Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Who is this Regen?

Cockers2505

Hi All

I got this guy from Vitesse when I was managing Chelsea in my recent Challenge, but I cannot work out what regen he is?

Does any of you experts know who it could be, he is simply outstanding.

Ezio Borello

IMG_7094.thumb.PNG.e94df90b08746ad9700116071acd40e0.PNG

IMG_7250.thumb.PNG.1e8cb74cd20be5657658d214e351e68c.PNG

10 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

He looks very similar to Dybala with the same footedness, almost same position and same personality. Probably he's Dybala regenerated as an Italian.

Thanks Kun, ive had that mentioned to me in my career thread, but thought it couldn’t be because he is Italian??

Edited by Cockers2505
24 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Thanks Kun, ive had that mentioned to me in my career thread, but thought it couldn’t be because he is Italian??

Regens often regenerated in a different nationality in the recent versions. Not too sure though.

2 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Yea it’s most like dybala. The Messi regen in my career came out Mexican.

Dybala has yellow right foot for me, but that screenshot up above shows brown right foot, so it can't be him (at least I've never seen a foot change). And although players do change nationality from time to time, I'm finding it quite rare still. Combine that with a foot change and I don't think it can be him.

The big change this year is that the positions change - every single time in my experience and to the point you can't recognise them. They keep one of their natural positions and everything else gets changed. So you pretty much can't search for regens using position anymore. Here's a test I did, using real PA (number not star) to confirm real regens and show the positional changes that occur this year:

So your player will have been either natural as a striker or as central AM, but probably not both and they might have had some other positions that have been removed.

The problem in your case is that the only two Italian candidates I can see are:

• Rossi who is 32 years old at the start and surely would have come back earlier than 2028 (or did that player actually come earlier than that screenshot?), or
  • Zaniolo who is only 19 at the start and should still be going strong in 2028

At least with just England loaded. Did you load any other leagues?

The only other things I can think of is a nationality swap (pretty rare and not likely to be Dybala because of the foot) or that really rare case where a player's PA gets distributed to other players. 

Hi @Scratch

this is the full facts and history of him, I have tried alsorts and simply couldn't work out who he was or who he is in regards to regen. I will have to go with your points that he could be a old player, but with different attributes and positions?

this is him still at Chelsea, but not doing anywhere near as good as when I was there.

IMG_7262.thumb.PNG.5a292e97fbad6c0af85d41b84c2d3b5b.PNG

IMG_7263.thumb.PNG.6af797829105b6a42eca178c83dcd964.PNG

IMG_7264.thumb.PNG.407e88f7c9c0f0e2e31ef9ea4a380256.PNG

IMG_7265.thumb.PNG.2e005e03b669835393596502c5f79a7a.PNG

IMG_7266.thumb.PNG.75be6c0ef52771d4aa54c16ac814432b.PNG

Looks familiar...

5AD1084A-503E-406E-8211-B62B4C335518.thumb.png.771703b12ab1a5ce48f1b1caf52ca583.png

Think I’ve got him third time round. 

Looks like RossiF402015D-B9B0-4702-9648-E5C345440A9B.thumb.png.dc09b88731da5d5c6179ffc4231372c5.png

Not sure if his potential is that high as don’t have editor but feet fit him as does position, age and nationality. 

Edited by MikeF
2 hours ago, MikeF said:

Looks familiar...

5AD1084A-503E-406E-8211-B62B4C335518.thumb.png.771703b12ab1a5ce48f1b1caf52ca583.png

Think I’ve got him third time round. 

Looks like RossiF402015D-B9B0-4702-9648-E5C345440A9B.thumb.png.dc09b88731da5d5c6179ffc4231372c5.png

Not sure if his potential is that high as don’t have editor but feet fit him as does position, age and nationality. 

Don’t quote me on this, but i thought regens have the exact positions, so in my man att mid and striker, nothing else?

So your guys cannot be the same as they have multiple positions they can play in regardless colour, but this is what i always believed

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Don’t quote me on this, but i thought regens have the exact positions, so in my man att mid and striker, nothing else?

So your guys cannot be the same as they have multiple positions they can play in regardless colour, but this is what i always believed

They used to have exact same positions but in FMM20 it’s just the primary (or one of, if there’s multiple) position that stays the same. That and the feet. That’s all now. Everything else can change. Well, nationality tends to stay the same but it can change too. 

It’s to make it a bit harder to find regens (which I like). 

21 hours ago, MikeF said:

They used to have exact same positions but in FMM20 it’s just the primary (or one of, if there’s multiple) position that stays the same. That and the feet. That’s all now. Everything else can change. Well, nationality tends to stay the same but it can change too. 

It’s to make it a bit harder to find regens (which I like). 

Yep, that's what I was trying to say as well. The positions don't stay the same this year (apart from the primary position). I proved it in the post I linked to. 🙂

Only the feet stay the same every time (and behind the scenes the real PA). Nationality almost always stays the same, but can change occasionally. Everything else changes (which I like too).

Given this player started in 23/24, my best guess is he's Rossi (and Rossi played until 36 or 37). His PA is high enough for him to get that good. 

On 21/02/2020 at 22:05, Cockers2505 said:

Hi All

I got this guy from Vitesse when I was managing Chelsea in my recent Challenge, but I cannot work out what regen he is?

Does any of you experts know who it could be, he is simply outstanding.

Ezio Borello

IMG_7094.thumb.PNG.e94df90b08746ad9700116071acd40e0.PNG

IMG_7250.thumb.PNG.1e8cb74cd20be5657658d214e351e68c.PNG

What about Sebastian Giovinco?

I never understood why people will search for regens to know who he was, it spoils the beauty of the game. Knowing how he will develop I will feel that I'm exploiting the game weekness, just use your scouts and assistant advices to try to develop the player how you want it.

I know is kind off topic, sorry for that. 

Edited by George Traistă
14 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

I never understood why people will search for regens to know who he was, it spoils the beauty of the game. Knowing how he will develop I will feel that I'm exploiting the game weekness, just use your scouts and assistant advices to try to develop the player how you want it.

I know is kind off topic, sorry for that. 

Yeah, I'm caught in the middle with this. Most of the time I play just how you describe (ignore who they might have been and judge them on their merit). That is generally a much more enjoyable way to play for me.

But I'm also fascinated with the process and how FMM works under the hood etc and finding regens is part of that. So I want FMM to solve it for me by making them impossible to find (change everything, even the feet and even the PA slightly). 

4 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I'm caught in the middle with this. Most of the time I play just how you describe (ignore who they might have been and judge them on their merit). That is generally a much more enjoyable way to play for me.

But I'm also fascinated with the process and how FMM works under the hood etc and finding regens is part of that. So I want FMM to solve it for me by making them impossible to find (change everything, even the feet and even the PA slightly). 

Yes, randomise everything on how players are created and FMM will solve that. I think this ducussion goes under that article of FMM being too easy... If you know who is who's regen, it make the game easier. 

Randomising player base is an awesome idea

I understand we can't get newgen system like PC has due to how limited mobile is but randomising regens completely would refresh this game so much