Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics thebugel 433 EME

thebugel

Took York city to premier league champs in 8 season with this, champions league winners in 10. Only bought “interested players” along the way. Just started a new game with Bolton to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.

Target man scores bucket loads, must have good heading and shooting

to hold a lead put a poacher at CD and time waste

if player gets sent off and I’m winning I sacrifice poacher. If losing I sacrifice wingback of my appointments weakest side

843A1507-8801-4869-96C5-CDAE70E86C6D.png

DA60453D-2BE8-488B-B2F1-3F8D667163FA.png

76D24982-49D8-4C35-B069-FB64F04448AF.png

ABFC8EED-AA9A-40BA-80C7-F39B87776104.png

Edited by thebugel
Add info changed title

Started a new game with York city with this tactic. Target European champs by season 10.

got quite a few low stat players who are doing well.

also stuck to wage budget

D3AA0BEB-5FD5-4084-81B8-9AA67BC4B643.png

241E994C-8323-47F9-9621-414BD6B44DA0.png

8B09A318-402C-436C-BB0D-3EE80981DF51.png

On 09/02/2020 at 22:23, thebugel said:

Took York city to premier league champs in 8 season with this, champions league winners in 10. Only bought “interested players” along the way. Just started a new game with Bolton to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.

Target man scores bucket loads, must have good heading and shooting

to hold a lead put a poacher at CD and time waste

if player gets sent off and I’m winning I sacrifice poacher. If losing I sacrifice wingback of my appointments weakest side

843A1507-8801-4869-96C5-CDAE70E86C6D.png

DA60453D-2BE8-488B-B2F1-3F8D667163FA.png

76D24982-49D8-4C35-B069-FB64F04448AF.png

ABFC8EED-AA9A-40BA-80C7-F39B87776104.png

I bought the game last month and i was Bolton  but i dont have alnwick birdcutt is at forest and on loan at Lincoln plus i dont have hall.

Interesting tactic.

I played a few games with this tactic on FMM19 with Bolton (while they’re in the Championship, not League 1). Probably half the same players as the OP, & only using the existing squad (no loans/signings).

ADVANTAGES - It seems pretty good for creating chances:

- the 3 upfront means the central TM gets a through ball for a one-on-one opportunity about once a game (but he’s not quick, so doesn’t always score).

- the 3 upfront also means there’s chances to score from rebounds.

ISSUES - I was finding some pretty big problems though:

- Bolton’s CB are pretty slow (<=10 pace in FMM19), so with a high defensive line, any opposition long ball / through ball gifts then a clear cut chance, especially as often Championship clubs have a speedy striker.

- with only the WB protecting the flanks, and a narrow mentality, I got killed down the wings. The opposition FB/WB just keep pumping in crosses & their Wingers got lots of corners - thankfully Bolton’s CB are good in the air, but the opposition have a decent chance of scoring from the rebounds.

- i found the TM pretty ineffective in the air. With a Bolton TM (Magennis) who has 15 aerial, that’s the same as the average Championship 1st team CB, so my TM doesn’t have an advantage in the air. Your hope is that he is unmarked. Otherwise to score many headers, I assume you’ll need a TM who is better in the air than the average CB for that league, which I didn’t have.

- I’m also conceding a lot of fouls, much more than i normally get, especially with the high closing down. Not necessarily a problem, but be cautious of your right & left sided midfielders and WB getting two yellows. I’d assume this is worse with highly aggressive / poor tackling players which you find outside the ‘top’ leagues. 

A final positive point - that tip to protect a lead (remove a poacher, add a DC) worked very effectively! As some questions, I wonder if you’d also advise a more defensive mentality & normal defensive line as well ... ?

Interesting tactic & hope this is useful. 

Edited by DanM