Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2020: The Final Results

Well done @Woody, great score. I honestly thought when I submitted I had the top score this week but you did brilliant.

As everyone knows though 2nd place in the group after the first challenge is unquestionably the best place to be in, @BatiGoal won’t be able to live with the expectations of leading the way in the next challenge therefore everything points towards the North East securing qualification with maybe even a challenge to spare.

27 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Well done @Woody, great score. I honestly thought when I submitted I had the top score this week but you did brilliant.

As everyone knows though 2nd place in the group after the first challenge is unquestionably the best place to be in, @BatiGoal won’t be able to live with the expectations of leading the way in the next challenge therefore everything points towards the North East securing qualification with maybe even a challenge to spare.

Cheers mate, Something in that North Eastern air I think 😉

Edited by Woody

No worries, team Asia will bounce back! Surely Kanegan will already have done the next challenges in some sort of way. Excellent stuff from Woody, true catenaccio style. And, surely someone has to ask for the fellow Vibers; are there any decent goalies we need to sign in our future games? Anyone bothered with 5 at the back? 5-3-2-1 for example?

6 minutes ago, Dagion said:

No worries, team Asia will bounce back! Surely Kanegan will already have done the next challenges in some sort of way. Excellent stuff from Woody, true catenaccio style. And, surely someone has to ask for the fellow Vibers; are there any decent goalies we need to sign in our future games? Anyone bothered with 5 at the back? 5-3-2-1 for example?

I wouldn’t though. 5 at the back is an absolute disaster for me. Ivan Martinez could be a great goalie imo. He’s pretty good if you got £1.8M in the bank buy him. You’re going to have a Jan Oblak in a few years

4 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Man thought we might have done a great score

Wow 4th already?? That was disappointing.  Congrats @Woody on that score. 

And what's with the name change partner?? 

45 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Wow 4th already?? That was disappointing.  Congrats @Woody on that score. 

And what's with the name change partner?? 

Everybody might be hungry. Grab a chicken sandwich

On 03/05/2020 at 22:16, samhardy said:

@Foxy can you confirm whether @BatiGoal has used an asymmetrical system in both rounds so far?

He promised he would for the rest of the year. 

Screenshot_20200502-200825.png

👍 As promised. Not great but it did the job. 

Great write up @Foxy adds to the excitement big time.

And well done @Woody you obliterated the rest of us. Goes to show how big a difference every single goal makes. Very interesting challenge this week for sure. 

Thanks for the comments guys, i'm pretty sure it will never happen again. 😂😂

This is how i set up, i did start off with a flat midfield 4 but as time went on i found it harder to push up so i moved my wingers up one.

Screenshot_2020-05-06-09-18-06.thumb.png.b3974bd8d1dcb668e98725da12425b28.png

The idea was to sacrifice bundles of goals for a '1-0 to the Arsenal' scenario.

After the first challenge the Dutch are sitting at the top of the table but that can soon change after this next challenge so it’s still all to play for.

France 1960

image.jpeg.3a4cf35d1f4acf5ed4e9103584cda2d9.jpeg

The first European Championship was held in 1960 as a four team tournament with games held in Paris and Marseille. The hosts could only finish 4th as they lost first to the USSR and then the 3rd place playoff to Czechoslovakia as the end event was dominated by teams from the “other side” of the Iron Curtain. The Soviets beat Yugoslavia in the final 2-1 after extra time to become the first European champions.

The tournament was also remarkable for the amount of goals scores as the 4 matches averaged 4.25 GpG which is the highest on record. This was inflated by France 4-5 Yugoslavia in the semi finals but two of the other games had 3 goals in them and the 3rd place playoff had 2 so it certainly wasn’t boring.

The most goals averaged since the tournament first expanded in 1980 was the 2000 edition that had a 2.74 GpG average with the lowest being 1980 with a stingy 1.93 GpG.

The Challenge

After last week when you needed to keep it tight at the back this week I am going to let you take the shackles off as you need to be involved in as many high scoring games as possible.

Points: If you have a +GD your score is calculated as such.

At the end of the season your goals scored and conceded (league games only) will be added together then divided by the number of league games played (30) to give the GpG average. Then your league points will be multiplied by your GpG average to give your final points total.

E.G. You score 70 goals and concede 30 whilst scoring 70 league points.

70+30=100

100/30=3.33 GpG

70x3.33= 233.1

This is then round down to 233 points.

If you have a -GD then you go through the same process but instead of your league points being x by your GpG it will be divided.

Team Choice: Player 1 @samhardy @BatiGoal @Rob @Kanegan you may manage any team in the French National 2 Group B.

3E812152-ED5A-42EF-B7C7-72394B0C0556.thumb.jpeg.0debc87fc256f3a4d4f0200b7b512dbd.jpeg

Player 2: @smoggy90 @Foxy @Woody @broodje kip you may mange any team in French National 2 Group D.

F2EB7137-C823-4E7F-BD0B-25CB74246494.thumb.jpeg.f009d20eb2bd1cdadbed4d4b091d885c.jpeg

Transfers: You may buy three players before the start of the season following these rules.

• No loans, the players must be permanent signings for the club either for money or as a free transfer.
  • You may only buy one player who has any green in any strata of the pitch. So basically you cannot sign two players that would be light green in the same horizontal line of the pitch as each other.
  • These three transfers must be done before the season starts.
  • You can sell as many players as you want.

Challenge Length: Play the full league season of 30 games. Cup and playoff games do not count towards the challenge.

Sacked: You must complete the entire season and if you are sacked you score 0 points.

Other Rules: Usual Vibe rules apply of own formations only, no reloading, no editors, standard DB, no holidaying and no cheating in any way.

Screenshots

Transfer history on day of first league game.

Transfer history after the final league game.

Attributes of players bought when purchased.

Attributes of players bought at the end of the season.

League table.

Club general info page.

Your biggest win.

Your biggest defeat (if you have one)

Manager profile.

Deadline: Wednesday 13th May 2020 @ 11.59pm UK Time

Any questions please ask and have fun.

This should be fun to see, there are quite a few nice players to pick up in the lower divisions in France. Think I played a save in a higher division but plenty of players who were solid until I got mid table Ligue 1. 

Would be interesting to see the signings, but I can understand if it's too much work for the write up. Good luck everyone!

11 minutes ago, Dagion said:

This should be fun to see, there are quite a few nice players to pick up in the lower divisions in France. Think I played a save in a higher division but plenty of players who were solid until I got mid table Ligue 1. 

Would be interesting to see the signings, but I can understand if it's too much work for the write up. Good luck everyone!

This true. When I first choose the team everything looks very poor but then I look through the players and really shocks me. They’re doing pretty well now

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

This isn’t playing to my strengths, please come up with a different challenge.

@Foxy deliberately creating a challenge to suit @BatiGoal down to the ground 😕

Corrupt and disgraceful. Resign Foxy. Not fit for purpose.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

🖕🏻

19 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Nah, for sure he’s making it for team Asia

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Clearly, everyone's expecting me to hit a massive score now. Sam's put mountains of pressure on me 👀 

Is this legal? 

10 hours ago, Foxy said:

The eager English have wasted no time this week as both @Rob and @Woody have submitted as has @samhardy

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Why the rush team England? I haven’t even reach January yet

The rush is simply because all three got the sack. 

8 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Why the rush team England? I haven’t even reach January yet

It’s called ‘having a second child during lockdown and having to fit everything in whilst also working from home’.