Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The One Season Defenderless Challenge

The Defenderless Challenge

42DE186D-BE7C-4459-923C-0498404031AF.jpeg.8cbab32565c0bd883ac6851a7d63b7bb.jpeg

The Strikerless challenge has been around for a couple of years now and has always proved popular so I decided it was about time it went the other way and we got rid of the defenders.

This is a one season challenge and really intended as a bit of fun to see how well or not anyone can do if they take the challenge on.

The Challenge

Club Choice: You may manage any team in any league/division that you want.

Transfers Out: You must sell every defender in the squad before the start of the season. So that is any player that is dark or light green in the following positions on the pitch RB, LB or CB. Other than that you may sell whoever else you wish in the squad.

Transfers In: You may buy whoever you wish but you must not buy any player who is either dark or light green in the defender roles.

Tactic: You may not use any players in the defender strata of the pitch at any point during the season so that is in the RB, LB or CB positions. The rest of the team may be laid out how you see best.

Points: Your points will be your goal difference at the end of the season in all competitions. If you are sacked you may still submit a score for the leaderboard but anyone who finishes a season will go above you even if there GD is worse.

Evidence: You will need to provide screenshots of your transfers in and out to prove you sold and didn’t buy any defenders as well as your formation you used and your manager profile to show your goal difference for the leaderboard. The best thing to do is to start a career thread on here so we can follow your progress.

Rules: The usual rules apply of no editing, standard DB of either November or February, no unlockables and no reloading.

You must also do this challenge on a new save and in the first season so that it remains a level playing field for everyone who attempts it.

Leaderboard

Any questions then please ask.

Good luck.

52 minutes ago, gunnersaur said:

That's one tough  challenge... I was trying to make a tactic with no defenders and got smashed 6-2 safe to say haven't tried it since

It will definitely take a special kind of maniac to try this one so I fully expect @BatiGoal to post his attempt very soon.

6 minutes ago, Foxy said:

It will definitely take a special kind of maniac to try this one so I fully expect @BatiGoal to post his attempt very soon.

😂😂😂 Knowing him he already had one going 

lol I remember having a go with something like this in last year save, just for few matches though. score's ending over 5 goals per match.

27 minutes ago, Rob said:

take it your score so far is +5?

Yes my current score would be +5 and I i was sacked at this point that would be my leaderboard score with a (sacked) next to it. If someone else finished a season they would be above my attempt whatever they score as the biggest goal is to finish the season.

That Man City game was just to test the concept and some tactical stuff really as I have other teams in mind when I come to do the challenge.

7 minutes ago, Foxy said:

That Man City game was just to test the concept and some tactical stuff really

No, it wasn't. You got sacked hard! 

Half way through a season in my attempt. Some hilariously bizarre things happen. 27 shots on target; they have 5. We lost 2-1. 🤣🤣🤣