Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Reserves

madnuk3

The best thing to do is have a small reserve squad so that the players that have some potential actually play. So I just get rid of or don’t sign from the youth intake anyone who isn’t going to turn out any good and in that way the reserve team manger should play the guys that you want him to as he hasn’t got much other choice.

Also make sure the guy in charge of the reserves has a preferred formation that suits the players that you want to get game time. So if you have a couple of good strikers make sure he plays two up front for example.

I thought you were talking about the players that are grayed out in my reserve team. I am guessing you can't sack them, since it only gives you an option of offering a contract

Edited by madnuk3
3 minutes ago, madnuk3 said:

I thought you were talking about the players that are grayed out in my reserve team. I am guessing you can't sack them, since it only gives you an option of offering a contract

Your manager should pick non greyed out players over greyed out ones to play more anyway.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

The more players you demote the less greyed out ones appear. 

ohhh, ok, ill try to demote more players that way

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Your manager should pick non greyed out players over greyed out ones to play more anyway.

Unfortunately, not in my save. All but one of them are benched or don't make it to the bench

42 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Loan them out to other clubs then.

I tried that with the couple of my players, but they never actually get the playing time 😑

1 hour ago, madnuk3 said:

I tried that with the couple of my players, but they never actually get the playing time 😑

As they mature they will, dont expect instant playing time especially if they are under 18. I found players out on loan tend to play more when they are over 18. Not sure why but thats what ive found anyway. 

At the beginning of my 3rd season in Fm20, I promoted a load of players to the first team, played the World Club Championship and then demoted a load of players back to the reserves. The reserves aren't full but the button for demoting has disappeared from the options bar! Any ideas?!

Can’t work out how FM20 decides what Reserve group you are in. Can reserve sides get promoted to a higher reserve group, or does it depend on how your A side get promoted?

5 minutes ago, Terry Conroy said:

Can’t work out how FM20 decides what Reserve group you are in. Can reserve sides get promoted to a higher reserve group, or does it depend on how your A side get promoted?

I think they are all just random.

On 31/01/2020 at 21:50, madnuk3 said:

Do a background search on the clubs you are loaning out your players to, their youth/training facilities, if they really lack depth in that position they want on loan and I wanted to add one last point but I've forgotten lol