Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career No One Left Behind - A Koita 1KC [ABANDONED]

Scratch

Amazing! I've started 3 or 4 "challenges" with my beloved Toon but not managed to finish. Will get around to it at some point. 

You're going to smash this & honestly, because of the team you're using. I'm delighted! KIU 😁

Just like your 2k challenge I followed, I don't understand how you boost the aerial abilities so quickly. I've tried everything you've suggested but not improved any more than 4, maybe 5. 🤔😂

On 20/04/2020 at 08:39, Dai_ said:

Amazing! I've started 3 or 4 "challenges" with my beloved Toon but not managed to finish. Will get around to it at some point. 

You're going to smash this & honestly, because of the team you're using. I'm delighted! KIU 😁

Just like your 2k challenge I followed, I don't understand how you boost the aerial abilities so quickly. I've tried everything you've suggested but not improved any more than 4, maybe 5. 🤔😂

Thanks mate! I love a good Toon career too - and it's something special when you start racking up Champions League after Champions League, year in year out... 😄 Dare we hope for that in real life now? I know it's not PC to be happy about the likely new owners, but at the same time, very hard not to be excited about the footballing prospects.

The Aerial surprised me somewhat as well - it used to be super easy to boost, then got almost impossible and now it's possible but unpredictable... I have another player stuck at 17, but he jumped to that pretty quickly, then it got stuck... So I'm not sure what the secret is.

I will say (probably again) that for Koita, I mentored him with someone with high Aerial and I kept him on Target Man as the target role until he hit 20. Most of the time he had Aerial as the target attribute, but I also swapped that around when it gets stuck (and sometimes he gets an increase in Aerial at the next update after I swap to something else, but that's not repeatable, just once or twice). 

But probably the real secret is that Koita has had a lot of updates (maybe around 6 a year). I can't remember exactly now, but I think he had one big jump (3 to 4 from memory), a couple where it was 2, a couple where it was 1, then quite a lot where it didn't improve at all. So I think it is mostly down to getting there eventually if you persist and are lucky enough that the player has a lot of updates.

Of course I say "lucky enough that the player has a lot of updates", but I knew that would be the case for Koita. I don't know what his PA is for *this* career, but I've seen him enough times in other test saves that I know it's going to be high and I know his starting CA is low, so I knew that he'd have a lot of updates whatever his PA is for this save. So, yeah, that helps... It's an unfair advantage I have due to developing a scouting app, not something everyone else can replicate (well, I guess people could use the wonderkids list, it's similar).

Update - Season 3

So things are on the up.

We won almost everything last season, but most of them were a struggle. I'm hoping that this season we can win most domestic competitions and that we can do so in a more convincing manner. In Europe, we want to translate last year's Euro Cup win into a long run at the Champions League.

Koita scored 56 goals last season and I'm hoping he can make it to 70 or 80 this year.

Transfers

Once again we were pretty busy improving the squad:

Spoiler

koita-season03-15.thumb.jpg.6f18a49f3ff89d0ed50a0bfb58e740e1.jpg

koita-season03-16.thumb.jpg.7acd495beface252f88ddde7ef121089.jpg

koita-season03-17.thumb.jpg.f254c657744f6ae2064bf3af1599b4e3.jpg

koita-season03-18.thumb.jpg.1b9cb46fc4ea80afac9687d5df83d989.jpg

The outgoings had some significant names this time around:

• Both the Longstaffs: I love that they are homegrown and they were decent, but below the standard of the other midfielders - I held on to them as long as I could but eventually let them go.

• Zouma: he was a solid player for us, but had no improvement left and was standing in the way of the youngsters.

• Rodon: I really thought he was here for the long haul, but we had too many defenders - it was him or Ajer who had to leave and he drew the short straw.

• Moro: Similarly, we had too many midfielders and Moro's stats were slightly worse than the others, but it was a tough choice.

• Maier: I wanted to keep him, but he had his head turned and basically forced a move.

Coming in:

• Goretzka: I needed a more experienced midfielder to mentor some of the youngsters and he fit the bill, though it won't be long before he won't be able to get a game (unless he improves too).

• Foden: After Maier forced his move (in January), I decided to splash the cash on Foden, even though he is only on par with the rest of our midfielders (Palacios, Tonali, Verschaeren,Vera, etc) at this point.

• A bunch of youngsters: The rest are all unknown youngsters. Some will thrive, some won't survive. I'm keeping a close eye on Donnarumma's little brother (or at least namesake), who looks a promising keeper.

Results

A decent season:

Spoiler

koita-season03-13.thumb.jpg.3f810498ee7a3cca85c9a6b151282064.jpg

koita-season03-01.thumb.jpg.e12d3d3b80fb5ffa66291ad71a92d9ef.jpg

koita-season03-02.thumb.jpg.acc85cfeb52a3ee869bfb43519f281bf.jpg

koita-season03-06.thumb.jpg.21583071e624944a9b43a3e8c6410fd4.jpg

koita-season03-10.thumb.jpg.4a6e0e72ac5a04a7cad5fd3835a13a4f.jpg

koita-season03-11.thumb.jpg.12dcc201b10fb21fcd51c981eab589d2.jpg

We walked the League this year (that's more like it!), although we only scored 74 goals.

We won the Community Shield (4-0 over Arsenal), but lost the Euro Super Cup (1-0 to Bayern). We won the League Cup (2-0 over Man City) and the FA Cup Final (2-0 over Man Utd).

But the real test was the Champions League. We made it to the Final, beating both Barcelona and Real Madrid in the knockout stages along the way. That gave us a Final against Atletico Madrid and we went into it with high hopes - but they smashed us 3-0, which really brought us back down to earth.

So, all in all, a great season, but we need to step up in Europe before we claim our rightful place as the best in the world.

Development

Koita only had a couple of updates this season (including one that didn't change anything). He ended the season looking like this:

koita-season03-19.thumb.jpg.d06b664989c896e472cf4386e8b7bd62.jpg

I was focusing on training his Stamina, but it didn't move at all. Instead, his Pace went up 2! I'm happy about that, but also slightly frustrated. Decisions also stayed the same, but both Movement and Shooting improved by 1. There is still a little progress after each game, so at least one more update in store.

Slightly Tired Theory

Interestingly, his Shooting is 19, but whenever he gets Slightly Tired it comes back down to 18 (as in the screenshot above). I'm guessing that this is evidence of a slight tiredness penalty on a player's attributes.

Background: Shooting is made up of 2 values (Finishing and Long Shots) and both of those are stored as 0 to 255 (not 0 to 20). There are many other attributes stored as 0-255 (though not all) and there is some secret formula to convert these to 0-20 values. Key point: if something shows as 19, it's actually in a range of characters - maybe you can think of it as actually being 19.05, 19.1, 19.15, etc, but only ever showing as 19 (it's not exactly that, but it's roughly something like that). 

I think in Koita's case, the combined value must be just a little over the amount needed to show as 19 (eg maybe it is equivalent to 19.05). Then I'm guessing there is some sort of tiredness penalty, which brings a player's attributes down a little, (but not a lot, which is why you normally don't notice anything). However in this case, it might be bringing him down from say 19.05 to 18.85 and that's why you can see the change.

It's just a guess, could be totally wrong, but it fits what I'm seeing here for Koita. Hmm.. I guess I think way too much about this sort of stuff...

Injuries and Availability

Only one injury this season and only 10 days long:

koita-season03-07.thumb.jpg.29d2f080a53911dcd46d03ed962a4195.jpg

Goals

He stepped it up again this year, scoring 68 goals in 52 games:

koita-season03-20.thumb.jpg.27a682be1f1ca350ca7dfdb28c7355c5.jpg

He fell short of the 70 goals I was looking far, but it was a good improvement in the goals per game ratio.

Progress

Season Goals
01 27
02 56
03 68
Total 151 / 1000

Trajectory is looking good. If he keeps moving in that direction, 1K won't be a problem.

Looking Forward

I'll be happy if we continue improving as we are, but I guess I'll set the target of 80 goals for next season (assuming not too many injuries). Fingers crossed!

Edited by Scratch
11 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Great work mate! This has been the first time I’ve been on vibe for ages so it’s nice to come on and see a good old 1KC going rather nicely

Thanks mate. I managed a 2KC in Scotland, but it's much harder down here in the EPL! It's sort of nice though - feels like I'm achieving more, like it is indeed a good old fashioned 1KC (I'm sure they used to be harder than in recent versions, but maybe I'm just a better manager now). 

Anyway, it'll be interesting in the coming seasons - the team is becoming world class now and in early season 4, we're winning more games 4-0 etc. Maybe Koita can come close to 100 per season? I think likely not. I think 80 would be great in this league with 90 perhaps the top. But we'll see! 🙂

18 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Great work Scratch. Looking at yours I had a feeling that I might be able to do the 1kc with Ajer 😯

Thanks mate! I was actually planning to do a 1KC with Ajer a year or two ago, but never got around to it. You used to be able to train him to full green in all positions down the centre, so I used to do that and used him as a back up striker at times. In this version though, his retrain-ability as striker is Poor. Maybe possible with enough perseverance, but not as easy... Like to see someone try it though!  

37 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks mate! I was actually planning to do a 1KC with Ajer a year or two ago, but never got around to it. You used to be able to train him to full green in all positions down the centre, so I used to do that and used him as a back up striker at times. In this version though, his retrain-ability as striker is Poor. Maybe possible with enough perseverance, but not as easy... Like to see someone try it though!  

Mine got him to dark green in first season and light in second. You can see on my latest career

23 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Mine got him to dark green in first season and light in second. You can see on my latest career

LOL, sorry, I am so far behind on reading careers I haven't seen that yet! I have a bunch of careers open in tabs, including some that have already finished... I pretty much suck badly at being a community member right now... 

23 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Was it @Nucleus who got a 1k out of Ajer a few versions back? Sure it was. 
Anyway great season 3 mate and heading firmly in the right direction!

Hmm, I can't remember that now. Maybe I missed that, as surely I'd remember that. Would have been good to see. Mind you Nuke could get a 1KC out the team mascot, so getting one out of Ajer wasn't that impressive! :P to you Nuke if you see this!

Anyway, thanks mate! It's all coming together.

No big assists tallies this time. I left it out of the update, but I had 6 team members with between 10 and 20 assists, so they are being shared around. Most still go to right wing, but I'm rotating the players there now (Fati, Marin, occasionally Verschaeren). Verschaeren mostly plays in central midfield, but takes the corners when he's on the field (his crossing is at about 17 and he has the takes a good corner message). If I picked one player to play right wing and take the corners as well, the numbers would be getting right up there again.

On 21/04/2020 at 20:12, Scratch said:

Hmm.. I guess I think way too much about this sort of stuff...

I'm afraid so 😂 

22 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I have a bunch of careers open in tabs, including some that have already finished

Skip em all and go directly to mine. 

On 21/04/2020 at 20:12, Scratch said:

I'll set the target of 80 goals for next season

The man is looking great. And at a fine age too entering his 4th season. Prediction: 82.

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm afraid so 😂 

You can talk! You think way too much about FMM too (though maybe more on the tactics side than me). 🤣

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Skip em all and go directly to mine. 

I'll admit I've been (somewhat) poor at commenting on your careers, but if you did some analysis on my comments to vibe member ratio, you'd find you had the least to complain about! 😄

7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

The man is looking great. And at a fine age too entering his 4th season. Prediction: 82.

Thanks mate - he's on track for around that, or maybe slightly more. No injuries yet though. 🤞

On 21/04/2020 at 15:25, smoggy90 said:

Was it @Nucleus who got a 1k out of Ajer a few versions back? Sure it was. 
Anyway great season 3 mate and heading firmly in the right direction!

Yep. A really fun career to read too.

@Scratch totally agree on the EPL being a bit harder. It makes it more enjoyable as long as you accept you won’t get as good of a score as elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yep. A really fun career to read too.

@Scratch totally agree on the EPL being a bit harder. It makes it more enjoyable as long as you accept you won’t get as good of a score as elsewhere. 

Shame I missed it or forgot it then! 

Yeah, I think I like it being tougher, but it's probably not tough enough. I was making Finals in the first season, won the league and the Euro Cup in the 2nd season, made the CL final in the third. I mean I was trying to do all that, but it's not realistic. I suppose I can't demand realism when I'm trying to score 1K goals, but it would be good if the game was harder and it was actually a challenge to just make it to 1K.

Oh well, next year you will no doubt see me back at Celtic trying to score a massive number of goals... If the game lets you do it, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Excellent work as always!! One question and sorry for the inconvenience..you started with November database and all the available updates??im asking for the aerial "bug" because in my saves no-one goes up to 17 ..thanks and sorry for my English!! 😀

7 hours ago, fotakis276718 said:

Excellent work as always!! One question and sorry for the inconvenience..you started with November database and all the available updates??im asking for the aerial "bug" because in my saves no-one goes up to 17 ..thanks and sorry for my English!! 😀

Thanks. Yes, started with the November database (only way to get Koita) and with the latest version. I'm not sure I can say much more than I have already, so I'll just copy paste from a comment above:

The Aerial surprised me somewhat as well - it used to be super easy to boost, then got almost impossible and now it's possible but unpredictable... I have another player stuck at 17, but he jumped to that pretty quickly, then it got stuck... So I'm not sure what the secret is.

I will say (probably again) that for Koita, I mentored him with someone with high Aerial and I kept him on Target Man as the target role until he hit 20. Most of the time he had Aerial as the target attribute, but I also swapped that around when it gets stuck (and sometimes he gets an increase in Aerial at the next update after I swap to something else, but that's not repeatable, just once or twice). 

But probably the real secret is that Koita has had a lot of updates (maybe around 6 a year). I can't remember exactly now, but I think he had one big jump (3 to 4 from memory), a couple where it was 2, a couple where it was 1, then quite a lot where it didn't improve at all. So I think it is mostly down to getting there eventually if you persist and are lucky enough that the player has a lot of updates.

Of course I say "lucky enough that the player has a lot of updates", but I knew that would be the case for Koita. I don't know what his PA is for *this* career, but I've seen him enough times in other test saves that I know it's going to be high and I know his starting CA is low, so I knew that he'd have a lot of updates whatever his PA is for this save. So, yeah, that helps... It's an unfair advantage I have due to developing a scouting app, not something everyone else can replicate (well, I guess people could use the wonderkids list, it's similar).

The player who was stuck on 17 is now at 18 and has some development to go. I have two more wonderkids (regens) in my reserve team who are at 16 with big jumps, but then I also have two more who haven't moved much (one at 11, one at 13). 

So, I can't see the logic in it. It seems pretty random. If I had to summarise it, I'd say that for me at least, it looks like a little more than half of the players can improve significantly - but just how far depends on how many updates they get. 

We also discussed this is General Discussion if you want to read on it further (link to my post but read down the whole page). Oh, I'd forgotten this, but further down that page I did a very unscientific test with 1 player (Gouri) - he had +5 Aerial when mentored in Aerial and +2 when not mentored in Aerial and also I found that both Jumping and Heading improved in both cases (which I think wasn't the case at some point):

18 hours ago, Scratch said:

Thanks. Yes, started with the November database (only way to get Koita) and with the latest version. I'm not sure I can say much more than I have already, so I'll just copy paste from a comment above:

The player who was stuck on 17 is now at 18 and has some development to go. I have two more wonderkids (regens) in my reserve team who are at 16 with big jumps, but then I also have two more who haven't moved much (one at 11, one at 13). 

So, I can't see the logic in it. It seems pretty random. If I had to summarise it, I'd say that for me at least, it looks like a little more than half of the players can improve significantly - but just how far depends on how many updates they get. 

We also discussed this is General Discussion if you want to read on it further (link to my post but read down the whole page). Oh, I'd forgotten this, but further down that page I did a very unscientific test with 1 player (Gouri) - he had +5 Aerial when mentored in Aerial and +2 when not mentored in Aerial and also I found that both Jumping and Heading improved in both cases (which I think wasn't the case at some point):

Thanks a lot master!!! 😉

So... I hate to prove @BatiGoal right, but I think I'm leaving Koita behind! 😱  At least for now...

I finished season 4 a couple of weeks ago, but was too busy to write it up at the time. To make things worse, I had a mini-break from FMM at the same time and played some other stuff for a couple of weeks. When I came back to it yesterday, I started season 5, but the enthusiasm had gone. The team is too good, Koita is too good, the rebuilding is done and the long haul is just starting.

Having a break at this point of a save is pretty dangerous. To top it off, I have an idea of something else I want to try and that is much more appealing right now, so I'm going to do that for a while.

Sorry for those wanting to see how this will pan out. I think I'll be back to get Koita over the line (I really want to get him his 1KC), but we'll have to wait and see. This is where we leave him (he has 5 goals in season 5 as well): 

image.png.0c79c93f4832872c537666123b3a8bdc.png

As for what I'm doing next: I'm back developing my app again and want a career where I can actually use that, so I'm doing an open save where I can see real CA/PA and hidden attributes etc. The goal: Win the Champions League in 5 seasons with Blackburn Rovers, only using players with PA of 150 or less. I actually think PA150 is too high and I'll do it easily, but wasn't quite game to go with PA140. Might do that in future sometime if this does indeed prove to be easy. 

I'm not sure yet whether I will write it up. I'm a bit time crunched at the moment and also I'm not sure whether people will want to read that sort of thing or not.

Anyway, thanks for reading this career and hope to come back to it sometime.

Fair play mate, Koita is going great but I know the feeling. I tend to start another career when I’m bogged down in a long term save and have a break until the motivation comes back. 
Good luck with the app. 

16 hours ago, Scratch said:

So... I hate to prove @BatiGoal right, but I think I'm leaving Koita behind! 😱  At least for now...

I didn't want to be right about this one, mate. But it happens, same thing happened during my ingame challenge but I pulled thru as these don't take very long to complete. 

Try going for shorter challenges once in a while 😉 

Understand your concern mate. The long saves tend to be taxing on your mind so after doing 2 back to back long saves, I am currently doing the shorter ones. 

Hope you come back to this one day. 

On 10/05/2020 at 01:00, smoggy90 said:

Fair play mate, Koita is going great but I know the feeling. I tend to start another career when I’m bogged down in a long term save and have a break until the motivation comes back. 
Good luck with the app. 

Thanks mate. I think I would have been fine without the break, but that just makes it really hard to get back into when you come back, especially when it's mostly just a procession... Anyway, I've safely stored the backup so I can come back to this at some point.

On 10/05/2020 at 12:32, BatiGoal said:

I didn't want to be right about this one, mate. But it happens, same thing happened during my ingame challenge but I pulled thru as these don't take very long to complete. 

Try going for shorter challenges once in a while 😉 

Haha, yeah, I shouldn't have gone for another 1KC so soon. What a beginner! Anyway, my next save is capped at 5 season max, so I know there is an end coming. Hopefully after that I'll be in a better place for a longer one.

23 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Understand your concern mate. The long saves tend to be taxing on your mind so after doing 2 back to back long saves, I am currently doing the shorter ones. 

Hope you come back to this one day. 

Yeah, I should have done that after finishing my long one, instead of jumping into another one. I really enjoy the first few seasons the most, when you are building up your squad etc. Once they level up to super great, it all gets a bit boring. I'm okay with that when I'm in the swing and focused on the current season, but a break just reminds me that it's really all a bit boring. 

Anyway, I've safely stored this away, so the only question is whether I can face this later! 🙂

This career is officially over. I just needed to use a save file to help someone out with a HEX question and I couldn't use my current career obviously, so I used this old one... But that means I can't continue with this career now (as using the HEX editor is against the rules).

No drama, probably wasn't coming back to it anyway. Sorry Koita. Maybe in 2021... We'll see... 

52 minutes ago, Scratch said:

This career is officially over. I just needed to use a save file to help someone out with a HEX question and I couldn't use my current career obviously, so I used this old one... But that means I can't continue with this career now (as using the HEX editor is against the rules).

No drama, probably wasn't coming back to it anyway. Sorry Koita. Maybe in 2021... We'll see... 

Oh well that’s sad to hear. I can understand you really need to do it.

Edited by broodje kip

@broodje kip @gunnersaur - thanks fellas. I didn't HAVE to use that particular save, but I needed one and it was close at hand. I guess I knew that I was never going to come back to it in FMM20. I've got a 15 to 20 year save that's just started, so very unlikely I'd come back to this. 

Anyway, probably no one was waiting for this to come back LoL, but I thought I should just close it off properly...