Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Coaches

I want to play a  3-5-2 or 3-1-4-2 but can't find any coaches to match this formation. I was wondering if the formations that the coach has affects players?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @bayern munich Ar,

Wow - that’s a great question.

I don’t know if your coaches’ preferred formation affects the players, BUT it is something I personally have never considered, and therefore I think / hope it is not important.

Instead I’ve always preferred  coaches who are ‘naturals’, preferably ‘gold’, with a mix of focuses (one attack, one defense, etc) and priority goes to those coaches with a link to the club (e.g. an ex-player).

I’ve never cared about their preferred formation. Sorry this only part-answers your question.

I don’t think your coach/assman preferred formation has any impact on the game tbh. I think it’s a nice feature to have and is good for people that want as much immersion in there save as possible so they feel the club has a “philosophy” but I see no negative/positive effects if you do or don’t pay attention to it.

I have done two long careers so far with one lasting 22 seasons and the other one is into its 8th season now and I haven’t had a single coach that matches my formation. In my first career I was changing formation nearly every season and in the 2nd I’m playing an unusual formation that no coach would have.

Despite this my players have developed well and I have had plenty of players come out of the reserves and make an immediate impact in the first team.

On 04/04/2020 at 04:25, Foxy said:

I don’t think your coach/assman preferred formation has any impact on the game tbh. I think it’s a nice feature to have and is good for people that want as much immersion in there save as possible so they feel the club has a “philosophy” but I see no negative/positive effects if you do or don’t pay attention to it.

I have done two long careers so far with one lasting 22 seasons and the other one is into its 8th season now and I haven’t had a single coach that matches my formation. In my first career I was changing formation nearly every season and in the 2nd I’m playing an unusual formation that no coach would have.

Despite this my players have developed well and I have had plenty of players come out of the reserves and make an immediate impact in the first team.

On 04/04/2020 at 02:11, DanM said:

Hi @bayern munich Ar,

Wow - that’s a great question.

I don’t know if your coaches’ preferred formation affects the players, BUT it is something I personally have never considered, and therefore I think / hope it is not important.

Instead I’ve always preferred  coaches who are ‘naturals’, preferably ‘gold’, with a mix of focuses (one attack, one defense, etc) and priority goes to those coaches with a link to the club (e.g. an ex-player).

I’ve never cared about their preferred formation. Sorry this only part-answers your question.

Thanks