Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Help needed to avoid mental breakdown!

Hi, im a long term addict of fm, and in the last 3 seasons fm mobile, I usually take a season to settle on formations, tactics etc then dominate. However I just cant get a grip on this years, its driving me mad. Ill list my problems, and my team, tactics and staff, if anyone can help id be much obliged! 

Im Manchester United btw.

Problems

1. Goalkeeper is constantly underperforming (De Gea, Henderson & Martin all used) 

2. Injury hit badly

3. Goal scoring is a big problem

4. Tendency to concede late equalisers (9 games I drew after a 85+)

Screenshot_20200415-160010.png

Screenshot_20200415-155956.png

Screenshot_20200415-155950.png

Screenshot_20200415-155943.png

Screenshot_20200415-155932.png

Screenshot_20200415-155920.png

Screenshot_20200415-155910.png

Screenshot_20200415-155858.png

Screenshot_20200415-155849.png

Screenshot_20200415-155843.png

Screenshot_20200415-160351.png

Screenshot_20200415-160359.png

Well, don't take it too seriously boss, it's just a game. Remember Man Utd suck, really badly.

Otherwise, your tactics might just have a lot going on, a bit busy. Early Crosses and Shoot on Sight mean you're giving the ball back to the opposition a lot? Passing through the Centre and playing Narrow sounds like it could get crowded. High defensive line - are all your defenders pacy?

Injuries happen, so the squad's got to be robust enough to deal with it.

I'd look at the Negatives after a few matches and think about how to eliminate them. And keep upgrading the weakest member of your team (or squad) as appropriate...

Let us know how you get on 👍

Pretty sure the tactic are the main causes pf that late goals. Players will seems to be tired later in the game so passing throughout the middle with high defensive line are very risky especially when opposition got a pacy substitute striker

Yeah, keep upgrading your squad (though I see you've gotten in some excellent youngsters). I find that after a few seasons the youngsters I've developed are better than any of the big stars - but you've got to play them to develop them and the first couple of seasons of that can be inconsistent while they develop. After a few seasons though you end up with a squad that can rarely be beat no matter what tactics you play.

Goalies are hard in this version. I never know which ones will develop nicely and which won't. That said, I find most goalies do okay once the defence is super solid! 😄 So keep levelling up your defenders, make sure they have plenty of Pace, Positioning and Decisions. Tackling is important too, but I focus on Pace and Positioning first and foremost. Even with that, I've never had any luck with the offside trap, so I'd ditch that.

I've always found the 4 3 2 1 or 4 1 2 2 1 pretty good - though I'd probably go with Short, Run With The Ball and Work into Box - that's always been a good combination for me. 

Anyway, good luck!

Well I just managed a second season treble, but honestly it was more the other teams being bad than me being good, I think ive over recruited tbh, cant decide on my best 11, if I post my squad could you give me your opinion i.e. formation/starters? Usually the team and individual player reports from the coaches make this easy for me, but I have had quite a few occurrences of a players max potential being 4 stars one week then current ability is 5 star the next!

Screenshot_20200416-125709.png

Screenshot_20200416-125703.png

Screenshot_20200416-125646.png

Have you thought of having two squads?

Usually i have two and switch depending on the game. 

First team = important league games/later stages of europe/cups

Second team = Lower teams in the league/early cup. 

Say for example the league is won by mid March - Play Second team in the league, first team in cups etc. 

Should be a good way to get squad rotation. 

Its usually the way I go, but I cant even decide on my first team nevermind seperate into 2 teams! On last years game 4 1 2 3 (2 fb 2 bpd dlp 2 bbm 2 t cf) worked universally, but I have had no luck with bbm or treqs on this years, its frustrating as I usually settle on a formation, and my squad is literally made up of 2 players for each position. But as I haven't settled on a formation Im constantly looking for new players, which is affecting the results itself I think. I think for now im going to play safe with 4231, but get in 3 fitness coaches to develop fitness throughout the squad, and experiment against the poor teams

If you cant decide yourself, let your ass.manager do it? Just clear squad, then pick squad. 

In theory should select best players for each position. If you dont like any of the choices - change them then you know you want them in the first team etc. 

Another way, any one under the age of say 21 is in B team, untill they hit a certain value/stat point. 

3 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

If you cant decide yourself, let your ass.manager do it? Just clear squad, then pick squad. 

In theory should select best players for each position. If you dont like any of the choices - change them then you know you want them in the first team etc. 

Another way, any one under the age of say 21 is in B team, untill they hit a certain value/stat point. 

The average age of my squad is  22, no one older than 28, I wont keep players past that age, they dont improve, their.value starts decreasing but their wages go up. Waste of funds! I don't fully trust my staff tbh, like I mentioned earlier their ratings of the players current and potential ability fluctuates so wildly in such small time frames. Im winning ugly but consistently with 4231, so going to get through this season whilst training the players for next seasons gameplan