Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career zila90 is trying to Turn the Balearic Islands into Blue

zila90

mallorcaintoblue.png

Turn the Balearic Islands into Blue

My plan for the spring holidays this year was the trip to Mallorca, the largest island in the Balearic Islands. But with Coronavirus spread
this plan isn't feasible this year. So with all that frustration, I started to look for the pictures of Mallorca to get at least a bit of consolidation.
And as a football fan, I was checking also for football clubs on Balearic Islands. 

The first club that came to my mind is, of course, RCD Mallorca, the club with a rich history in Spain and also European competitions.
They won the Copa Del Rey in 2002/03 (in seasons 1990–91, 1997–98 they were runner-up), Spain Supercup in 1998 (runner-up in 2003),
they played in Champions League group stage in 2001/02 and they nearly won the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1998/99 (Lazio won 2-1).
Their best La Liga position was 3rd place which isn't bad either. During the most successful period was an important part of the team
also Samuel Eto'o (he's still club's best scorer).

I searched the Youtube for some old videos about the good times in RCD Mallorca and I run onto a video about Mallorcan Derby between
RCD Mallorca and a minnow called Atlético Baleares. A few seasons back, A. Baleares played in the fifth tier. They were kicked out of their ground
because of the poor condition of the stadium, they even nearly went out of business. But so-called Los Balearicos, have survived and currently
they are playing in the third tier of Spanish football. The video was made two seasons ago when both of the Mallorca teams competed in the
same division. RCD Mallorca's back-to-back promotion sees them again competing in La Liga, while the A. Baleares remain to work their
socks off in the 2aB - Group 1.

As I watched this video (btw. here's the link) an idea came to my mind for the career on FM Vibe. So here it goes...
I will take over Atlético Baleares, the blue team from the Balearic Islands and try to surpass the achievements of the "red" RCD Mallorca. 

My main career objectives will be:

• Win La Liga
  • Win 2 Copa Del Reys
  • Win 2 Spanish Supercups
  • Win at least one European Cup (CL is the main target)
  • Have bigger stadium than RCD Mallorca
  • Sign Cameroonian striker and have him score more than 70 goals in 5 consecutive seasons (the number of Eto'o at RCD Mallorca)
  • Have a home-grown player play more than 255 games (the number of Miguel Ángel Nadal for RCD Mallorca)
  • Have a win with 6+ goal margin (7–1 v Recreativo de Huelva for RCD Mallorca)
  • Get at least 70 goals in 1st Division season (69 for RCD Mallorca)

So the fight between the fire (RCD Mallorca as they have red shirts) and ice (A. Baleares with blue shirts) has started now!

Spoiler

baleareszila90apointment.png

Thanks you for the views and all comments welcome.

Edited by zila90

After a few months off from the FMM20 I finally have some more time to dig into this save and continue my story at Balearic islands.

Season One (2019/2020)

After I checked the team I found that the team is really short, therefore I started to search for new players able to bring some depth, quality, and potential for development, and to be able to play also in the Second División. The 5 new players in the first team were:

Spoiler

1seasontransfer-stefanot.jpg

1seasontransfer-millenba.jpg

1seasontransfer-leonardo.jpg

1seasontransfer-tonicorr.jpg

1seasontransfer-diegofer.jpg

We finished the league comfortably on the 1st position with 8 points margin from the 2nd place. The 1st place secured us the promotion to Second Division.

1seasontable.jpg

In the 2nd Round of the Spanish Cup, we prepared genuine surprise beating the mighty team of Sevilla.
Unfortunately, the fairytale ended in the 3rd Round against Barcelona:

Spoiler

1seasoncup.jpg

1seasontransfercup2ndrnd.jpg

The season's best players:

Spoiler

1seasonbestplayers.jpg

Our rivals ended the season in the 15th position which secured them another season in La Liga. So we will need to wait for the next league Derby of Mallorca at least one season more.

Spoiler

1seasonmallorca.jpg

The first obstacle is passed. Now we need to focus on the Second Division and further development of the team and club in general. Vamos Balearicos!

Career Objectives:

• Win La Liga 
  • Win 2 Copa Del Reys 
  • Win at least one European Cup (CL is the main target) 
  • Sign Cameroonian striker and have him score more than 70 goals in 5 consecutive seasons (the number of Eto'o at RCD Mallorca)
  • Have a home-grown player play more than 255 games (the number of Miguel Ángel Nadal for RCD Mallorca) 
  • Have a win with 6+ goal margin (7–1 v Recreativo de Huelva for Mallorca) 
  • Get at least 70 goals in 1st Division season (69 for RCD Mallorca) 
Edited by zila90

Season Two (2020/2021)

Before the start of the season I wanted to bring in some young players capable of playing also in the top tier of Spanish football. Although we had a limited budget I think we have done fairly well on the transfer market with a few players coming in also as a free transfer.

Spoiler

2seasontransfers.jpg

We finished the season in the 2nd place, right after Osasuna. We had the best attack in the league but defensively we have some space to improve. Final 2nd place secured us the promotion to La Liga.

2seasontable.jpg

The cup run was exceptional and nobody expected such results from our team. Heck, they surprised even me. We beat Eldense, Fuenlabrada, Almera, Zaragoza and S. Gijón before we lost in the semi final against Barcelona. The first leg ended with the result 0:0 and we were superior team on the pitch and very unlucky not to score. Unfortunately, we didn't perform so well in the second leg and lost 5:1. Nevertheless, this is a nice result.

Spoiler

2seasoncupsemifinal2.jpg

The season's top performers and goalscorers:

Spoiler

2seasonbestplayers.jpg

2seasontopgoalscorers.jpg

Our rivals ended the season in 19th place in La Liga so we will be the biggest club on the Balearic Island in the next season. I'm happy that they got relegated but on the other hand, I feel sorry that we won't play Derby of Mallorca in La Liga.

Spoiler

2seasonmallorcaleaguepos.jpg

In the next season, we will play in La Liga. Until now I didn't finish any of the career objectives but I feel that our best time is yet to come. I will try to bring in a few fresh faces and improve our facilities. I keep my fingers crossed that I will find one good Cameroonian to emulate the Eto'o career from RCD Mallorca and surpass his achievements. Vamos Balearicos!

Career Objectives:

• Win La Liga 
  • Win 2 Copa Del Reys 
  • Win at least one European Cup (CL is the main target) 
  • Sign Cameroonian striker and have him score more than 70 goals in 5 consecutive seasons (the number of Eto'o at RCD Mallorca)
  • Have a home-grown player play more than 255 games (the number of Miguel Ángel Nadal for RCD Mallorca) 
  • Have a win with 6+ goal margin (7–1 v Recreativo de Huelva for Mallorca) 
  • Get at least 70 goals in 1st Division season (69 for RCD Mallorca)