriously hope not though.

As for the women's rumble. I hope Alexa Bliss wins anything and everything. The more I see of her the better. 😁

I just used to freakin' love Lucha Underground and since it ended, i haven't watched anything except checking out AEW and Impact sometimes. WWE i have fallen out of love long before but recently i am slowly getting into it and love the Alexa Bliss storyline. I hope she wins the Women Rumble.

As for men. no idea but if Ricochet wins it, i will be very happy. That guy is pure crazy.