Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Help training a player

Woody2019

What’s his training set to? Look at what role you have and in each description you can see what stats the role training will focus on. If you already have that set up correctly, the fella doesn’t wanna head the ball. 

Yeah, it's pretty hard to train them up in Aerial these days. The very first version of FMM20 had it really easy to train Aerial (anyone could get to 20 quite quickly), just like FMM19. But in either the first or second update they nuked it and now it's really hard. Some player's improve (but more slowly), some don't (only very occasional improvements, or more likely none).

It's like the game now knows which players might actually turn into strong Aerial players and lets them improve, but then doesn't let other players develop it so much - so taking a small poacher and turning them into an Aerial 20 player is not really possible anymore... 🙁 Though I guess it's much more realistic.

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, it's pretty hard to train them up in Aerial these days. The very first version of FMM20 had it really easy to train Aerial (anyone could get to 20 quite quickly), just like FMM19. But in either the first or second update they nuked it and now it's really hard. Some player's improve (but more slowly), some don't (only very occasional improvements, or more likely none).

It's like the game now knows which players might actually turn into strong Aerial players and lets them improve, but then doesn't let other players develop it so much - so taking a small poacher and turning them into an Aerial 20 player is not really possible anymore... 🙁 Though I guess it's much more realistic.

Is it possibly linked with hidden attributes like height? 

Height and weight should be unhidden, I mean imagine if all the while your 15 aerial regen defender was actually 165cm. 

Edited by RPA123456
8 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

Is it possibly linked with hidden attributes like height? 

Height and weight should be unhidden, I mean imagine if all the while your 15 aerial regen defender was actually 165cm. 

Yeah I think it’s more closely tied to this now.  

Some players will still get to 20 easily enough (although slower than before) whereas some won’t get past 14. 

51 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Aerial is made up of two separate hidden attributes: one for Heading and another one which I think is Jumping. I don't think Height is actually stored (but I could be wrong, maybe I just haven't found it yet).

Anyway, I think Jumping covers height too - a tall player would probably have a high Jumping value, while a short one would probably have a lower one. Of course there are few shorter players who can jump quite well, so I guess they'd get a good score for it. All this is just my best guess, don't know for sure.

49 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Yeah I think it’s more closely tied to this now.  

Some players will still get to 20 easily enough (although slower than before) whereas some won’t get past 14. 

I'll probably test this once I've finished my current save (gonna be a while!). I have a theory about what's going on, but need to prove it with testing.

As you've probably have seen, Teamwork can now be trained (talking training here, not mentoring). However, I noticed something funny with that. Teamwork is made up of two hidden attributes as well: Work Rate and what I call Unselfishness (maybe there is a better term?).

Anyway, I haven't fully tested yet, but it seems to me that when Teamwork increases through training, only the Unselfishness part increases. The Work Rate one stays the same. 

I'm guessing the same thing happens with Aerial - maybe training only increases the Heading part now and the Jumping part stays the same (whereas before it increased too)? That would make sense with what I've seen with the game (without looking behind the scenes).  

But as I said, that's all just guessing. I'll probably do some testing to try to prove it, but not at the moment because I don't keep my scout app installed on my phone when I'm in the middle of a career.