Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Pride of a Continent Challenge

Kanegan

The Pride Of A Continent Challenge

Continentsbig.GIF&key=e13610dd8e31d66055

Credit to @Ashez for this classic challenge.

This challenge begins with you selecting a team, from any European League available. (It is recommended you pick a team with some financial backing unless you are expecting an extremely tough save)

You then need to pick a continent to use for your challenge, they are all available apart from the European one since this will be to easy.

List of useable continents

Asia/Australia

Africa

North America

South America

Then all your other continent players must be sold and only players from your chosen continent can be kept, and you may only sign players from your chosen continent.

For example I am going to attempt this challenge with Manchester City using the African continent, this means I must sell every player who's not African but i'm able to keep the ones which are. So i'd have to sell Kompany, Sterling, Silva etc but I would be able to keep Yaya Toure and Iheanacho.

All players from a different continent must be transfer listed immediately and placed in the reserve team and they are not allowed to play or be on the subs bench for any games.

Your challenge ends when you win all competitions available in your league, this means coming first in the top division of your nation, winning all domestic cup competitors available to you and winning the Champions League as well as the Club World Championship. This can take number of seasons.

This challenge is hard and expect a few sacking along the way if you fail to live up to the board's expectations. I will be updating my career in the careers section.

Put the title as Pride Of The "...." Continent (Your Continents Name)

e.g. Pride Of The African Continent

Post your attempts in the careers section and update regularly and at the bottom I will write a list of members who have achieved this challenge, but I will need proof via a career.

Enjoy, and good luck!

Leaderboard

1. @Kanegan - Bayern Munich (Africa, 3 seasons)

Edited by Kanegan
27 minutes ago, ThomW12 said:

Is this just a season challenge? Also how do you score points for the leaderboard? 

Yes, it's a one season challenge. The leaderboard is based on the no. of trophies won. 

15 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Then all your foreign players must be sold and only players from your chosen continent can be kept, and you may only sign players from your chosen continent.

Just a clarification: you'd want to say "Then, all the current players not from your chosen continent must be sold, and you may sign only players from the chosen continent." by leaving the 'foreign players' part of the sentence, it implies (though you hint at correcting it later in the explanation) that players from the country of the team you are controlling would be allowed. Which they aren't, right? Sorry to be pedantic, but this sentence threw me for a bit.

5 hours ago, ThomW12 said:

Is this just a season challenge? Also how do you score points for the leaderboard? 

5 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Yes, it's a one season challenge. The leaderboard is based on the no. of trophies won. 

The original challenge was to win one of every major trophy open to you. So in England you'd win PL, league Cups. Champions League and the Community Shield and Super Cup. 

12 minutes ago, mattydisc said:

Just a clarification: you'd want to say "Then, all the current players not from your chosen continent must be sold, and you may sign only players from the chosen continent." by leaving the 'foreign players' part of the sentence, it implies (though you hint at correcting it later in the explanation) that players from the country of the team you are controlling would be allowed. Which they aren't, right? Sorry to be pedantic, but this sentence threw me for a bit.

All players not from your chosen continent must be sold and can't be used. You can only use players from your chosen continent. If you pick Africa any player who's not African can't be used at all. 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

The original challenge was to win one of every major trophy open to you. So in England you'd win PL, league Cups. Champions League and the Community Shield and Super Cup. 

All players not from your chosen continent must be sold and can't be used. You can only use players from your chosen continent. If you pick Africa any player who's not African can't be used at all. 

Thanks mate but i thought maybe a leaderboard based on the no. of trophies won would give more people motivation to attempt this with the highest position going to a clean sweep.

In my opinion that goes against the point of this challenge, the idea is to grown season on season as you shouldn't be able to make a god team season one. Every time I've played this challenge it's the evolution of the squad that has made it fun as you find new gems and scrat around trying to improve. Also that's an awful lot of prep work for a one season challenge and basically makes the boring same old teams a necessity as you'll need a team that can compete. 

This type of save doesn't need a win condition imo, but the one I selected was to win one of everything as that leaves all teams open and a chance of progression. I remember my Newcastle attempt fondly where I had to wheel and deal improvement and how important every big signing was on the journey. I think that's my point, some challenges should be a journey and not just a wham bam thank you m'am. 

Completing a challenge should be enough to be on a leaderboard, being on a leaderboard for completing a tough challenge should be enough. Having it a race and needing immediate success just takes away from it. 

That's my opinion anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

In my opinion that goes against the point of this challenge, the idea is to grown season on season as you shouldn't be able to make a god team season one. Every time I've played this challenge it's the evolution of the squad that has made it fun as you find new gems and scrat around trying to improve. Also that's an awful lot of prep work for a one season challenge and basically makes the boring same old teams a necessity as you'll need a team that can compete. 

This type of save doesn't need a win condition imo, but the one I selected was to win one of everything as that leaves all teams open and a chance of progression. I remember my Newcastle attempt fondly where I had to wheel and deal improvement and how important every big signing was on the journey. I think that's my point, some challenges should be a journey and not just a wham bam thank you m'am. 

Completing a challenge should be enough to be on a leaderboard, being on a leaderboard for completing a tough challenge should be enough. Having it a race and needing immediate success just takes away from it. 

That's my opinion anyway. 

Ok, get it then. I will change the challenge to it's original form. Thanks for your inputs mate. I actually am playing my next long career (just started) and thought that this challenge would comprise of the 1st season but seeing your ideas, i think it will be better suited as a long term career. Thanks again.

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

One solution is to have two leaderboards ;)

One the original, one your one season idea :)

Nah, it's better to have one. It will make things less confusing.