Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Controversial Sacking?!!

Ok now I know West Ham don't have the most intelligent chairman or owners and that I've literally dragged that squad to a champions league winners medel and premier league runners up in the previous campaign but is being sacked after losing 1 - 0 to leeds in the top flight at the end of October after an undefeated run since the 14th of August reallly that fair???? I've literally just topped my champions league group too. The only downside I see is that they are sat in 7th but winning would've put them 4th or 3rd. 
Is this a norm for lower table clubs to sack their manager for what would be soft sackings in real life or am I just really unlucky? 

I am baffled

Bit harsh. 

• What's your season's expectations? 
  • Last 8 results that led up to the sacking? 
  • Current wage bill? 
  • Dressing room atmosphere? 

A combination of the above possibly. I'm guessing last season's major successes bumped goal's to unrealistic levels. 

50 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Bit harsh. 

• What's your season's expectations? 
  • Last 8 results that led up to the sacking? 
  • Current wage bill? 
  • Dressing room atmosphere? 

A combination of the above possibly. I'm guessing last season's major successes bumped goal's to unrealistic levels. 

My seasons expectations were to win the league in all fairness however...

The last 8 games were a couple of draws, 5 wins and then finally a 1-0 loss to Leeds United

Because I prefer to graduate from my youth players rather than sign new players my wage bill was rather low with my highest paid players being Felipe Anderson and Max Aarons at 80K a week but the average wage for everyone else being roughly 10K-40K 

The dressing room environment was extremely positive with no fallings out, squad harmony really high and I had a revered reputation

See why I feel bitter about this sacking? 😂

10 hours ago, Gammamammam said:

The only downside I see is that they are sat in 7th but winning would've put them 4th or 3rd.

Your recent results, wage bill and atmosphere seem OK so I'm almost certain it's due to the fact that the board expected another EPL win and you were sitting on 7th place for too long. 

Usually having to win the title one could get way with "just" finishing in the top 4 for CL, or at least being more in the mix throughout the season. But lingering outside those places when expectations are thru the roof can lead to the sack. Not to say it isn't harsh of course when there's only minimal pts difference between those sat above you. But yeah, that's FMM for you. 

Any idea how long, weeks, months, you were sitting outside that Top 4 for? 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Your recent results, wage bill and atmosphere seem OK so I'm almost certain it's due to the fact that the board expected another EPL win and you were sitting on 7th place for too long. 

Usually having to win the title one could get way with "just" finishing in the top 4 for CL, or at least being more in the mix throughout the season. But lingering outside those places when expectations are thru the roof can lead to the sack. Not to say it isn't harsh of course when there's only minimal pts difference between those sat above you. But yeah, that's FMM for you. 

Any idea how long, weeks, months, you were sitting outside that Top 4 for? 

Tbf probably a while, I had lost a couple games at the start of the season which set me back compared to the continous strength of the classic top 6 but I know I had been in and around the european spots. Maybe that's it then 

Still OTT as it's only end Oct early Nov and literally everything to play for. A good old case of giving you zero credit for recent success and "you're only as good as your current league position". Hope SI do something about these impatient boardbobo's. 

yeah they are a bit trigger-happy at times - i took Siena from Serie C to Champions League win and then got sacked after a slow start the next season. but then, it is realistic (OTT but not ridiculous) - the classic example being Claudio Ranieri at Leicester...

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I was sacked while sitting clear at the top of the league as Newcastle United. 

Yeah I said it before you did @samhardy

Some big names in the frame tbf - You can see why they’d want to replace you with Pardew.

A3004EA9-101F-49BA-9DC9-E2253E4B2AAD.thumb.png.9f6bcd7455693757b52716604c349308.png

52 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Some big names in the frame tbf - You can see why they’d want to replace you with Pardew.

A3004EA9-101F-49BA-9DC9-E2253E4B2AAD.thumb.png.9f6bcd7455693757b52716604c349308.png

That still irritates me. 

49 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That still irritates me. 

I remember that 😂 It says "due to the club's poor league position". Clearly, just a generic message since you're top. But at the same time that implies it's the sole factor for sackings otherwise surely it different message would appear such as current form, player conflicts, poor performances overall, because Sam said so, etc. 

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

It’s disturbing when you share the contents of your spank bank in public!