Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

Love the Alexa fandom here. Only rivalled by Scarlett IMO. Btw, it’d be great if Taya Valkyrie turned up on Sunday.

You all got the network?

I am going for Brock on Sunday. Number 30. He will just come out and eliminate everyone pretty instantly. I can’t ever remember them ever doing it like that before...

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Love the Alexa fandom here. Only rivalled by Scarlett IMO. Btw, it’d be great if Taya Valkyrie turned up on Sunday.

You all got the network?

I am going for Brock on Sunday. Number 30. He will just come out and eliminate everyone pretty instantly. I can’t ever remember them ever doing it like that before...

I'm seriously I love with Alexa. Although I'm not a fan of plastic up front, if you catch my drift. I'd let that slide for her. She's perfection! In ring she's sloppy at taking some moves but she's got an attitude about her that makes her really watchable as a performer. That's if you're looking for anything other than her being gorgeous, of course. 🤣

Scarlett is stunning too. She's got a mystique about her that is sexy as. I forgot to say in my earlier post that I do keep up to date with NXT as I think it's a brilliant brand all on its own. The addition of Scarlett to it is even better. 😁

Taya was great in Lucha Underground also. Her muscular physique is just a bit too muscular for me to enjoy looking at her (Mandy Rose is a muscular girl I can admire though. She's one of my favourites also). As a performer though, she's great.

That's enough of my love affair with female wrestlers I think. I'm all hot & bothered now. 😍🤣🤣

I do have the network. I've been paying for it even though I don't keep up to date with it and have other ways of watching. Plus, I always go back and watch old PPV's.

I loved the Superstar Spectacle by the way. The love given to India was not surprising though, given it is their biggest market outside US. Giant Zanjeer and Ranjit Shangi reminded me of the Natural Disasters.

I haven’t watched the superstar spectacle yet. But I’ve heard about Giant Zanjeer and Ranjit Shangi @Kanegan, will probably give it a watch over the weekend. 

Scarlett Bordeaux and Anna Jay from AEW are my current favourite women to look at 😂

I would like to see Alexa win the women’s, I think they may do her win women’s and the fiend win the men’s.

If cesaro wins the men’s i will be over the moon. 

Scarlett in Impact was outstanding: ‘shut up 6; a 10 is talking.’

Natural Disasters. Now THAT is a team. I had my phone taken with John Tenta once. Don’t know where it is though, gutted.

Here’s one for everyone:

• All time Mount Rushmore;
  • Modern Day Mount Rushmore

This is so tough, And I’m sure we will all disagree with these. But there is so much to take in to account 🤔

All Time Mount Rushmore: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Stone Cold.

Thats so hard having only 4, I could change that so much. Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Jericho, Cena (probably missing even more)

Bret Hart was my hero growing up 😍

Modern Day Rushmore(last 15 years): John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho, CM Punk.

Both were so tough to pick AJ styles, Orton, Omega, Rollins, Reigns, Moxley unlucky.

I bet there’s loads I’ve missed out, but that’s off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Austin and HBK are in everyone's surely right? 

I put both in mine, but I did hate Shawn Michaels for years because I loved Bret Hart so much 😂

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

I put both in mine, but I did hate Shawn Michaels for years because I loved Bret Hart so much 😂

I remember more HBK's second run so the Hart stuff doesn't impact me as much. I was so engrossed in his return and that street fight with HHH and everything that went with that. 

I always hated Triple H with a passion though which makes sense when he's my two favourites biggest rival. 

Just now, Ashez said:

I remember more HBK's second run so the Hart stuff doesn't impact me as much. I was so engrossed in his return and that street fight with HHH and everything that went with that. 

I always hated Triple H with a passion though which makes sense when he's my two favourites biggest rival. 

That street fight was awesome. When Michaels won the elimination chamber was brilliant.

Funnily enough I have never been a huge fan of Triple H. I like what he’s doing with NXT though.

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Austin and HBK are in everyone's surely right? 

HBK not in mine.

I only have an all time Mount Rushmore because I'm not sure what consists of modern day.

Taker

Austin

Jericho

The Rock

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

HBK not in mine.

I only have an all time Mount Rushmore because I'm not sure what consists of modern day.

Taker

Austin

Jericho

The Rock

I'd say Jericho is modern, or that's where I'd put him. At the time period of those you've put him with his was mid card or on the edge (undisputed title etc), it wasn't for years later he became top tier imo. 

Saying about mid carders going big time, I never got Edge. Granted I didn't like the tag team at all so I was biases against him but that push never worked for me and I never understood the love. Personally that felt as believable as JBL. I always wished Hardcore Holly or Regal got a big push though, I know both came close but oh well. 

I think AJ Styles verse HBK would have been one hell of a dream match. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I'd say Jericho is modern, or that's where I'd put him. At the time period of those you've put him with his was mid card or on the edge (undisputed title etc), it wasn't for years later he became top tier imo. 

Saying about mid carders going big time, I never got Edge. Granted I didn't like the tag team at all so I was biases against him but that push never worked for me and I never understood the love. Personally that felt as believable as JBL. I always wished Hardcore Holly or Regal got a big push though, I know both came close but oh well. 

I think AJ Styles verse HBK would have been one hell of a dream match. 

I actually liked Edge in the tag team tbh. You can't not like anyone involved in the TLC matches.

My Rushmore is just based on who I think has longevity and/or has done most for me in wrestling. It's tough to pick just 4 and I even hate The Undertaker. Can't deny what he's done, however.

Jericho was close to going in my all time one, only reason he may not have been is because I couldn’t put him in the modern. He had one of the longest and most brilliant careers out there. He knows how to change as the years gone by, he’s created himself over and over again. He is now though unable to move much in the ring so I would like him to became a manager or commentator.

I loved Regal and I loved when he won the king of the ring, it was kind of like he got something he deserved, his moment in a way.

I think Kane is massively underrated, the bloke was amazing for long periods.

Also John Cena has to be up there, as much as for years I was one of the booers, he carried that company for a long period and actually had some awesome matches.

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

When I said ‘modern day’ I meant ‘still wrestling’. My bad.

OK. I understand. I'm not sure anyone still wrestling meets my criteria tbh. Other than Jericho, of course.

What would be yours?

Roman Reigns, Kenny Omega, AJ Styles and Drew McIntyre right at this second for me.

Moxley, Cody Rhodes and I’m sure a few others I have missed could be thrown in.

Jericho, AJ, Reigns, and Omega are my modern day. I never understood Omega until AEW, but he’s just got ‘it’.

As for all-time: Rock, Austin, Hogan, and Flair. I don’t really know much about before Hogan and Flair so can’t include Sammartino and the like. Cena, Sting, UT, HBK, and Bret all deserve shouts out, but the others are on another tier. 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Jericho, AJ, Reigns, and Omega are my modern day. I never understood Omega until AEW, but he’s just got ‘it’.

As for all-time: Rock, Austin, Hogan, and Flair. I don’t really know much about before Hogan and Flair so can’t include Sammartino and the like. Cena, Sting, UT, HBK, and Bret all deserve shouts out, but the others are on another tier. 

Jericho right now though can’t move in the ring though😂

I think Hogan and Flair may have been closer to my list, but I’m a 90s kid so I guess it’s all about what era we all grew up in.

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

Jericho right now though can’t move in the ring though😂

I think Hogan and Flair may have been closer to my list, but I’m a 90s kid so I guess it’s all about what era we all grew up in.

What Jericho did to add validity to AEW was amazing.

Funny about Flair. I’m watching the 92 Rumble and there’s a section with Flair, Bulldog, and HBK being in the ring. At that point Flair had just come in for a bit and the other two were midcarders. A few years later HBK and Bulldog would go coast to coast and be the final two and many, many years later HBK would be Flair’s (proper) retirement match.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

What Jericho did to add validity to AEW was amazing.

Funny about Flair. I’m watching the 92 Rumble and there’s a section with Flair, Bulldog, and HBK being in the ring. At that point Flair had just come in for a bit and the other two were midcarders. A few years later HBK and Bulldog would go coast to coast and be the final two and many, many years later HBK would be Flair’s (proper) retirement match.

Yeah he has been awesome, him and Bret Hart are two of my favourite of all time. But I don’t think he’s one of the current best, even though his personality always on point.

That was a great rumble, funny how things go full circle. I used to have all VHS tapes of every PPV from 1989 until late 90s, even the all your in your house ones. What I did last year was go through every ppv from 1985 to about 1998 on the network and I don’t regret anything 😂

6 minutes ago, RichD said:

Yeah he has been awesome, him and Bret Hart are two of my favourite of all time. But I don’t think he’s one of the current best, even though his personality always on point.

That was a great rumble, funny how things go full circle. I used to have all VHS tapes of every PPV from 1989 until late 90s, even the all your in your house ones. What I did last year was go through every ppv from 1985 to about 1998 on the network and I don’t regret anything 😂

Oh man, you subjected yourself to late 94/95/96. You almost have to skip those years! I sort of did it until those dates. I almost want to do the same with WCW.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Oh man, you subjected yourself to late 94/95/96. You almost have to skip those years! I sort of did it until those dates. I almost want to do the same with WCW.

I grew up on them years though, so I loved it 😂

I think now I could enjoy any of them years just because of the nostalgia. I miss survivor series being like it was late 80s and 90s, they were awesome.

I watched a lot of WCW as well not long ago and some of that was shocking. Even though when WCW was good I preferred it over WWE as a kid. When NWO was about but then went back to WWF when Russo went to WCW.

I always think WCW kinda gives context to what was going on all over the place. Totally get what you mean on nostalgia - I get that with Rumble 92.

I get really irritated with the current WWE product though.

First time in years, I didn’t watch all of RAW, it’s been so bad for so long and I finally had enough.

Smackdown last week was a load of gimmick things, like assault course, Sasha Banks vs Carmela’s manager. Adam Pearce vs Paul Heyman. I can only remember cesaro and ziggler having a decent match. But other than that, AWFUL BOOKING.

Just now, Rob said:

What would you do to change it?

I know it sounds simple but have it based on good wrestling matches. I think all wrestling fans enjoy great matches. I love a good feud which doesn’t need much changing. But there are so many bad segments these days. 

AEW is mostly about the wrestling, but even there segments are really good. I love there comedy stuff as well.

Just now, Kanegan said:

What are your thoughts on Nakamura? I think pre Wwe Nakamura was awesome, here he hasn't been his usual self. 

Awesome in NXT and could have been so much more on the main roster, but until Vince leaves I can’t see the likes of Nakamura getting much. I liked him with cesaro but they took the titles off them too quickly.