Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2020: The Final Results

42 minutes ago, Foxy said:

On lockdown mate and choice was limited so beggars can’t be choosers!

Atleast you got something. I am running dry for a fucking 30 days now.

52 minutes ago, Ian said:

Brilliant early submission @Woody, knew you wouldn’t be last at least once.

Hopefully Ashez will put a nice comment in here shortly.

Disappointed I couldn't get it done before Woodstock. Pretty fun challenge I think and I've found the absolute shittiest penalty taker in FMM20. 👍 

56 minutes ago, Ian said:

Some say this VWC is cursed as @Ashez, @Taff, @Nucleus are all former VWC participants who never fully recovered from the stress they endured during the intense battles. Where are they now? Traumatized for life! 

8 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Disappointed I couldn't get it done before Woodstock. Pretty fun challenge I think and I've found the absolute shittiest penalty taker in FMM20. 👍 

Nothing more frustrating than a poor penalty taker on a goal scoring challenge. That one thing alone can be make all the difference especially when using lesser strikers I find.

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Some say this VWC is cursed as @Ashez, @Taff, @Nucleus are all former VWC participants who never fully recovered from the stress they endured during the intense battles. Where are they now? Traumatized for life! 

I’m glad you’ve tagged Ashez in so I can collect my money if he comments.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

If you said that, maybe you should consider using Doku the winger from Belgium

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

More like a horror story. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the box. 

3 hours ago, Ian said:

I’m glad you’ve tagged Ashez in so I can collect my money if he comments.

With Liverpool running the risk of missing out on the first EPL title in 30y, the man's on the verge of a mental breakdown. He's never commenting. 

2 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

If you said that, maybe you should consider using Doku the winger from Belgium

28 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

More like a horror story. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the box. 

He did quite ok for me but out of the 15 or so penalties we got, didn't count em but we can't be far off that number, I seriously can remember scoring 2 only. Even during my Amateur career with nearly 50 amateurs there's no disaster that comes close ffs! 

12 hours ago, Ian said:

Brilliant early submission @Woody, knew you wouldn’t be last at least once.

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

Anything to upset the masses 😂

11 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Probably smashed a high score though eh? 😉

On 25/04/2020 at 16:34, Woody said:

Probably smashed a high score though eh? 😉

I did smash a score but can't tell if it's a high score. Was aiming for 200pts but fell short by a couple. 

10 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Thanks to everyone who has submitted there scores so far.

Just the Italian lads @Cockers2505 @Jsavfc left to submit but you have till Wednesday at 11.59pm to get them to me so still a bit of time :)

It's the VWC curse, I'm telling ya. This competition has taken too many good men already and there's possibly another two names to add to the list. 

👀 

47 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Thanks to everyone who has submitted there scores so far.

Just the Italian lads @Cockers2505 @Jsavfc left to submit but you have till Wednesday at 11.59pm to get them to me so still a bit of time :)

Mine is done, just need to submit. 

Personally think ive got a good score - by my standards but who knows when im up against the Vibe Elite. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I did smash a score but can't tell if it's a high score. Was aiming for 200pts but fell short by a couple. 

It's the VWC curse, I'm telling ya. This competition has taken too many good men already and there's possibly another two names to add to the list. 

👀

Defo beat me then 😉

2 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

Mine is done, just need to submit. 

Personally think ive got a good score - by my standards but who knows when im up against the Vibe Elite. 

Honestly that’s the same feeling I had when submitting. It’s my first VWC very unpredictable 

25 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Honestly that’s the same feeling I had when submitting. It’s my first VWC very unpredictable 

This is my first too. Results just submitted. Hoping its not far below everyone else ha. 

59 minutes ago, Foxy said:

All the scores are in but I’m going to make you all sweat a bit longer as the results won’t be out for at least 24 hours.

That’s not a great news. @BatiGoal already had a party tonight to celebrate his “success”. Looks like it should be cancelled 

1 hour ago, Lord Danish said:

That’s not a great news. @BatiGoal already had a party tonight to celebrate his “success”. Looks like it should be cancelled 

Probably had to do with King's day in the Netherlands 😉

Qualifying Results 

All the results have been in for over 24 hours now so it is time to put you all out of your misery.

It was a straight forward set up for this challenge with no transfers allowed at all so it was just a case of winning as many games as possible and getting goals from your designated striker. It is interesting to see how some people went for straight league results with striker goals a bonus, others seem more focused on the goals and some got stuck in a bit of a middle ground for there points.

Two teams made it through qualifying with very little problem.

Team of the Week: The North East ↗️ 241pts
The Parmo Army set out as they mean to go on with the top score this week.

@smoggy90 was the top points scorer and sits atop of the Golden Mobile Award table as well as he delivered a magnificent 129 points for the team.

This was thanks to 85 league points.

image.png.5e6f6af8e65a5c6cadd31b7d8d32ea67.png

And his striker did the business as well smashing in 44 goals.

image.png.c4adb7d6ab4b26deee4687ef329fc201.png

His team mate @samhardy seemed to be more focused on league points as he clearly hoped he would get himself a good score without the need for his striker doing all the donkey work.

He matched his team mates 85 league points but could only get 27 goals as his striker never really got out of 2nd gear but then he didn’t need to.

image.png.a60e5f354beac49b82d63943c3b72ad5.png

2nd Top Score of the Week: Asia 🇮🇳🇸🇬 226pts

The Asian lads were a little way behind The NE but they did enough to secure a place in the main event starting in a few days. They proved that the combination of youth and experience could take them a long way in this event.

This was @Lord Danish first taste of competitive Vibe action and he didn’t disappoint with a solid 108pts scored. He struggled a bit more in the league as he only came 2nd with 66pts but he made up for that with his striker cracking in 42 goals.

image.png.ebc297b6b7e3ac48479fd619ca237851.png

image.png.0c874383ffa7a8cf0d3a54935841657d.png

@Kanegan is an experienced hand these days at challenges like this and it showed as he recorded the 2nd highest score of the week behind Smoggy. He scored 118pts and this was mostly achieved with 85 league points as just like Sam his striker did ok but not outstanding to score 33 goals.

image.png.1cb3fce4b7578881c6fd4e24a32ae556.png

image.png.c3eea291f3ad9ddf57e377a7b45cfc82.png

Congratulations to both teams and I hope you enjoy the group stage.

That means there are two more places left in the event and three teams looking to fill those spots.

This was looking like it was going to be tight as only two points separated the three teams after there first sets of submissions.

Holland: @BatiGoal 115pts

The Dutch captain came in with the 3rd highest score of the week and the highest score of the three teams fighting for the last two spots. It’s hard to know if Bati found this challenge tough or if he was simply in a low gear but he got 79 league points but struggled a bit more with the striker to only score 36 goals.

image.png.2de90b122266a4bb1d1f89f0d78faaf0.pngimage.png.873e096448ea66075253490270f5119b.png

Italy: @Jsavfc 114pts

The other debutant in this event alongside the Danish Pastry is Villa as he shall be known. He did even better and was only a point behind Bati to really give Italy a fighting chance of getting into the group stage. He managed a good 72 points in the league but it was his striker who impressed with 42 goals.

image.jpeg.c2e06f51d0333f05fdf501e1a1dd7228.jpeg

image.jpeg.c9b1d10ae49b59db072bf28fac0a555f.jpeg

England: @Woody 113pts

If evidence was needed that we are living through crazy times then Woody submitting his score within 24 hours of the challenge being set was definitely it. Not only that he did well and set up a tantalising finish to this qualifying round. His points came thanks to 79 in the league and 34 from his striker.

image.png.009c7c368eb4b1561821d66c16421266.pngimage.png.7d258d78575399b8b9d9da8eb51348fc.png

So that sets up the final three scores which were the lowest this week.

Holland: @Foxy 107pts

It was a slow start to this event by myself and I will need to buck my ideas up in the group stage which this score was enough to get Bati and myself into with the 3rd highest of the week. I won the league but I never really got any form going with either my team or striker and got stuck in a middle ground with neither score being bad but also not great either.

image.png.b0b61cf520542cc14b09b8006a4cfa2c.pngimage.png.5fad4c321d01d7c4b6dfd52c4042ba5c.png

That leaves Rob and Cockers to fight it out for the final spot for there teams.

Italy: @Cockers2505 80 points

In the league Cockers did well and only scored 3 points less than Danish with 63 but he struggled to get a tune out of his striker who only managed 17 goals and really hamstrung his score in the end but this does mean that Italy have an 81 points lead over England so would it be enough.

image.png.3dab152f306850418554df1a2664dcf6.png

image.png.113e30810f126a1a03d390e8c343e6e3.png

England: @Rob?

Spoiler

Rob was the first to submit this week but whether that was a good thing or not is for him to decide.

He did well in the league and scored 75 points meaning 6 or more goals from his striker would be enough but then injuries can happen...

image.png.9c684d3d4d7727d6c151171b498cb8b3.png

Spoiler

In this case though they didn’t and although I’m sure Rob isn’t delighted with the 24 goals Sokol got it was enough to get England into the next round.

image.png.4f0ccad48c43b6c2329b7614e7dbd1ed.png

qualifying.thumb.png.f2c1676360e112294b73008e3e9265bf.png

So it’s commiserations to @Jsavfc and @Cockers2505 who put up a good fight but just fell at the first hurdle.

Golden Mobile

After the first round of matches @smoggy90 has taken an early lead but there is a long way to go and a lot of points to play for so the @BatiGoal, @Kanegan and @samhardy’s of this world will all have an eye on the individual prize.

968643290_goldenmobilewk1.thumb.png.154f4825d5f08e01d5c1c3deefc5ef39.png

Well done to those that got through to the Group Stage and commiserations to the two that didn’t.

The Group Stage will start on Thursday when I post the first of the three challenges.

Thanks for reading.

Unlucky to the Italians....that was too close for comfort.

Loved the challenge @Foxy can't wait to get stuck into the next one, the England boys are just warming up 😉

Nice challenge to get started and happy to get through to the next round with the parmo army! Look forward to the next one. 

39 minutes ago, Woody said:

Unlucky to the Italians....that was too close for comfort.

Loved the challenge @Foxy can't wait to get stuck into the next one, the England boys are just warming up 😉

That was entirely my fault. You nailed it! 

@Foxy great write-up, as always. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

That was entirely my fault. You nailed it! 

@Foxy great write-up, as always. 

We're a team dude, we win together, we lose together! Lions till the end 😉

Good way to start, nice work @smoggy90 even if @Foxy appears to have deducted 3 points from your total for some reason :P

Bit of a shame England scraped through, no offence to @Rob and @Woody both fine specimens, but would have been delightful to get rid of you early. Our only competition for the title this year I think.

Maybe team Asia as well actually.