Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Contract re-negotiations

JB1

Hi, I am in my first season with Pro Vercelli in the Italian league. It is 2nd Jan 2020 and most player contracts end the same year in June 2020. I am trying to extend their contracts. The highest player wage in the squad is £2.2k but even players on £500 are asking for 5K a week for a new 1 year contract. Even negotiating in signing on fees I cannot seem to get many players to budge below £4k a week and I only have a wage budget of £2.2k remaining so cant afford it. At this rate i'll need a whole new team come June. Is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong/not getting something? Many thanks

know a little of what you mean but not to that extreme, but i;ve been in the italian lower leagues and the renegotiations do seem to be "over-optimistic". not got much to suggest though, just gotta roll with it - i didn't have it to the extreme you're saying, it wasn't a game-breaker for me.

Thanks. I have just tried re-negotiating with two players who had contract expiry in 2022 (18 months away) and their demands seem much more reasonable and i am able to reach a conclusion. It appears anyone with less than 6 months though will not lower demands to a point where i can get them a new contract. I am hoping as the contracts dwindle down they may become more reasonable.