Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 3-3-2-2 Conte way

Hello everyone.

Im not posting tactic first time . My first tactic failed, i know. Some of the guys saw tactic and didnt even try to help me to learn something. Im still open for some suggestions. I have one month experience and i think that i learned something, not everything. And in this post i will critise my first tactic which was about Conte. Fact that noone didnt create Conte tactic gave me motivation. I wanted to be as closer to Conte. So lets start.

First i want to talk about italian way of playing football. Italian way of playing football is defensive, disciplined and tactical. They are waiting for one mistake which they convert into victory. Main players in Italian teams are central defenders( Chielini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Nesta, Maldini ...). So the hardest league for attackers was Serie A. Antonio Conte tactics is closest to that style. Lets describe it in terms of football manager mobile:

1) Conte teams are disciplined, so creative freedom should be set to discipline, not balanced which i did in first attempt.

2) Conte teams defends narrowly. So width should be set to narrow.

3) Conte teams will not play with high defensive line, as i set it before. Rather they will go balanced or even deeper. I set that to balanced, because i found that deep line is way to passive.

4) Conte teams will shoot ball and they will not attempt dribbles like i set before. So i picked through balls and shoot on sight.

5) Conte teams will not press oponent like Klopp and Guardiola or in Italian terms like Gasperini. They will sit back. 

6) Conte teams are not playing short like Guardiola teams. I will return to this point later.

7) Conte teams are attacking patiently, so tempo is set to slow. His teams will attack in center. So passing focus should be center. And his goalies are playing short.

So as we see, many things came by default, when you mention Conte. Things what i still need to decide is team mentality, tackling, do we go with early/overlap and passing style.

But lets first discuss formation. It is 3-3-2-2. 

1) Goalkeepers is goalkeeper not much to be smart.

2) Question is how to represent 3 in back line. Lets take a look of Chiellini/Bonucci/Barzagli, or Cahill/Luiz/Azpilicueta, or Skriniar/De Vrij/Godin. So middle stoper is actually bpd or libero. I went with bpd.  Other guys are central defenders. I dislike option of having three bpd-s, because they will not keep formation in defending.

3) We must have Pirlo, Brozovic role. They are dlp. Thats also set by default.

4) Conte likes one big guy in attack, and one small guy. Something like Lukaku/Lautaro, Vucinic/Giovinco. So i set combination of target man/poacher. 

5) Midfield was my biggest problem. So i decided to go both box to box midfielders. Its because they will go into attack when we have ball, they will protect left or right side agains for example 4-4-2 formation. Also one of them will go higher and press guy with ball. Im not really satisfied with that choice. I would rather like to represent Sensi role in Inter. If anyone has any better idea, please tell me.

6) Other big problem is should i go with wing back or defensive winger. For example defensive winger goes up when our team has ball, but in defense dosent create 5 man line, like Conte wing back does. So i decided to go with normal wing-back. But problem is that wing-back will not go up when we have ball. So i found that wing backs becomes Conte wing backs when you choose option look for overlap. So yes wing backs are now your main players. Whole system is falling down if you dont have great wing back. 

So in the last two things i went with mixed passing and cautious tackling. Mixed passing, because you will lose ball too much. And cautious tackling, because you are agressive defending team, and you will get way too many red cards. And of course attacking mentality, because you have way to defensive formation, and with that players will tend to press, not just sitting and waiting.

Uff i wrote down too much. I will post results in the comment below. 

Thats all. Hopefully that this tactic will not be disaster like my first one. 

93622229_328028974832986_3358757669211996160_n.jpg

93674905_859719447881808_6693902974030184448_n.jpg

93763346_2826840460704068_3465814895910453248_n.jpg

21 minutes ago, Titjes said:

I almost use the exact same formation & roles for something I'm testing out 😀

My instructions are totally different though 😅

You can share it if you want. I wanted to be more like Conte. 

55 minutes ago, uuupppsss said:

You can share it if you want. I wanted to be more like Conte. 

Will maybe share after further testing. My instructions have no link to Conte though 🤣

The explanation og the tactic is good and thanks for sharing. Do you like playing so defensive ? I always aim at scoring more goals than 2 pr game, especially if my team is a good as Inters.

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

Do you like playing so defensive ? I always aim at scoring more goals than 2 pr game, especially if my team is a good as Inters.

Kind yes. Im fan of Barca and Guardiola. But so many guys created all variations of possesion tactics. Everyone will try to win like 5-0,6-0 with big team. I enjoyed to play like that once. I remember game Barca vs Inter when Mourinho kicked Guardiola ass, i was so sad. But than i watched Conte first time on euro 2016 i think. It was weird to me, that system. Defensive system, compact, but still is very effective in attack. I became evil hehe. 

I managed to draw Liverpool on Anfield 1-1 with this system with 25% possesion. I enjoyed so much.  Its so funny. Because your oponent is giving effort for nothing. 

I will try to create even Simeone tactic. I want to all like Conte and also play rugby on football field, possibly win 1-0 in 95 minute.

Edited by uuupppsss

shocked that you moved Lukaku on and Damborio.... and brought in that horrible Cuadrado.... and how on earth did you manage to sell so many to Milan lol

glad you got the tactic working.

22 minutes ago, topline said:

shocked that you moved Lukaku on and Damborio.... and brought in that horrible Cuadrado.... and how on earth did you manage to sell so many to Milan lol

glad you got the tactic working.

Said that i screwed transfers. They made offer, so i accept it. Pinamonti is my pain. He didnt want to accept contract exstension. Cuadrado is actually ok, dambrosio started to decline too much so i sold him. My horrible decision is signing Bakayoko. Long term mistakes was signing Giroud and Vidal. I was just wanted to test tactic with Conte favorite players

Have used this for about half a season in my career and it’s incredible. Solid at the back but scores. Great work

Fun tactic, won italian cup and got 4th in serie a with young & mediocre milan squad. Work great against big teams but somehow struggled against team with contain mentality like spal and verona. Could have got 2nd pos if weird injury storm didnt come and took 1/4 my squad. 

85B23035-3C04-4895-AAA9-71F1AF2A1059.png

7F9EF316-E1B4-4292-9CD1-FDBEC0374B25.png

On 02/06/2020 at 11:23, Rehans said:

Fun tactic, won italian cup and got 4th in serie a with young & mediocre milan squad. Work great against big teams but somehow struggled against team with contain mentality like spal and verona. Could have got 2nd pos if weird injury storm didnt come and took 1/4 my squad. 

85B23035-3C04-4895-AAA9-71F1AF2A1059.png

7F9EF316-E1B4-4292-9CD1-FDBEC0374B25.png

You played with trequartista instead of poacher. Interesting. I think that Target man is one of the esential players for success. How much goals Esposito scored? For me in Inter he was backup. 

On 04/06/2020 at 05:15, uuupppsss said:

You played with trequartista instead of poacher. Interesting. I think that Target man is one of the esential players for success. How much goals Esposito scored? For me in Inter he was backup. 

Yeah the target man is the main scorer. He scored 8 from 16 matches, got him loaned from inter because ibra and leao were out injured. I found trequartista more useful especially with this dude Pecorino from reserves and Wamangituka on loan because i dont have any more striker. I used poacher before with Adam Armstrong, he was really bad got 2 goals from 18 matches then shipped him to leicester in january.

had some great success with this, and even better results by upping the tempo to normal.

Also works having the DLP move up to an AP role if really chasing the game