Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Interesting teams & saves.

JamesVilla

Hi All, 

Newish member - long time lurker. 

Ive had countless saves on FMM20, normally after 5/6 seasons i get bored and end up creating a new one, with a new or previously used team. Normally, I start with my own team (Aston Villa) but only had success once in a blue moon with them!!

I think my issue is im no good at creating my own tactic, ive used many from this site and found one or two that I have had continued success with, across a number of teams. 

Ideally, I think i need to venture out of the top 3/4 leagues, ive done League 2 to champions league glory, probably my longest save yet. 

Just wanted opinions and a discussion on potentially interesting teams, ones that can keep you entertained for many years on the game. 

you can generally get anyone to the top and win multiple Champs Leagues with them. so otherwise, it sounds like the Challenge Index here was made for exactly situations like yours.

i only ever did long careers with my teams previously, but it was actually someone else posting the Goal a Mile challenge last year that made me think "hmm, interesting", and i've done a couple of others since then. it helps to add an element of "something new" to the game :)

otherwise there's a couple of options here: 

Just read other Challenges and see if any sound your kind of thing, you can do long career ones, or 1 & 2 season challenges, all have their ups and downs

Otherwise like @Mr Tree said you can get all teams to win everything with the right tactic, and again this can be done reading all the other members attempts at the best tactic

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Just read other Challenges and see if any sound your kind of thing, you can do long career ones, or 1 & 2 season challenges, all have their ups and downs

Otherwise like @Mr Tree said you can get all teams to win everything with the right tactic, and again this can be done reading all the other members attempts at the best tactic

I've fancied doing a 1k, but as stated I'm seriously rubbish at my own tactics. Nothing seems to work ha. I had a celtic save going where I was only allowing myself to sign Scottish players under the age of 23, but as soon as we hit regen territory it died out unfortunately. 

As I do, explore the net for interesting football stories for your FMM inspiration. Such as... 

4th-Tier Calais Reach French Cup Final

"Calais RUFC shocked France and the rest of the football-watching world when they made it all the way to the Coupe De France final in 2000. The team of teachers, dock workers and office clerks from the fourth-tier of the French league system found themselves in the quarter-finals when they beat the likes of Lille and Cannes, and then their run continued when they beat Ligue 1 side Strasbourg 2-1 in the last eight. The run seemed certain to end when they took on Bordeaux, the previous year's league champions, in the semi-final in Lens, yet they improbably beat them 3-1 after extra-time.

And when they took the lead in the final against Nantes through Jerome Dutitre, people actually started to believe that they could win the tournament, but Antoine Sibierski equalised for their Ligue 1 opponents and then stroked home a debatable penalty in the final minute to break the hearts of Calais and plenty of football romantics. To their credit though, Nantes insisted that their beaten opponents should lift the cup with them, with Calais skipper Reginald Becque holding aloft the trophy alongside Nantes' captain and future French international goalkeeper Mickael Landreau". 

This is just one of the numerous stories out there. It really isn't that hard to get inspired if you take a few moments to search the net. Find one or bundle a bunch of them into a single career and never look back 😉