Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Scoring With Pensioners Challenge

samhardy

Scoring With Pensioners Challenge

All credit to @Peely for creating this challenge.

This is a twist on the most popular challenge on Vibe, based around my strange fascination with the more mature goal-hangers in the game.

It's the 1k Challenge, but not as you know it. Instead of picking a promising youngster and guiding them to a decuple century of goals over many years, you have to hit the 1k mark by making use of a succession of elderly strikers.

The Challenge

• You can start at any club (not one created with "My Club", though).
  • In the first season you need to select a striker who is at least 34 years old and get them to score as many goals as possible.
  • At the end of the season you pack them off to the retirement home and bring in another doddery old gent, who will be your striker for the next season.
  • You continue like this until you score 1,000 goals or are forced to retire in disgrace after 30 seasons.

The Rules

• No unlockables allowed, except those you unlock during the save.
  • You can only use your own tactics.
  • You can only use players who are 34 or over. They don't have to be natural strikers, but you have to play them as a forward.
  • In the unlikely event of there being no players available over the age of 34, you can either throw in the towel or play on until one becomes available.
  • Each striker can only be at your club for one season - no stocking up on strikers in advance or keeping them around afterwards. You can use a player who has been part of your team earlier in the save provided they have not been at your club for at least five seasons prior to their season as your "chosen one".
  • No cheating (i.e. reloading to avoid injuries, replaying matches etc.)
  • No text changes, use of the save editor or pre-editor.
  • International goals do not count.
  • Either match engine is allowed, but I suspect it will be much, much harder using the enhanced engine.

With thirty seasons to work with, this should be easily achievable (at least on the original engine), but bear in mind that players tend to retire relativelyearly if not under human management, so the supply of good strikers maydwindle as the years go by.

The thing that appeals to me about doing the challenge in this way is that you're free to move around from club to club and league to league, withouthaving to worry about taking a player with you or the reputation of the club you go to. As long as you can find an old enough striker each season, you could move every year, going from the depths of the Skrill North to the top of La Liga over the course of your career.

In the end this may be more of an endurance challenge than anything else, but hopefully the scope for variety will keep things entertaining enough to keep people going.

Leaderboard

@Kanegan - 1034 Goals