Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

No spoilers, don't worry. 

I did manage to stay up. 😁 I started feeling my eyes going half way through the women's rumble. Until Liv Morgan entered. Holy smokes! Is that what she wears every week now? Let's just say, she caught my attention and I managed to stay awake for the rest of the PPV. 🤣

47 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

No spoilers, don't worry. 

I did manage to stay up. 😁 I started feeling my eyes going half way through the women's rumble. Until Liv Morgan entered. Holy smokes! Is that what she wears every week now? Let's just say, she caught my attention and I managed to stay awake for the rest of the PPV. 🤣

😂I managed to stay up as well, feel shattered today now. Not going to give my thoughts on it until later as well.

Just finished. Here are some off the cuff thoughts:

Spoiler
  • Orton getting injured earlier on massively telegraphy the end;
  • Great to see Christian back;
  • Omos is God-awful. It’s funny how they referenced Giant Gonzales earlier in the show as he reminds me of him - tall, but can’t work;
  • They made too many names feel midcard - Shinske, Cesar, DB, AJ, etc;
  • Carlito was cool;
  • Women’s rumble was great. The correct winner. What an athlete;
  • No Scarlett though;
  • Didn't like what they did with Alexa, mind. I sort of felt she should have powered up and the women need to do the ‘gang up on big man’ spot to get her out;
  • I didn’t realise how much I liked Drew until I was getting furious in fear of them jobbing him;
  • Matched like Owens and Reigns bore me. Just never like those kind of setups;
  • Carmella is quite a decent wrestler/performer;
  • 24/7 stuff was disrespectful to the Women’s Rumble

I’ve put my stuff in quotes, but if we’ve all seen it...?

Not just saying this but that’s my thoughts pretty much down to a T Rob!

Spoiler
  • I thought the women’s one was more well put together and I genuinely enjoyed it. Didn’t like the Alexa bit like yourself. They created stars in Bianca and Rhea (kind of were anyway but on a new level)
  • The men’s one felt rushed and put together last minute and the orton injury like you said made the ending predictable. Why did they build smackdown around people who could win it and then none of them do remotely good? Why the hell would Kane come in and have two eliminations? hurricane again?
  • Edge winning is very annoying for me, didn’t feel believable a 50 odd year old bloke lasts that long and gets the huge push for the rumble even though he doesn’t need it as he would have one of the main events for mania anyway.
  • I love Carlito so delighted to see him back and for good hopefully. Christian was awesome and looked better than edge to me. Them two were the only two things I liked from the men’s one
  • Also the rumble is to create stars and then just done it around old timers. Women’s one was awesome 

Sorry my comments were a bit all over the place, but I’m tired and angry 😂

Edited by RichD
4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just finished. Here are some off the cuff thoughts:

Hide contents
  • Orton getting injured earlier on massively telegraphy the end;
  • Great to see Christian back;
  • Omos is God-awful. It’s funny how they referenced Giant Gonzales earlier in the show as he reminds me of him - tall, but can’t work;
  • They made too many names feel midcard - Shinske, Cesar, DB, AJ, etc;
  • Carlito was cool;
  • Women’s rumble was great. The correct winner. What an athlete;
  • No Scarlett though;
  • Didn't like what they did with Alexa, mind. I sort of felt she should have powered up and the women need to do the ‘gang up on big man’ spot to get her out;
  • I didn’t realise how much I liked Drew until I was getting furious in fear of them jobbing him;
  • Matched like Owens and Reigns bore me. Just never like those kind of setups;
  • Carmella is quite a decent wrestler/performer;
  • 24/7 stuff was disrespectful to the Women’s Rumble

I’ve put my stuff in quotes, but if we’ve all seen it...?

I'll hide mine then 🤣 Seeing as I know how now but have never used it. @RichD 😉

Spoiler

How do you feel about Edge winning it? Who do you think he'll challenge. I'm thinking Reigns in a "Who has the most devastating spear" scenario. Could also see them giving Goldberg a shot at Reigns though in a retirement match. They've teased that match for a few years now.

As for Bianca. Could see her challenge either but I'm thinking Asuka might have to deal with Becky sooner than later. That might be Mania. If she's in a decent enough condition by then. Plus, Bianca vs Sasha appeals more to me.

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

I'll hide mine then 🤣 Seeing as I know how now but have never used it. @RichD 😉

Hide contents

How do you feel about Edge winning it? Who do you think he'll challenge. I'm thinking Reigns in a "Who has the most devastating spear" scenario. Could also see them giving Goldberg a shot at Reigns though in a retirement match. They've teased that match for a few years now.

As for Bianca. Could see her challenge either but I'm thinking Asuka might have to deal with Becky sooner than later. That might be Mania. If she's in a decent enough condition by then. Plus, Bianca vs Sasha appeals more to me.

Using them spoilers well!

Spoiler

Edge vs Reigns could be decent, but I wonder if orton will somehow win a world title before mania now as there’s been talk of another match between them. But I’d rather Edge vs Reigns.

Mcintyre vs sheamus will happen I can see it 🙈

Bianca is amazing, she’s such a good talent.

Also I wasn’t happy edge won, I feel like I’m more annoyed witg the men’s one than I have been for a long time 😂

Spoiler
  • Drew versus Sheamus sadly makes sense, so is happening;
  • Edge and Reigns didn’t need the Rumble. It just needed Edge coming second and talking about it on Smackdown, then Reigns coming out and disrespecting him;
  • Bel Air versus anyone will do. I hope Ripley gets the other title match;
  • Has Charlotte had a reduction?
  • No doubt Owens, DB, etc, will somehow end up in a multi person match;
  • Did I see Cesaro is leaving after WM?

Spoiler

My favourite rumbles have definitely been when we get to see superstars break out, like last year was the making of Drew. That’s why I think I’m so annoyed about edge winning as he doesn’t need it.

Cesaro does look like he could be leaving, I know AEW want him big time, if he leaves to go AEW, a lot of my interest in wwe goes, I don’t know if anyone has noticed how much I like him 👀

Spoiler

Cesaro in AEW would be a great fit. 

When it got towards the end of the Rumble it became abundantly clear how little stars the E have now. Jericho, Omega, Mox, and even MJF are much better products.

Spoiler

Agreed, WWE are so bad at making stars though, the rumble was a perfect opportunity, but instead they go backwards again in my opinion by pushing the older stars. 

Can’t wait to stay up for mania 😂

3 minutes ago, RichD said:
  Hide contents

Agreed, WWE are so bad at making stars though, the rumble was a perfect opportunity, but instead they go backwards again in my opinion by pushing the older stars. 

Can’t wait to stay up for mania 😂

Spoiler

I just can’t see the Mania card being any good at all. 

Was Keith Lee injured?

Spoiler

Mia Yim his GF has covid, so I think he had to isolate. They don’t know how to use him anyway though. 

Mania will be average at best, they won’t beat the one a couple of years ago for a while!

Spoiler

Edge is such a boring option. Like I said I never understood that push. 

Wrestlemania plan - based on watching nothing and just the bits I've seen and read. 

Orton to get the belt off Roman, why still push the Edge/Orton stuff if it's not for Mania? 

Reason? Roman doesn't need the belt to face The Rock at Mania. The family story line surely has to end with the Rock? The belt muddles it as The Rock is never winning the title. Titleless match means Rocky might win. 

Spoiler

Do you think this is an angle they're working? A rematch between Rhea and Bianca because her feet are clearly on the floor here....

FB_IMG_1612206767358.jpg

28 minutes ago, RichD said:
  Hide contents

Mia Yim his GF has covid, so I think he had to isolate. They don’t know how to use him anyway though. 

Mania will be average at best, they won’t beat the one a couple of years ago for a while!

Spoiler

That explains it. I do wonder if Keith needs to turn heel to go up the next level. 

I would love to see Paul Heyman stable. A bit like the Dangerous Alliance, but across both brands. Stick Keith Lee in it with Roman. A tag team or two. Some ladies, and a couple of midcarders.

added 0 minutes later
1 minute ago, Dai_ said:
  Hide contents

Do you think this is an angle they're working? A rematch between Rhea and Bianca because her feet are clearly on the floor here....

FB_IMG_1612206767358.jpg

Nah, I reckon just a cockup. They may turn it in to an angle... but I don’t reckon it was meant to be.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Kinda got a bit of a buzz going here about the prospect of Edge and Reigns at WM. 

Should be a good one to be fair, maybe him winning wasn’t such a bad thing. 

I just watched raw now, looks like the McIntyre and Sheamus Route is a go. 

So happy Carlito was on raw as well, but I wanted him as a heel!

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

What matches would you make for Mania?

Edge vs Reigns is fine with me

Id love a ladder matches for US title as they got some great athletes on smackdown and cesaro win 👀

There isn’t anyone I can even think of that should go against McIntyre. There isn’t a great deal of matches I want 🤔

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

Kenta on AEW. What a world. 

I don’t watch it until Saturday 😂

Spoiler alert Robert 😝

1 hour ago, RichD said:

I don’t watch it until Saturday 😂

Spoiler alert Robert 😝

Mate, if it’s been aired then it ain’t a spoiler. Go eat a burger.

Just now, Rob said:

Mate, if it’s been aired then it ain’t a spoiler. Go eat a burger.

If hasn’t been aired in the UK though 😂

No way I won’t give in that easy to burgers!

4 minutes ago, RichD said:

If hasn’t been aired in the UK though 😂

No way I won’t give in that easy to burgers!

Have some cheesey chips 

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

‘My hole!’

I dislike Nia, but that was very funny to be fair, that’s going to be her thing now.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

I dislike Nia, but that was very funny to be fair, that’s going to be her thing now.

Reckon it was planned?

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Reckon it was planned?

I don’t know, she seems to say whatever she wants, she called Naomi as Trin in it as well, which obviously her real name, what a naughty girl!