Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ding Dong, Pogba is Gone

Mulambo

So given the lock down I thought I might have a bash at a career I've been wanting to do for a while. As a United fan, I'd like to see how things would have gone this past season if a few key decisions had been made:

1) Bruno bought in the summer

2) Pogba sold and replaced

3) A right sided forward brought in

4) Matic replaced

5) A more attacking style of play, especially against the smaller teams

To add a bit of a challenge I'm planning on playing until Pogba retires and see if United can win more silverware than Pogba in that time

Screenshot_20200410-181457.png

14 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

So much hate on Pogba 😂

Yup, so much talent, such a lack of character. Having said that he did snub City for Madrid (insert relevant Sir Alex quote here) 

So who will step in to fill his boots? Well, I pretty quickly decided who I wanted...but the transfer negotiations dragged on all summer with his club quoting a price and then rejecting it and refusing to negotiate further, repeatedly. So in the last week I finally managed to secure a season long loan with an option to buy for....Fabian Ruiz. A few years younger than Pogba but with greens in a lot of key areas, plenty of room to improve and hopefully a better work rate and attitude than his predecessor. 

Screenshot_20200411-065230.png

Screenshot_20200410-192901.png

Screenshot_20200410-192848.png

Screenshot_20200410-185428.png

Screenshot_20200410-185448.png

15 hours ago, gunnersaur said:

Good luck man ... Some interesting decisions there should be a good challenge

So to skip back in time a little, the first decision was which database to use. I went with the updated winter transfer one so I already had Bruno in the squad and Ighalo. I wanted to keep Ighalo but couldn't live with paying him £240k a week, so tried to sign him permanently hoping he would accept lower wages, he didn't and so was shown the door. Sergio Leon was selected as his replacement, cheap, decent stats with high leadership, which we were lacking and old enough to mentor our younger forwards

Matic was allowed to leave and was replaced with a younger model in Sandro Tonali, not cheap at £30mil but I have faith he will justify his transfer fee in the years to come

I wanted Sancho for the right forward position but was gazumped by City. After repeatedly matching Dortmund's demands and still being rebuffed, City snuck in and bought him for exactly what I had offered. Jadon will not be getting a warm welcome in His first Manchester derby at Old Trafford. So instead I went for Cengiz Under from Roma at less than half the price and retrained Greenwood's position to right winger as a back up.

Jones, Pereira and Lingard were deemed surplus to requirements and allowed to leave which meant we actually made over £100mil and reduced the wage bill (although I have to remember to make Fabian's move permanent £88mil before his loan ends)

I resisted the urge to add further reinforcements to try and keep it fairly realistic and to prepare for further signings in January/the summer as the project to return United to their glory days continues

Screenshot_20200411-183051.png

Screenshot_20200411-183035.png

Screenshot_20200411-183006.png