Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Who are the most difficult team to manage?

DanM

Question for you all ... who do you think are the hardest / most difficult team to manage, preferably in the English Premier League and/or Championship?

IDEA - am thinking of starting a new save with a really difficult team, but with a 100% transfer ban. I.e. no signings, no sales, no bringing in frees / expired contracts, no loan signings, no loans out, no contract terminations (inc. staff)!

CONSTRAINTS - the only players allowed are existing ones, youth players & offering contracts to grayed out players. Only way for players to leave is when their contact expires. Only way to get new staff is to promote players into non-playing roles. Something like that.

Should make things much harder. Q: What happens to that star player who demands a transfer? A: he stays until his contract expires. Q: have too many players? A: no new players until their contract expire. Q: what happens when your squad of +30 young academy stars all want +100k/week, and you can’t afford it? A: no player sales, so find a way to manage ... Will change how I manage & build a team. 

I play FMM19, but would be delighted to see any answers for FMM19 or FMM20.

QUESTION - who would be the most difficult teams to do this with? Any suggestions ... ?

Definitely Bolton if you are willing to go a step lower than the Championship. Only team to start with a points deduction in game I think. I find that in the Champ you can take over any team and get promoted with ease so if you want a challenge that isn’t the league to go for.

I would say accrington are harder to manage. I have played with them before the winter patch and it is harder than Bolton. I did not enjoy the save at all.