Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2020: The Final Results

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

How are you all going along?? I am having a horrid time. 😬

Pretty good. Got a good number of 4+ goals win while also concede 3+ in the game. The only thing I do is to make sure I leak alot while keep winning

You will all need to wait until midweek for the results but I thought I would just post a little tease.

Someone who will remain nameless posted this absolutely mesmeric screenshot in amongst there submission.

image.png.8101f2c34afc82664c0ed47c806b49e6.png

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

You will all need to wait until midweek for the results but I thought I would just post a little tease.

Someone who will remain nameless posted this absolutely mesmeric screenshot in amongst there submission.

Wtf is this?!

21 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Good quality goal action going on there 😂

Plenty of records in there for the store I’m sure!

Edited by Ian
Group Stage Challenge 2 Results

When I post a challenge I usually have an idea how most people will approach it and not in a tactical sense but just where they will look to score points etc. I thought that was the case this week and that most people would approach it in a similar way to me.

I was surprised!

The challenge was to be involved in as many high scoring games as possible with your goals scored and goals conceded totals added together and then divided with total games to give a GpG figure which was then X with your league points. So essentially you needed to win games scoring lots of goals but also conceding them as well with the risk coming that you could end up being hammered or if you finished with a -GD your score would be divided.

As with any risk and reward challenge some took more risks than others.

Team of the Week

After getting the top score last week Holland knew a good week could secure there place in the final with a win this week as well and that is what they did.

@BatiGoal and myself followed a similar strategy of trying to score as many as possible and then if needs be taking the odd hammering to try and get our goals scored and goals against as close as possible.

@BatiGoal managed to do just that as he finished with a +4 GD for the season along with an excellent 70points in the league as well. This worked out as a GpG rate of 7.13 and a total score of 499pts.

image.png.582b33d8bbf8fe410171dbb52532310c.png

I didn’t manage to get my GD as close as that and as a result my score came in lower than Bati and that wasn’t helped by the fact that I didn’t get as many league points either.

I did have the highest GpG rate though at 7.7 exactly which gave me a score of 470pts.

image.jpeg.d680bb0f11756d1d3d23c44d0b16b621.jpeg

Team Holland score 969pts and qualify for the final

This means that the other three teams will be fighting it out for one final place and in the case of Team Asia they were fighting to stay in the event as a lowest score of the week again would mean they couldn’t get 2nd place in the group.

Team Asia

@Kanegan performed well in the league with a good haul of 68 points but he may not have taken the risks needed for a huge score. He scored a decent 71 goals in the 30 matches but that came at a cost as he was very solid at the back as well with just 40 conceded.

This came in at a challenge worst GpG total of 3.7 which when x with his league points gave him a total of 252 points scored.

image.png.f07da53bd42db7f24f060a8c30cac26e.png

Anyone who chooses to name themselves after a chicken sandwich is no stranger to taking risks and @broodje kip used that trait to good effect this week. 
He fired in an impressive 102 goals with Annecy but he may look back and think he was a bit too tight at the back as he conceded 68 goals.

This worked out at a rate of 5.66 GpG which gave him a score of 379pts
image.png.27893ed3547a8b986c78d65dcfc86b59.png

Team Asia scored 631pts

Team North East

The Parmo Army took second place last week and if they can manage that again then there fate will be in there own hands next week as a point will see them make the final.

The Statesman @samhardy played the riskiest game this week as he took a couple of hammerings in the first games and then played catch up the rest of the season. That policy only just payed off as well as he finished with a +3 GD but also an impressive 75 league points.

He would probably be the first to admit that he would have liked to score more goals though and that did effect his score. He still posted the third highest of the week though with a GpG rate of 6.1 which helped turn those 75 league points into 458 challenge points.

image.png.7614b7affa402825bfe977adc057de49.png

The performance of Sam put the North East in with a good chance of taking the top score this week but in the end they fell short of that.

No one came closer than @smoggy90 to having his league points divided as he pushed his luck and came in with a +1 GD. That enabled him to maximise his goals scored but with 82 it did effect his score as did only 55 league points as well.

He got a GpG rate of 5.43 which turned his 55pts into 299 challenge points.

image.png.40d39d4ae4904e7ee9707c4d8644ebc4.png

This gives The North East a score of 757pts which is enough to put them above Team Asia but will it be enough to take 2nd place and will England be able to knock out Asia?

Spoiler

Team England

These lads were first to submit this week and neither of them were quite able to take the risks needed to post scores near the top of this weeks efforts.

@Rob had an excellent season in any other situation as he smashed in 99 goals and scored 67 points but his water tight defence ensured that the games weren’t the end to end goal fests that this challenge required.

He had a GpG rate of 4.16 and that gave him a total of 279pts.

image.png.2715b2145a9f0c1e663d05a14ec44fee.png

@Woody got his GD much closer but didn’t score enough goals in total despite a good season in terms of results. This left him with a GpG rate of 4.03 which wasn’t the worst of the week but unfortunately with his league points he did score this weeks lowest score with 242pts.

image.png.aa5e0357b0b10584f37f09eb58aef204.png

This gives England a score of 521pts this week.

The team scores in full.

Holland: 969pts (3pts)

North East: 757pts (2pts)

Asia: 631pts (1pt)

England: 521pts (0pts)

That leaves the group table looking like this as Holland are the first team into the final but all three other teams have a chance of making it as well. The North East could still top the group if they win the third and final challenge but both Asia and England need to win the week as well if they are to stand a chance of making the final.

1375780541_groupstagewk2.thumb.png.5cff872550cec5b9304b3c684c784a8e.png

The Golden Mobile Award

At the moment it is looking like it will be between Bati, myself and Sam for this award but there is still plenty of points to play for. The sandwich had a strong week and will need to do the same next week to give Asia a chance of making the final so he can’t be discounted yet either.

This week’s individual scores.

Spoiler

@BatiGoal: 499pts

@Foxy: 470pts

@samhardy:456pts

@broodje kip: 379pts

@smoggy90: 299pts

@Rob: 279pts

@Kanegan: 252pts

@Woody: 242pts

1337561277_goldenmobilewk3.thumb.png.b0c40e4024d3a10126cee5507cb771d8.png

The next challenge will be out on Thursday morning.

That’ll teach me for not reading the rules properly. I didn’t realise until half way through that it wasn’t goal difference. An early nomination for failure of the year. Baby brain 🤣🤣🤣

Phew, a narrow escape. Well done @broodje kip. I actually had a different calculation formula all throughout where I thought it would be total goals/goals conceded. Absolutely shitfaced from my side. 

On 10/05/2020 at 22:18, Foxy said:

Fess up, who's this? 😂 😂 

When I entered my score I thought perhaps this is the week I get top score, but I've felt that way many many times. And as many times I've found out I got beaten, so I'm glad this week's my week. Doesn't happen to often these days 😎 

Some of the GDs could've been closer for sure, I myself was on GD +23 with 3 games left when I decided to get humiliated at home: 1-24 👍

1 minute ago, Dagion said:

Nice scores! Expected to see some Louhans, they seem to get quite a bit of money in the march database 😀

The squad is quite poor compared to Annecy though. And with only 3 transfer allowed :( 

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Fess up, who's this? 😂 😂

Mine. I threw the first two games, lost 35-2 and 30-0 to give myself a head start on the GPG and leaving a negative GD of 63 I was confident I could overturn in 28 games in such a weak league.

It wasn’t as easy as I thought and going into the last game by GD was -1 meaning I had to win it or score would have been divided. When I lost a game 3-0 in the run in I thought it was over 😂

Thankfully was 3-0 up in the last one after 25mins!

image.png.289886ec6109c2b671076317dcf39843.png

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

The squad is quite poor compared to Annecy though. And with only 3 transfer allowed :( 

Ooh, missed the 3 transfers allowed. 

Interesting challenge that was with the different approaches.

I’ve got money riding on you @BatiGoal for the Golden Mobile award so you’re doing well, keep it up and I’ll collect my money at the end.

Well done all.

17 hours ago, Rob said:

That’ll teach me for not reading the rules properly. I didn’t realise until half way through that it wasn’t goal difference. An early nomination for failure of the year. Baby brain 🤣🤣🤣

quality stuff all around, fellas. i've not been reading everything lately but you got a newbie in the house, @Rob? my second child is one week and three hours old as i write - fun times - i really enjoyed being up from 1:30 to 5:30 last night, you get to see the world in a whole new lightzzzzzzzzzzz....

27 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

quality stuff all around, fellas. i've not been reading everything lately but you got a newbie in the house, @Rob? my second child is one week and three hours old as i write - fun times - i really enjoyed being up from 1:30 to 5:30 last night, you get to see the world in a whole new lightzzzzzzzzzzz....

I did the same thing with you but spending my night to keep on number 3 in world cup

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Yeah, our second child. 3 weeks old. Just madness when coupled with lockdown and having a toddler. Urgh. At least you can play plenty of FMM between those hours 🤣 Hope you are enjoying it and stay safe! 

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Yeah, our second child. 3 weeks old. Just madness when coupled with lockdown and having a toddler. Urgh. At least you can play plenty of FMM between those hours 🤣 Hope you are enjoying it and stay safe! 

Congratulations! Haven't even been able to take the first one out for a couple of months here (without a face-mask, but a toddler ain't wearing a face-mask for long!) - fortunately we have a decent garden so we haven't gone mad. Fun times though. All the best and apologies for thread-hijacking ;)

Group Stage Challenge 3 - Danish Drama and Greek Glory

This weeks challenge will be based on two of the most surprising winners of the European Championships namely the Denmark win in 1992 and the Greek win in 2004.

The Dane’s shouldn’t have even been at the tournament as they had finished 2nd in there qualifying group behind Yugoslavia but with the mounting tensions in the Balkans they were kicked out of the tournament late on. Most of the Danish players were already on holiday after a long club season and had to rush back for the tournament which was held in neighbouring Sweden.

They started the tournament slowly as they first drew 0-0 with England and then lost 1-0 to the hosts Sweden. They went into the final group game knowing they must beat the French to make the semi finals and they did just that 2-1 to set up a match with the Netherlands who were the defending champions. This match was a thriller and went all the way to penalties after a 2-2 draw but the Danes kept there nerve and scored all 5 of there’s with Van Basten missing for the Dutch. This set up a final with the World Champions Germany in a game no one expected the Danes to win, but win it they did 2-0 thanks to goals from John Jensen and Kim Vilfort.

image.thumb.jpeg.72f56757937441abe0434e6f1e7cac62.jpeg

The Greeks went into the 2004 Euros having never won a match at a major tournament before. They were managed by the German Otto Rehhagel who had them well drilled and set up to defend and frustrate teams. They had a tough group with the hosts Portugal who they beat 2-1 in the first match, Spain who they drew with 1-1 and Russia who actually beat them in the final group game and mean they finished 2nd behind Portugal in the group.

This set up a quarter final with the French who had won the 2000 edition and a run of three 1-0 wins for the Greeks as they disposed first with the French and then the Czechs in the semi’s. They then played the hosts Portugal for a 2nd time in the tournament and won the final thanks to a Angelos Charisteas goal.

image.thumb.jpeg.d43d0279c0b7ba9c18b6be186a3ed94a.jpeg

The Challenge

The common factor in both wins was Germans so first the Danish beat the Germans but then a German won the trophy managing the Greeks. For this reason you will all be managing in Germany for this challenge and you will be signing Greeks and Danish players on free transfers.

Club Choice: You have the choice of the three German clubs that are in the Europa League so Borussia Mönchengladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt or Wolfsburg. You must not manage the same team as your team mate though.

Squad Size: You must have a squad of exactly 20 players and that includes GK’s with the squad needing to be assembled by the first league game.

Transfer and Players Rules

• You may only buy Danish and Greek players and they must be signed on free transfers (as in they don’t have a club).
  • You must have an equal number of Danish and Greek players in your squad and that cannot count players already in the team from those nations.
  • The minimum number of Danes and Greeks you can bring in is 4 (two of each nationality) and the maximum is obviously a full squad of 20 (10 of each nationality).
  • If you don’t have a full squad of Danes and Greeks then the rest of the squad must be made up of players already at the club to bring it up to the squad size of 20.
  • Any players already in the squad and not in your 20 man squad must be demoted or sold.
  • You may not sign any other players.
  • All transfers must be done by the first league game and no players can be bought in January.

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie then total points from all the group stage challenges will be used to break the tie.

You will be awarded 3 points for every win in all competitions, 1 point for every draw in all competitions and +/- your GD from matches in all competitions.

Once these have been added up your score will then be multiplied based on the number of Greeks and Danes you brought into the club.

Remember you must have an equal number of Greeks and Danish players, and this is based on the number of them you bring in on free’s and doesn’t include any players already at the club when you took over.

• 4 Greeks and Danes combined - Score is X by 1
  • 6 or 8 Greeks and Danes combined - Score is X by 1.5
  • 10 Greeks and Danes combined - Score is X by 2
  • 12 or 14 Greeks and Danes combined - Score is X by 2.5
  • 16 or 18 Greeks and Danes combined - Score is X by 3
  • 20 Greeks and Danes Combined - Score is X by 4

E.g. If you scored a combined 100pts from your results and GD with 6 Danes and Greeks brought in then your score would be X by 1.5 giving you a challenge score of 150pts.

Rules and Clarifications

• Players bought must have Greek or Danish as there first nationality.
  • The players must be free agents and not at a club.
  • Play the full season.
  • If you are sacked you score 0pts.
  • No unlockables.
  • You may have coaching badge and reputation.
  • Original DB’s only but either Nov or Feb is ok.
  • No editing, reloading or cheating in anyway.
  • Own tactics only.

Screenshots Required

• Transfer history before first league game.
  • Transfer history at the end of the season.
  • Attributes of your highest AvR Greek and Danish players.
  • League table.
  • Squad ordered by nationality before first match of the season.
  • Squad ordered by appearances at the end of the season.
  • Games knocked out/win the cups.
  • Manager profile.
  • Manager history.

Deadline: Wednesday 20th May 2020 @ 11.59pm UK Time

Any questions then please ask and have fun.