Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2020: The Final Results

Wow, sorry to see the Italians leave the arena. Someone had to go. Hope you guys stick around to cheer on the Dutch 😉 

Man, things are much tighter than expected. I thought I'd scored big and everyone else struggled to get 50pts in 😂 big congrats @smoggy90 very fine score. 

5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Sorry about that @smoggy90 🤦‍♂️

I have corrected the write up and my spreadsheet as it was supposed to be @samhardy that had the 3pt deduction not you :P

Not a problem mate, I hadn’t noticed first time around. Good spot Sam 👍

10 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Thanks guys and apologies to @Jsavfc for such a disappointing score, i said it was my hardest challenge as the striker was terrible for me, but well done all those through

Dont worry about it Cockers, one of them things. I think i just got lucky in my game - changed formation/instructions about 6/7 times during the season ha. 

1 hour ago, Jsavfc said:

Dont worry about it Cockers, one of them things. I think i just got lucky in my game - changed formation/instructions about 6/7 times during the season ha. 

Amateur. I change about every single game even at least one instruction changed

6 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Amateur. I change about every single game even at least one instruction changed

The amount of times i clicked instructions on/off/on/off was mental, striker would score 4/5 in 3/4 games ill be loving life! Then went on a 2/3 game dry spell - cue the changes!

lovely stuff, fellas - looking forward to seeing what the next challenge will be! might play along and then never admit to how paltry my score was in comparison to you all :D

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

lovely stuff, fellas - looking forward to seeing what the next challenge will be! might play along and then never admit to how paltry my score was in comparison to you all :D

Great idea, not sure if I can complete them in time but maybe it will get me into a game. At the moment just trying some stuff out, not really getting hooked. Also went back to FM2007 if the laptop isn't getting hogged.

Nice to see team Asia do well! Maybe I'll root for the Dutchies if Fox switches his quarantaine beer choice..

image.png.0efc05cad56ed9d6ee4ff869a9bf462c.png

Unfortunately I bring some distressing news which is that the luxurious market of 100/1 on @Ashez leaving a comment has had to be closed due to an absolutely disgusting episode earlier in the week with @BatiGoal tagging him to completely throw it into jeopardy and defeat the object. @Ian that bet is off and your refund might be on its way depending on whether the former head of FoxBet @Foxy gets his hands on it first.

@Lord Danish has also been banned from the bookies after betting on his own team causing widespread* corruption throughout the whole event.

*non-existent

Odds

Champions

Holland, North East - 11/8
England - 7/2
Asia - 4/1

You can immediately see how the odds have tightened up mainly thanks to the terrific performance from Team Asia and also the slow start by the English pairing. The North East’s pole position in qualifying is enough for them to assume joint favouritism with the Dutch but looking at those it’s anyone’s game.

Golden Mobile

Foxy - 6/5
BatiGoal, smoggy90 - 2/1
samhardy - 5/2
Rob, Woody - 4/1
Kanegan - 5/1
Lord Danish - 15/2

There were a few interesting performances in qualifying and with that we have seen a couple of shifts. Most of the scores were close though so @Foxy, @BatiGoal and myself remain close but are joined by the high scorer @smoggy90. The English pairing of @Rob and @Woody are lurking dangerously close behind in the odds with @Kanegan coming in after his good showing in Turkey. @Lord Danish is now the lone underdog but a couple more good scores could soon change that.

Specials

Asia to qualify for the final - 5/2
Woody to return to submitting last in challenge 1 - 10/11
Holland v North East final - 11/8
The challenge to be described as “horrible” by a participant - Evens
Bati to attempt “mind games” every challenge - 1/100
FoxBet to payout Ian’s previous winnings - 5000/1

22 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I’m guessing at best I’ll have to get used to that in the future 😂

I’m not expecting anything back from Foxy quite frankly so I guess I’ve lost even more money, what a disaster this is turning out to be :@

I’ll still go again though as I’m a glutton for punishment.

£5 on England to be champions please.

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Finally I can comment without being investigated for suspicious betting activity!!! 

But you not commenting previously is also suspicious activity as if the bookies might have been putting pressure on you in some way not to comment 🤔

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

But you not commenting previously is also suspicious activity as if the bookies might have been putting pressure on you in some way not to comment 🤔

Yes, I think that could be correct but it doesn’t explain where my stake has gone. I hope you haven’t spent it.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

But @BatiGoalapplied the first leverage

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

More to follow

Intriguing

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

@Lord Danish has also been banned from the bookies after betting on his own team causing widespread* corruption throughout the whole event.

It’s like Messi betting for Messi scoring a hat trick and he does

Welcome to the first challenge of the Group Stage. There will be three challenges over the next three weeks with league points give out for where you finish as a team in each challenge. It will be 3pts for 1st, 2pts for 2nd, 1pt for 3rd and 0pts for 4th with the top two teams at the end of the three weeks going to the final.

Buffon the Great

22E216FB-0671-48C4-95CF-F5D49A430B63.thumb.jpeg.12a13ff6c599ade6e613af6ee0e90b9c.jpeg

Anyone who has watched football in the last 20 years knows just how great a goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is. Having made his debut at the age of 17 for Parma back in 1995 he is still playing at Juventus at the time of writing and before Kepa signed for Chelsea his transfer to Juventus all the way back in 2001 for €52m was the world record fee for a keeper.

He has made over 1000 professional appearances during his career and one countless titles including a World Cup but he has never managed a European Championship despite twice playing in the final as Italy lost in 2000 to France and in 2012 to Spain. That didn’t stop him being named as the GK in the all time Euro’s XI back in 2016 and even counting for recency bias it is hard to argue with that decision.

image.jpeg.aa5490e38166db13e03f0718a352d6ed.jpeg

During his career he played 176 times for Italy and only conceded 112 goals with a total of 57 clean sheets. That means he only conceded 0.63 goals per game during his international career which is staggering based on the number of times he played for the Azzuri.

The Challenge

In honour of Gigi you will be heading to Italy, signing a GK that is 17 or under and looking to concede as few goals as possible. In keeping with Italian football you must also play a formation which uses 3 centre backs at all times.

Club choice: You will be heading to either Gigi’s native Tuscany if you are player 1 so @samhardy, @Kanegan @BatiGoal and @Rob you will managing Pisa in Serie B.

If you are player 2 so @smoggy90, @Lord Danish, @Foxy and @Woody you will travel just up the coast from Buffon’s birthplace of Carrera and be managing Spezia also in Serie B.

Number of Games to Play: This is a half season challenge so play the first 19 league games. Cup games don’t count towards the challenge.

Goalkeeper: Sign a 17 year old or younger GK and a back up as well who is also 17 or under. They must be 17 or younger when the first league game of the season kicks off and must be bought and not loaned.

One of these GK’s must play in every league match and you can use a GK already at the club if you wish. If neither can play then use a greyed out GK.

Tactic: Must play 3 CB’s at all times.

Transfers: Other than those two goalkeepers you may not buy any other players but you may sell players if you wish.

Points: Your points will be your League Points divided by your Goals conceded per game in the league.

To work out your goals conceded per game you must divide the number of goals you have conceded by the number of games played and then use the number to two decibel points so EG. 19 games played and you conceded 18 goals it would be 18 / 19 = 0.94 Goals per game conceded.
So if you scored 30 league points you then do 30 / 0.94 = 31.91 which you would then round down to 31 challenge points.

If it doubt just post your results in the PM set up for your team and I will work it out for you.

Challenge Clarifications and Rules

Team Choice: You must manage the team assigned to your number.

GK: Both must be 17 or younger on the day of the first match of the season and you may use a player already at your club if you wish but he cannot be loaned in. If for any reason both those GK can’t play you need use a greyed out GK.

Number of Matches: You will play half the season so up to and including the 19th league match.

Teams Selection: One of your 17 or younger GK must play in every league game and you must play with 3 CB’s at all times. The GK can already be at the club if you wish.

Transfers: You may not sign any players into the club other than the two GK but you can sell whoever you want.

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie the team with the most points from this week and the qualifying challenge combined will finish higher.

Unlockables: You may not use any unlockables during the save but you can have a coaching badge and any reputation.

Other Rules: Usual Vibe rules apply of own formations only, no reloading, no editors, standard DB, no holidaying, if asked you must provide the save file and failure to do so can mean your expulsion from the challenge or event and no cheating in any way.

Screenshots

• Both GK attributes on the day of the first league game and after your 19th league game.
  • Both GK history page after the 19th league game.
  • Any evidence if both GK can’t play to prove you didn’t use another real player.
  • Squad stats listed by order of appearances.
  • League table.
  • Transfer history.
  • Tactic
  • Manger profile.
  • Your final game in the cup so either when you are eliminated or the last one you play before half way of the season.

Deadline: Tuesday 5th May 2020 @11.59pm UK Time

Any questions then please ask.

Have fun.

12 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Hi foxy, is it ok to play full backs and make a flat back 5 or is it the only 3 CB’s allowed in that defensive line?

You need to play 3 CBs the rest of the team can play wherever you want.

5 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

There goes my spot at the top. Defending is not my cup of tea. 

My goals will leak like a 50 years old abandoned house’s tap