Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Proven 4-2-2-2

Hi All

Not normally one to show my used Tactics, but I know a couple have reported nothing works, yet I have had no problems both Club and International.

Not going to say it's the best, or that it will bring you instant success, but my career has been successful with all the teams I have managed in all 4 countries, and for those who have seen it can see I have not spent a penny yet won all cups and leagues available.

So the Formation is a 4-2-2-2

2 FB's to help with keeping the goals against (GA) down

1 AP to help provide assists, 1 CM to provide cover all round and provide clear cut passes with the right attributes

2 IF's to cut inside, and help provide either goals or assists

1 Poacher to pick up on missed chances or loose balls, and a CF to provide the finishing touches, Target man and strength in the box

IMG_7772.thumb.PNG.aac71cd7ca3e61d7eee081391dbd46fc.PNG

Shape is an attacking one to keep the opposition in their own half

keeping narrow to try and play better and closer football

tempo I keep fast to try and move the ball quicker hoping to create more chances

and a normal creative freedom to try and keep it as simple as possible

IMG_7773.thumb.PNG.64deac0dbc170ca338c2b56f389f0fd6.PNG

Defensive wise, I try and keep everything balanced with cover all over, as long as you don't have such aggressive defenders you can play with committed on. Don't play the offside rule as I found we conceded to many goals, especially with fast strikers

IMG_7774.thumb.PNG.7371d9dadc2a589bfc06be71cb5349cc.PNG

Attacking is simple, keep it short, pass it all around, try the runs cutting in where possible, and working it into the box for the front 2 strikers

IMG_7775.thumb.PNG.c74822fb0f4fb8ae6b9af7f77610fb9b.PNG

So just so you can see if it works, I have added my latest career where I have started lower league, and we'll rest is history as you will see.

IMG_7776.thumb.PNG.8304f3982a0d26162824a248b1aba78a.PNG

IMG_7777.thumb.PNG.edddf6a0d2105034b92295ab5f10c53b.PNG

Hope. It works, if not, try another 😀

Thank you for sharing :)

did you try ticking on shots on target ? Are you IFs great involved in the game? And no im not doubting your tactic 😉

Do you sometimes change fbs for wbs to get more assists :)?

6 hours ago, Markcoad said:

What match engine please

EME

2 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Thank you for sharing :)

did you try ticking on shots on target ? Are you IFs great involved in the game? And no im not doubting your tactic 😉

Do you sometimes change fbs for wbs to get more assists :)?

Check out 

every question will be answered

and no i didn’t change anything, same tactic, same formation and same set of instructions throughout my career

16 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi All

Not normally one to show my used Tactics, but I know a couple have reported nothing works, yet I have had no problems both Club and International.

Not going to say it's the best, or that it will bring you instant success, but my career has been successful with all the teams I have managed in all 4 countries, and for those who have seen it can see I have not spent a penny yet won all cups and leagues available.

So the Formation is a 4-2-2-2

2 FB's to help with keeping the goals against (GA) down

1 AP to help provide assists, 1 CM to provide cover all round and provide clear cut passes with the right attributes

2 IF's to cut inside, and help provide either goals or assists

1 Poacher to pick up on missed chances or loose balls, and a CF to provide the finishing touches, Target man and strength in the box

IMG_7772.thumb.PNG.aac71cd7ca3e61d7eee081391dbd46fc.PNG

Shape is an attacking one to keep the opposition in their own half

keeping narrow to try and play better and closer football

tempo I keep fast to try and move the ball quicker hoping to create more chances

and a normal creative freedom to try and keep it as simple as possible

IMG_7773.thumb.PNG.64deac0dbc170ca338c2b56f389f0fd6.PNG

Defensive wise, I try and keep everything balanced with cover all over, as long as you don't have such aggressive defenders you can play with committed on. Don't play the offside rule as I found we conceded to many goals, especially with fast strikers

IMG_7774.thumb.PNG.7371d9dadc2a589bfc06be71cb5349cc.PNG

Attacking is simple, keep it short, pass it all around, try the runs cutting in where possible, and working it into the box for the front 2 strikers

IMG_7775.thumb.PNG.c74822fb0f4fb8ae6b9af7f77610fb9b.PNG

So just so you can see if it works, I have added my latest career where I have started lower league, and we'll rest is history as you will see.

IMG_7776.thumb.PNG.8304f3982a0d26162824a248b1aba78a.PNG

IMG_7777.thumb.PNG.edddf6a0d2105034b92295ab5f10c53b.PNG

Hope. It works, if not, try another 😀

Your career thread was great I loved following that. Good of you to share any tactic mate.

There are lots of tactics that still work but too many people on here can't be bothered to either make one for themselves or put any time into trying anything out for themselves if they don't get instant success. So often I see the questions "does it work on the new update?" and "do you have to change anything?". A lot of people just want plug and play then just rush through season after season and that's just pointless to me but each to their own ha ha.

Keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Your career thread was great I loved following that. Good of you to share any tactic mate.

There are lots of tactics that still work but too many people on here can't be bothered to either make one for themselves or put any time into trying anything out for themselves if they don't get instant success. So often I see the questions "does it work on the new update?" and "do you have to change anything?". A lot of people just want plug and play then just rush through season after season and that's just pointless to me but each to their own ha ha.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate, I'm not trying to say it's the best and it will work for everyone, but as you can see in my career, I've done alright with it winning everything, not each season after season like others shout about, glad you enjoyed the career

51 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Thanks mate, I'm not trying to say it's the best and it will work for everyone, but as you can see in my career, I've done alright with it winning everything, not each season after season like others shout about, glad you enjoyed the career

Wasn't a dig at you at all. Was just pointing out others that don't take the time to make something themselves and want it done for them, even when there are tested tactics here clearly available. It doesn't work after four games and they start asking questions. It's not everyone because some genuinely struggle and want help, which is cool and you can tell who they are and I and others are happy to help if we can. You've built something up and clearly put time and effort into it and that's to be applauded in my book 👏

6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Wasn't a dig at you at all. Was just pointing out others that don't take the time to make something themselves and want it done for them, even when there are tested tactics here clearly available. It doesn't work after four games and they start asking questions. It's not everyone because some genuinely struggle and want help, which is cool and you can tell who they are and I and others are happy to help if we can. You've built something up and clearly put time and effort into it and that's to be applauded in my book 👏

Could it be that the ones that ask questions did read the thread and just are trying to evolve their own game and learn new things? I personally ask in alot of tactics threads - to learn more about the game and why others do choose the things they do 😜

Hi @Schwantz34 & @AndersJ thanks for all your questions and comments, there is no thoughts of anyone having a dig at me, sometimes these messages get taken the wrong way, I'm glad you guys have taken the time you read my thoughts on a good tactic that I know works, and I hope you get it to work for you if you need a 2 striker formation, i would simply add people can by all means use it if it works for them, I'm happy to help, it's all good

5 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Could it be that the ones that ask questions did read the thread and just are trying to evolve their own game and learn new things? I personally ask in alot of tactics threads - to learn more about the game and why others do choose the things they do 😜

As I said in the posts you can tell the genuine ones from the people that want it all done for them. I know why you personally ask your questions don't worry ha ha.

5 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

As I said in the posts you can tell the genuine ones from the people that want it all done for them. I know why you personally ask your questions don't worry ha ha.

Personally I don't like making tactics, but as you said there are some pretty solid ones on here. Currently I'm using 4 "plug and play" tactics, but I don't expect instant success. It's just 4 formations which I choose one from depending on players I have, players I can get and if I'm a bigger club or a smaller club.

Sometimes I tinker with my own formation, like in my challenge but usually I just plug away. I like testing tactics however..

57 minutes ago, Dagion said:

Personally I don't like making tactics, but as you said there are some pretty solid ones on here. Currently I'm using 4 "plug and play" tactics, but I don't expect instant success. It's just 4 formations which I choose one from depending on players I have, players I can get and if I'm a bigger club or a smaller club.

Sometimes I tinker with my own formation, like in my challenge but usually I just plug away. I like testing tactics however..

I test a lot of stuff as well, along with making some of my own, which can be found on here. I think people just need to grasp that you do need to put at least some small time into tactics, whether it's shaping your squad to fit what you want to do or picking a team that has the characteristics and then taking it on further, or tinkering with a setup to get the best from your squad.The days of it just being where you could sim through 10 seasons and win everything are going away now, which is a good thing. Besides, to me that way of playing is boring but each to their own. Nothing wrong with trying other people's tactics out as long as people get that you will still need to do some things for yourself, instead of just saying it doesn't work the second they suffer a loss. Why didn't it work? Was your squad not good enough? Would a tweak have prevented the loss? There's a lot to be gained from enjoying the intricacies of the game I feel.

7 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

I have yes, and it still worked well

Thanks.can I use normal tackle instead of committed? 

2 hours ago, suman said:

Thanks.can I use normal tackle instead of committed? 

Mate you can do what you want with it, I shared it to give you another alternative tactic to maybe use, what you doing with it is entirely up to the individual 

Let me know how you get on maybe

2 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Mate you can do what you want with it, I shared it to give you another alternative tactic to maybe use, what you doing with it is entirely up to the individual 

Let me know how you get on maybe

Thanks bro.. My 1st season in charge with home grown players only.still 7 games to play.opted out from UCL group stage.we had Barca Chelsea Dortmund in group still managed to win 2 , draw 2 ,lost 2 matches . Next season will be better I think as my young players will improve. I will only play with home grown talents and sell them to big clubs 🙂

Screenshot_2020-04-15-12-53-58-41.png

Edited by suman
17 minutes ago, suman said:

Thanks bro.. My 1st season in charge with home grown players only.still 7 games to play.opted out from UCL group stage.we had Barca Chelsea Dortmund in group still managed to win 2 , draw 2 ,lost 2 matches . Next season will be better I think as my young players will improve. I will only play with home grown talents and sell them to big clubs 🙂

Glad it works for you @suman, and I guess as mentioned that is with the Winter Update. your seasons will get better and better as your team matures more, and believe me when I say there are massive bargains if you look hard to help booster your team even more, thanks for sharing, look forward to see your career if you eventually post it...

10 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Glad it works for you @suman, and I guess as mentioned that is with the Winter Update. your seasons will get better and better as your team matures more, and believe me when I say there are massive bargains if you look hard to help booster your team even more, thanks for sharing, look forward to see your career if you eventually post it...

Yes I will post my career updates here. @Cockers2505 .works fine after winter update 🙂

3 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

First season completed. Won league and Dutch cup. Golden boot, top scorer, assists all are dominated by my players 🙂  @Cockers2505

Screenshot_2020-04-15-16-20-32-03.png

Screenshot_2020-04-15-16-20-17-97.png

Screenshot_2020-04-15-16-07-42-33.png

Screenshot_2020-04-15-16-07-33-24.png

Screenshot_2020-04-15-16-07-00-34.png

Screenshot_2020-04-15-15-15-21-81.png

Edited by suman

Won the Bundelsiga with it, using a not very strong side in comparison to other squads in the division;

nDLy9nn.jpg

MZWbSJm.jpg

BhLjUBD.jpg

Goals

Sh1Nn0n.jpg

Assists

P3bxm0c.jpg

Games

44fId1i.jpg

qhymvCa.jpg

wPCLbfy.jpg

wPCLbfy.jpg

I also won awards for Manager of the year + German Players Manager of the year, Emil Hansson won German footballer of the year, Bruno Petkovic was second and Mykola Shaparenko was third making it a Hannover clean sweep there, Petkovic was also Bundeliga top scorer with 26 league goals as well as Players Player of the year with Emil Hansson and Jack Clarke second & third making it another clean sweep, Allan Saint-Maximin won Euro Cup Player of the season and six of my players were in the team of the year. Impressive season haul!

Edited by Schwantz34
1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

I also won awards for Manager of the year + German Players Manager of the year, Emil Hansson won German footballer of the year, Bruno Petkovic was second and Mykola Shaparenko was third making it a Hannover clean sweep there, Petkovic was also Bundeliga top scorer with 26 league goals as well as Players Player of the year with Emil Hansson and Jack Clarke second & third making it another clean sweep, Allan Saint-Maximin won Euro Cup Player of the season and six of my players were in the team of the year. Impressive season haul!

so a good season then, well done mate, I guess as @suman has stated above, it still works even with the Winter update, which I did report.

Glad it work for you, and as you can see in my career, it gets better as your team improve, so I found anyway. 

3 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

so a good season then, well done mate, I guess as @suman has stated above, it still works even with the Winter update, which I did report.

Glad it work for you, and as you can see in my career, it gets better as your team improve, so I found anyway. 

My test was also with the latest version.

Going to further improve the team and see what happens next season. Need a poacher as both mine were loans, and a right inside forward as both of those were loans as well. Maybe another midfielder and a right back will push it on to the next level. Impressive debut season with it though. I used a different tactic the first season.

@Cockers2505 At some point I will definitely be giving this a go - probably with Villa (Side note - did you play any on that save or just purpose for screenshots?)

Followed your career thread and loved every minute of it so giving this tactic a go is a no brainer. 

I understand many people who do 'long term' careers dont usually share their tactics afterwards, so thank you for doing so. 

1 hour ago, Jsavfc said:

@Cockers2505 At some point I will definitely be giving this a go - probably with Villa (Side note - did you play any on that save or just purpose for screenshots?)

Followed your career thread and loved every minute of it so giving this tactic a go is a no brainer. 

I understand many people who do 'long term' careers dont usually share their tactics afterwards, so thank you for doing so. 

Thanks mate, and no sadly I used it just for Screenshot purposes, but not that I have any problems with Villa, been to the Villa matches quite a few times over the last 4 or 5 seasons, cheekily due to Ticket For Troops, so was a good place to watch some top teams, including popping to Wembley to watch them.

17 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

My test was also with the latest version.

Going to further improve the team and see what happens next season. Need a poacher as both mine were loans, and a right inside forward as both of those were loans as well. Maybe another midfielder and a right back will push it on to the next level. Impressive debut season with it though. I used a different tactic the first season.

Glad it is working for you, in my career, as the season's went by, and the players improved, the Tactic worked even better, allowed for plenty of goals, and kept the GA down as well.

6 minutes ago, supersub said:

Bro.. whats basic tactic you make this one? 442, 4222 or 424 ? And your manager style train to attacking or general or just leave it. Thx

I don't understand the first part, in the screenshots it is 4-2-2-2 is it not?

And training I always use intensive (red) and set then a different role every 4 or five weeks, so even though I play CD, I will set them as BPD for a few weeks, and the strikers as target or even AP even though I play with a P and CF