Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Need help devising this tatctic

They’ve got 3 at the back. The wide players in midfield will be their wingers. It’s like a 3-4-3 but with one less striker and a DM. So 3-5-2 I guess. That will be a flat back 3 in possession. 

Most teams today actually play 2-3-5 or 3-2-5 with the ball. We tend to look at formations out of possession eg 4-4-2, 4-3-3 etc but with the ball big teams attack with 5 attackers, 1 in each vertical to give width. 

A few formations on here start off like that. They look really attacking but so long as you keep possession you’re ok. The tactic I’m using for my triple threat challenge is a 2-3-5 so 2 CB, 3 MF, 2 Attacking wingers, 3 Strikers. 

I’ll look at this tactic out of interest...

Something like this at quick glance:

B0F972F8-2AE7-438A-AF0C-42ADA1D69542.thumb.png.8c63dcae733309b3def34d4cc569b71f.png

Ignore the roles. I just put anything down. And Angelino is on left wing (sky sports had this line up vs your google link and it makes more sense). 

Angelino is on loan from city so not in this DB yet. 

Essentially he and Mukiele are playing as wingbacks higher up the pitch. Like wolves do. So it’s probably more of a 5-3-2 without the ball and then wingers and AP push up with the ball to give a 3-2-5. 

Looks solid. 3-4-3 works well this year I’ve heard and it’s not too dissimilar to that. 

17 hours ago, MikeF said:

Something like this at quick glance:

B0F972F8-2AE7-438A-AF0C-42ADA1D69542.thumb.png.8c63dcae733309b3def34d4cc569b71f.png

Ignore the roles. I just put anything down. And Angelino is on left wing (sky sports had this line up vs your google link and it makes more sense). 

Angelino is on loan from city so not in this DB yet. 

Essentially he and Mukiele are playing as wingbacks higher up the pitch. Like wolves do. So it’s probably more of a 5-3-2 without the ball and then wingers and AP push up with the ball to give a 3-2-5. 

Looks solid. 3-4-3 works well this year I’ve heard and it’s not too dissimilar to that. 

I'm not too sure this was their set-up yesterday 

I was just showing how it’s not actually too different a formation compared to other teams and they had more than one CB. Going by what the post above and Sky Sports said...

2C9AAA74-5288-462E-9070-D3EAC40587F0.thumb.jpeg.07fc530944457d35c6761e0c21a0916a.jpeg

Im sure they set up differently however as tactics are never as simple as illustrated.