Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Game F***ed! Can't sign any players

HH McCool

I give up! This used to be such a great game, but it is now Fubar. I have taken Kaiserslautern from 3L through BL2 to BL1 champs, raised the team's star rating to 4*5 stars and am being snubbed by even 2.5* players who I try to sign. I cannot sign anyone despite having over 100mm Euros to spend. This is just the latest of many screw ups that infect this version of the game.

I'm outta here. someone let me know if the SI folks get their collective heads out of their pants.

20+ players have snubbed me, the latest being transfer listed, 2* rated Ezekial Barcos. A little experimentation shows that now I literally cannot sign anyone! The game will not allow me to even make an offer! Every player who has snubbed me showed as "interested" or very interested" when scouted! I cannot make an offer even with players who tell me that it would "take a very lucrative offer" for me to sign them (most say they are not interested in playing for my club.) Add Andreas Pereira to the list. He wants lucrative offer, but thegame will not allow me to do that. (If you are talking to me, Mr Tree, just what would you suggest? Listing egregious bugs and expressing my frustration at the state of the game should be constructive if those in charge are really interested in fixing the flaws).

Edited by HH McCool
added material
17 minutes ago, HH McCool said:

Every player who has snubbed me showed as "interested" or very interested" when scouted!

Sometimes the "make an offer" button stays away for "too long" after scouting, which is another reason I very rarely scout. 

Have you tried signing players without involving the scouts? Maybe there's a scout bug or so, honestly can't think of anything else why you'd be having problems signing anyone. 

1 hour ago, HH McCool said:

20+ players have snubbed me, the latest being transfer listed, 2* rated Ezekial Barcos. A little experimentation shows that now I literally cannot sign anyone! The game will not allow me to even make an offer! Every player who has snubbed me showed as "interested" or very interested" when scouted! I cannot make an offer even with players who tell me that it would "take a very lucrative offer" for me to sign them (most say they are not interested in playing for my club.) Add Andreas Pereira to the list. He wants lucrative offer, but thegame will not allow me to do that. (If you are talking to me, Mr Tree, just what would you suggest? Listing egregious bugs and expressing my frustration at the state of the game should be constructive if those in charge are really interested in fixing the flaws).

Proper info like this is what I'm suggesting, not just a vague moan like the first post. They need details to know what to fix. Loads of us play the game and can sign players, so clearly "can't sign any players" is not a common issue.

@BatiGoali use scouts all the time so it's not that...

I only ever see conflicts with "interested" players not actually being "interested" when trying to loan players, which certainly is irritating itself, but not game-breaking.

Thinking what it could be... Has your reputation not caught up to where it should be yet? Or maybe you're over your wage budget, so there's an assumption that you couldn't possibly meet their demands?

To be honest I've also stopped playing this years game but for the opposite reason. I have great difficulty selling my big players. When I am fortunate enough to get any sort of rubbish bid - and I do mean rubbish, the player very rarely accepts the contract. Absolute joke! Anyway apologies for hijacking your thread buddy.

8 hours ago, DutchTony said:

I have great difficulty selling my big players. When I am fortunate enough to get any sort of rubbish bid - and I do mean rubbish, the player very rarely accepts the contract.

I've had this problem and more often than not it's because they're on top contracts and given "key player" status. Try giving new signings anything but that status, should definitely facilitate matters. 

@DutchTony another thing you could try, as I'm kinda having similar problems in my current career, is to transfer list the players and "make" them available for exchange fodder. Works for most.

Doesn't solve the problem I know but it's something. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

@DutchTony another thing you could try, as I'm kinda having similar problems in my current career, is to transfer list the players and "make" them available for exchange fodder. Works for most.

Doesn't solve the problem I know but it's something. 

Yes mate I tried transfer listing them. Exchanging them is by far the best way to get rid of them. After 5 seasons or so, that was the only way I could get my players out of the door, unless I was prepared to sell my superstars for peanuts. The problem was, if I had 25 players and wanted to promote youngsters, I didn't want to exchange a player for another. I just wanted the cash as I would have too many players.