Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Anyone playing the Welsh League on FMM2020?

Hi,

Just thought I would start a thread to see if anyone is playing the Welsh League (Welsh Prem, Cymru North/South). I love playing these leagues and was over the moon when S.I included Cymru North and South for the first time!

Just wondered if anyone:

-Has done well in Europe?

-Can recommend any clubs to play as?

-And most importantly any gems to sign from the Welsh League?

added 0 minutes later

I play as Ammanford as they start off as Amateur with a 250 capacity stadium and poor training and youth so its a real challenge to build them up as a club, + you get the mighty Lee Trundle and Andy Robinson to play with from the start!

Players worth signing are Noah Daley and Sameron Dool

Interested to know as well. I'm playing amateurs in my current save and remember coming across that Lee Trundle you mentioned. I had him on my shortlist to use at a later stage but couldn't once his team Ammanford turned pro. Shame as he looked decent. 

Screenshot_20200310-201802.thumb.png.36c7a9836e63cc07e599df7bceddc057.png

Stadium remained 250 tho which makes no sense. 

Just reposting since the Feb 2020 transfer update this to see if anyone can recommend any Welsh league based players or any tips for decent players to sign/clubs to manage? I love the inclusion of the Cymru North and South in this one.

On 10/03/2020 at 13:43, BatiGoal said:

Interested to know as well. I'm playing amateurs in my current save and remember coming across that Lee Trundle you mentioned. I had him on my shortlist to use at a later stage but couldn't once his team Ammanford turned pro. Shame as he looked decent. 

Screenshot_20200310-201802.thumb.png.36c7a9836e63cc07e599df7bceddc057.png

Stadium remained 250 tho which makes no sense. 

Check out lee trundle on YouTube. Had some serious talent!

I might start a save in the Welsh league soon having managed Llanelli Town on an older FM. They are now in the Cymru South so I'll have to get promoted first. Because they were relegated they have lost a lot of good ex Swansea players who were at the club. Damn!

Edited by Westside

Just started a game in Wales now with Ammanford in the second division or lowest division as it is, it’s only just down the road from me, I’m from Carmarthen and there top league but fancied the worst possible league and I got to say it’s loads of fun and would highly recommend it, loads of goals!

On 21/10/2020 at 22:31, Zygotic said:

i won the welsh prem in season 4 as Barry. Thoma Frick has scored a lot of goals for me. also found Toby Ross to be good too, loads of pace

I can't find Toby Ross on the game. What club does he start at?

5BE180DF-BF5F-4987-BC90-F7C3A46C1173.thumb.png.261181821eb86e060bcf8544bff79208.png

Been playing this here and there and it’s so much fun, made Europa league group stage twice but finally made champions league group stage, my team is probably league 2 standard!

Can’t wait for our full 250 home attendance to watch the games 🤣

Edited by RichD
4 minutes ago, RichD said:

Can’t wait for our full 250 home attendance to watch the games 🤣

When I managed TNS all my European games were played at Shrewsbury’s ground until the club built a new stadium.

Just now, FuddledFox said:

When I managed TNS all my European games were played at Shrewsbury’s ground until the club built a new stadium.

Not sure where my Europa League games were played last two seasons now, I’m sure it said Ammanford but I could be wrong. Just asked for a stadium expansion and they agreed, we now have a 5,000 seater 😎

Just now, FuddledFox said:

How many people live in Ammanford?

Are they the club that starts with Lee Trundle?

I genuinely just searched and there is apparently 5,411, it’s quite a rough area, not far from me in Carmarthen we have a massive 13,000 people!!

And yeah Trundle is there, not bad stats to be fair, he’s a legend around my part of the world.

10 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

5000 more than where I live tbf.

If you see Lee about you can tell him he was honoured in this years VPL.

I’ll make sure it’s the first thing I mention to him if I ever see him again!

Little old Ammanford had a right go at Anfield😁

92D13C6B-5730-4B31-B072-C2886A0A7E3D.thumb.png.8687ddf3a3f61bfbd18a9bd6b3b5c9ac.png

10 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

have a vague memory from my time at TNS, is that not their standard arrangement for Euro games (in real life)? I can't imagine the game has a capacity requirement coded into it...

I have looked back at my save and it seems to change depending on the game. So in European qualifiers against small teams my home game were at my stadium.

image.png.7bfe9cfd3e54a95b216be33a64311ee4.png

Then once I was in Group games they were at Shrewsbury’s stadium.

image.png.74f3a03bf1816e0cd7bd75a79d5e1934.png

Once the club built a new ground all my games were there.

F9FAD7D2-128C-41B2-A7A5-0B9301BAF260.thumb.png.d7ad42f47e6c0eb1496c214e1a63c3b5.png

So I’ve just looked in to mine now and we have played all our qualifiers and group games at the Liberty stadium in Swansea, I’ve got the last 16 in Europa League coming up after finishing 3rd in the group, I assume that will be the same.

Also thanks @Mr Tree 😁

Edited by RichD

some nice screenshots there, @FuddledFox :D and to be honest, it's kinda cool if they do have some sort of recognition for games like that (albeit a bit of a shame that you can't use your ramshackle shed to host Europe's greats!)

20 hours ago, RichD said:

I’ll make sure it’s the first thing I mention to him if I ever see him again!

Little old Ammanford had a right go at Anfield😁

92D13C6B-5730-4B31-B072-C2886A0A7E3D.thumb.png.8687ddf3a3f61bfbd18a9bd6b3b5c9ac.png

You scored 3 at Anfield? I can’t even score against a wifi password in Europa league