Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2020: The Final Results

5 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

My goals will leak like a 50 years old abandoned house’s tap

Team Italy would have knocked this out of the park I guess, maybe ask for some pointers 😉

12 hours ago, Dagion said:

Team Italy would have knocked this out of the park I guess, maybe ask for some pointers 😉

The only pointer would be to try and change your thought process, every one thinks 'attack' 'attack', well it's going to change this time, which is new to most people 🤔

Results sent! 

Nice challenge 👍 found myself a very effective asymmetrical formation with 19 clean sheets. Happy times! 

15 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Results sent! 

Nice challenge 👍 found myself a very effective asymmetrical formation with 19 clean sheets. Happy times! 

Bati ...wake up!! Ya talking gibberish again 😉

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Bati ...wake up!! Ya talking gibberish again 😉

It might be true this time tho 😉 😉 

@Foxy can you confirm whether @BatiGoal has used an asymmetrical system in both rounds so far?

He promised he would for the rest of the year.

Thanks @samhardy, I promise to go asymmetrical for the rest of the year 👍

There should be a punishment if he hasn’t been. Disqualification seems fair.

Results sent. Did brilliantly.

52 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Foxy can you confirm whether @BatiGoal has used an asymmetrical system in both rounds so far?

There should be a punishment if he hasn’t been. Disqualification seems fair.

Results sent. Did brilliantly.

I can confirm that

Spoiler

It’s no fucking business of yours what formation my team mate has used.

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

No idea tbh. My son's been doing the VWC challenges thus far. And looking at the competition, don't think I'll even need to touch the phone at all this year 👍 

20 hours ago, Foxy said:

Thanks to everyone who has submitted.

Just the England lads, @Rob and @Woody left to get me there scores although you still have till 11.59pm on Tuesday.

No trace of these good lads since you posted the challenge, Fox. Have they fled? 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

No trace of these good lads since you posted the challenge, Fox. Have they fled? 

Life is taking over a bit. I will storm through it tomorrow.

17 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't you worry Mr Goal, my fellow Lion and I will be ready in time I assure you. 😉

14 hours ago, Rob said:

Life is taking over a bit. I will storm through it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Don't you worry Mr Goal, my fellow Lion and I will be ready in time I assure you. 😉

☹️

19 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Guess it's difficult to find an assistant at the same level. Well at least for Woody and Rob. 😉

58 minutes ago, Dagion said:

Guess it's difficult to find an assistant at the same level. Well at least for Woody and Rob. 😉

I posted my results on Sunday, Rob is busy working and has a small child to look after so he is getting done as soon as he can. I know he will be done it time. 😊

30 minutes ago, Woody said:

I posted my results on Sunday, Rob is busy working and has a small child to look after so he is getting done as soon as he can. I know he will be done it time. 😊

He should be more like @BatiGoal. Let his kids to do all the work and he just need to submit the scores.

The result could be better than Rob himslef doing it just like what happened to Bati

19 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

He should be more like @BatiGoal. Let his kids to do all the work and he just need to submit the scores.

The result could be better than Rob himslef doing it just like what happened to Bati

😂 😂 100%

Group Stage - Challenge 1 Results

All four teams will have been determined to make a good start to the group stage as although there is still another two challenges to come a top score this week could really help in the quest for a place in the final.

Just as a reminder the team that gets the highest score each week in the group stage will get 3pts then 2pts for the next highest, 1pt for 3rd highest and no points at all for 4th place. 

You were all looking to concede the fewest goals this week in 19 Serie B games using a teenage GK, 3 CB’s and no other signings. With the points system I came up with every goal conceded took a good few points off of your total and it is amazing to see how close some results were compared to the actual points scored.

I will show everyone’s league results but I won’t bother with the GK or tactics so it’s up to you guys if you want to share them after in the chat below.

The Battle to Avoid Fourth Place

I have split the results in two and we will start with the two teams that were trying  to avoid finishing 4th this week which were England and Asia.

England - @Rob

Rob is an absolute beast when it comes to goalscoring challenges but he found the going tough this week in his pursuit of keeping them out the other end. In fact he was the closest to having his league points total reduced because he conceded more than a GpG although in the end he came in at exactly 1 GCpG meaning his points total of 24 in the league was his challenge total as well.

image.png.828b7923df5d09c3344b2ff1014e6def.png

England 24pts so far.

Asia - @Kanegan

Kane is another dab hand at scoring goals but he also faired a bit better than Rob at keeping them out as well as getting results that gave him a good league points total of 37 points.

That was divided by his GCpG of 0.84 to give him a score of 44pts.

image.png.dab0b10c200a8b1eda01e0f515c8666e.png

That means Asia lead England at the half way stage by 20pts.

Asia - @Lord Danish

A good score here could really hammer home the pressure on England but unfortunately Danish struggled as well but he did manage to concede less than games played which means his league points of 26 did get boosted.

He conceded 18 goals which is 0.94 GCpG and scored 26 league points to give him a total score of 27

image.png.342c4b33767a6067e69cc862661fc051.png

This means that with Woody left to submit Asia lead by 47 points over England.

England - @Woody

So far we have seen people struggle and a lead of 47 points looked decent for the Asian pair but Woody really pulled out something special this week as he smashed in a mesmerising top score of the week.

Just the 7 goals conceded at a rate of 0.36 per game and 40 league points gave him a total score of 111pts this week.

image.png.898955f8ddb381544c4168d38cbfe614.png

England - 135 points (1 Group point)

Asia - 71 points (0 Group points)

The Race for First

England weren’t too far away from being in the race for maximum points this week but they fell short in the end meaning it was between Holland and The North East to fight it out.

@samhardy and @BatiGoal went toe to toe this week as they managed Pisa and in the end the only thing that separated these two behemoths of Vibe was 1 goal conceded.

Holland - @BatiGoal

The terror of Thailand actually scored 6 more league points than Woody but he also conceded 4 more goals and in this challenge with the scoring system that makes a very big difference.

In this case a 31 points difference as Bati hit 80 points thanks to a 0.57 GCpG rate and 46 league points.

image.png.ae99d71da0362fd6845eef90b1fa2cd5.png

Holland - 80 points so far

The North East - @samhardy

I said there was only one goal between these two and it went in favour of The Statesman as Sam only conceded 10 goals and scored the same 46 league points.

This shows the difference one goal can make though as Sam had a 0.52 GCpG rate and that gave him 8 points more than Bati with 88.

image.png.c5cb4e25ccd47f5b085cf881b365993c.png

The North East leads Holland by 8 points.

The North East - @smoggy90

Smoggy didn’t quite keep things as tight at the back as his team mate but he still only conceded 12 goals. His league points weren’t as good either although 39 scored is still a good total especially when trying to keep things tight at the back.

He had a GCpG rate of 0.63 and when his league points got divided by that total he scored 61 points.

image.png.f3f9329b45e920c0105acc8cda0b6ef6.png

This gives the North East a lead over Holland of 69 points.

Spoiler

Holland - @Foxy

That means I needed to make sure I scored 70 or more points to ensure we got maximum points this week.

Just like Sam I only conceded 10 goals but I wasn’t able to score as many league points as either Sam or my team mate Bati.

I had a GCpG rate of 0.52 and 44 league points which gave me a total of 84 points scored.

image.png.d4d450e45278e9c052eddcccfc680359.png

That means that Holland take first blood in the group stage and maximum points.

Holland - 164 points (3 Group Points)

The North East - 149 points (2 Group Points)

There is still all to play for though with two more challenges to go but Asia have the most work to do as they are 4th with no points. England will be looking to bounce back and the point this week could prove pivotal for them in the long run whilst both The North East and Holland are in the final spots at the moment but they won’t quite be able to start dreaming of glory just yet.

1356147735_groupstagewk1.thumb.png.d07f205ffc0b7d483f1694face5d8420.png

The Golden Mobile Award 

A huge performance from @Woody this week sees him storm to the top of the individual points table and with a lead of 24 points over Sam. The Asian lads of Danish and Kane have slipped down the table and will be looking to boost both there team and individual hopes in the 2nd challenge.

This week’s individual points

Spoiler

Woody - 111pts

Sam - 88pts

Batigoal - 80pts

Foxy - 84pts

Smoggy - 61pts

Kanegan - 44pts

Lord Danish - 27pts

Rob - 24pts

126849700_goldenmobilewk2.thumb.png.2b4d79a5fd298b69d80f7ec3ab44f64f.png

The next challenge will be out on Thursday.

Thanks for reading.

@Woody is a legend. Sorry for letting you down this week, but you have absolutely nailed it.

@Foxy if we don’t get out of the group, will Woodster still be able to play alongside the other rounds to grab the Golden Mobile?

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

will Woodster still be able to play alongside the other rounds to grab the Golden Mobile?

If the teams that finish 3rd and 4th are all happy to then a 3rd/4th playoff can take place as happened in the inaugural VWC.

Just now, Foxy said:

If the teams that finish 3rd and 4th are all happy to then a 3rd/4th playoff can take place as happened in the inaugural VWC.

Excellent. The guy is a legend.

#imayhaveawoodycrush

#yesididjustwriteahastagonhere