Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Gamekiller 4-1-2-1-2

This is not the right tactic if you want nice attacking football with loads of possession. This is a defensive strategy but a very effective tactic with counter goals. Don't be afraid to kill the game when needed. In the last 15-20 minutes I often use time waisting while leading. You often score only 1 or 2 times, but that's enough. The idea behind this tactic is very simple. Let the opponent have the ball, we only start moving when needed with the exception of the 2 defensive forwards. These 2 put constant pressure on the defense of the opponent so that the counter can run quickly when the ball is captured. You could see them as ball-winning wingers (Mandzukic!). They therefore need high teamwork, stamina and tackling stats. The shadow striker anticipates the passes of the 2 defensive forwards and passes from midfield. The attacking midfielders come forward with every counter and do virtually nothing defensively. You need a strong defensive line that really frustrates the opponent. This includes all-round fullbacks and strong solid central defenders with great tackling, positioning, strength and aerial. The anchor man provides extra protection for the defensive line and regularly conquers the ball after which he quickly fits towards the creative midfielders. I personally think that this tactic is perfect for underdog teams, but I am also very curious about how it works with top teams. For example, how would it work with Barca? Messi as SS, Suarez and Griezmann as defensive forwards? Frenkie, Arthur in midfield with Busquets as anchor in the back .. Very effective in theory .. But it may also be that this does not work at all with large teams.

Screenshot_20200305-102832.thumb.png.808968a2d3f97e5883bfa80c5cb3cfdc.png

Screenshot_20200304-105638.thumb.png.ecf0008639ba0f2b6ef10dbc94cb58f8.png

I am very curious what your guys think of this tactic!

Screenshot_20200304-105643.thumb.png.18ee1e5e712d95b955429fc1675be8f1.pngScreenshot_20200304-105646.thumb.png.ac9e8ad290b5beb0bafc0de57913aaea.pngScreenshot_20200304-105650.thumb.png.2066aba03b0bc89e4ac727ac2b9fb27a.png

Screenshot_20200305-102906.thumb.png.bcafc15e6f2270c4f0148df4f6355f21.pngScreenshot_20200305-102921.thumb.png.67ab5c65d77f59069c22b0e8d0231aaf.png

Screenshot_20200305-102957.thumb.png.15a8a362293e26af9eefd2ad28cad17b.pngScreenshot_20200305-103005.thumb.png.e6be49895be30f14a3df19a37efa34a8.pngScreenshot_20200305-103013.thumb.png.f980fc6b001000c770ce3dd3985af7be.pngScreenshot_20200305-103021.thumb.png.f9ba6c58475dbf05adf31fd465785960.png

Screenshot_20200305-102906.png

25 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Really interesting set up, how did the DFs perform? I used that role one in a front three and was actually pleasantly surprised by it but not like this. 

Their role is mainly to put constant pressure on the defense of the opponent, and in particular the backs. They also anticipate on the passes of your own fullbacks. When they have the ball, they usually play to the SS or the APs. Sometimes they go for their own succes.

Thank for sharing yet another tactic :)! 

its looking really interesting. The SS should have the normal attributes for sure but a god like Malinkovic-savic should destroy the role . Maybe Marega as a good DF

33 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Thank for sharing yet another tactic :)! 

its looking really interesting. The SS should have the normal attributes for sure but a god like Malinkovic-savic should destroy the role . Maybe Marega as a good DF

😁

Yeah the SS with normal attributes. You can also always retrain strikers or wingers to SS very easily. Good dribbling is very important.

3 hours ago, Van The Man said:

Their role is mainly to put constant pressure on the defense of the opponent, and in particular the backs. They also anticipate on the passes of your own fullbacks. When they have the ball, they usually play to the SS or the APs. Sometimes they go for their own succes.

Nice. Might be something I experiment with when I do a low league career. Thanks for sharing. 

5 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Might give this a go with Villa. Always seem to struggle with the team, no matter who i buy or sell. 

Results look impressive and a slightly different formation. Well done!

Nice, keep me updated!!

I dunno what to say..... i have been using the exact same tactics,recently even went without conceding a goal in one season. I guess two people can think alike, now I don't have to upload the tactics. 

18 hours ago, MohitMax Roy said:

I dunno what to say..... i have been using the exact same tactics,recently even went without conceding a goal in one season. I guess two people can think alike, now I don't have to upload the tactics. 

Haha i recognise that. Sometimes while i work on a tactic and then i see that somebody posted almost a identical one. But without conceding a goal is impressive!! Better than mine!

For big teams this setup seems to work. Change team mentality to balanced, width to wide and formation to this:

Screenshot_20200308-092309.thumb.png.15e6c0d4ec12ce8d6c6cf7499ff3e9fb.png

9 hours ago, Van The Man said:

Haha i recognise that. Sometimes while i work on a tactic and then i see that somebody posted almost a identical one. But without conceding a goal is impressive!! Better than mine!

For big teams this setup seems to work. Change team mentality to balanced, width to wide and formation to this:

Screenshot_20200308-092309.thumb.png.15e6c0d4ec12ce8d6c6cf7499ff3e9fb.png

See if you can develop the original shape to work against bigger sides. It's a more interesting setup than that flat 4-3-3. Not a knock on you, just an opinion that the original shape looks more fun and a little different to the norm.

Edited by Schwantz34
19 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

See if you can develop the original shape to work against bigger sides. It's a more interesting setup than that flat 4-3-3. Not a knock on you, just an opinion that the original shape looks more fun and a little different to the norm.

The original form already works great against bigger sides! The 433 is just better for playing with top teams / title favorites and more attacking.

I will try this tactic with Mallorca. This will be the ultimate underdog test for the tactic. I will keep you updated...

On 09/03/2020 at 12:12, zila90 said:

I will try this tactic with Mallorca. This will be the ultimate underdog test for the tactic. I will keep you updated...

It didn't work very well for me with Mallorca. Defensively the tactic is decent but we have struggled to score goals. I assume that this is because the lack of quality players.

I just have a question about the Anchor position. I always used either DLF or BWM for the DM position, was I being stupid in not using Anchor? And if such, what stats should I look for a player whom I would put in for the anchor position?

1 hour ago, Lavi said:

I just have a question about the Anchor position. I always used either DLF or BWM for the DM position, was I being stupid in not using Anchor? And if such, what stats should I look for a player whom I would put in for the anchor position?

DLF and BWM are more creative players. DM is more allround. They also not stick to their position. My choice of using a Anchor is because i want him to do a simple job. Just win the ball and quickly give the ball to more creative players. Tackling, decisions and strength are most important. Positioning and passing are also stats you want for this role.

11 hours ago, zila90 said:

It didn't work very well for me with Mallorca. Defensively the tactic is decent but we have struggled to score goals. I assume that this is because the lack of quality players.

Hmm, can you show me the squad? You can also retrain wingbacks to wingers, then you can easily use them as defensive forwards! This works really well. 

4 hours ago, Van The Man said:

Not bad! 

Just the goals scored that's disappointing and all the drawn games. Did its job though and got the team promoted.

On 05/03/2020 at 15:23, Jsavfc said:

Might give this a go with Villa. Always seem to struggle with the team, no matter who i buy or sell. 

Results look impressive and a slightly different formation. Well done!

I tried....and failed. 

The starting squad is just too poor. No real quality out wide, only real good points was Grealish for SS and Mings at the back.