Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Managing a club and national team

Godfrey

Ireland has offered a position for me and it is a tough challenge to take manage.  I am struggling whether will it be very busy if I managing a club and a national team in the same time.  I need some advice and tell me your feelings about taking 2 teams at the same time.

Screenshot_20200423-210137_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Ive not found it much harder to do both, just when international games are on - usually can skip through them quickly if just managing a club team. 

It helps managing the international team if you have a few players from that nation, cause you can pick them to start internationally straight away to try and speed up improvement. 

It all depends on if you fancy the challenge or not. 

Yeah, it comes down to preference. The World Cup finals can be a nice distraction in a long career, but at the same time it slows down how long it takes to get through a season etc.

Personally, I generally only do it to help a career (for eg to help a striker score more goals in a 1KC) and I generally find it more annoying than not - especially having to pick the squad every few months. I end up playing the same players and ignoring players who maybe should get a chance, and also leaving injured players in the squad, because it's easier than the stopping and doing it properly.

Also the tools aren't great. You don't have separate staff, you use your club staff. You have to scout your own ITN players to get that info screen about their strengths and weakness, whereas you automatically get that for your club players (and really should get that for players in the ITN squad). You don't get a separate shortlist, which is maybe fine, but not so much if the club and ITN levels are quite different, etc. It's better than it was, but still could be smoother.

And yeah, I always end up with a bunch of youngsters from that nation in my team squad, partly so I can develop them with my gold coaches and top facilities and also improve their morale (ITN morale is often horrible), and partly so they can improve quicker and turn into good club players for me.

I’m manager of Leicester and England, when I go to choose my squad it doesn’t give me an option to call up James Maddison, whenever I go to player search to search for English players it takes me to the Leicester player search, so it’s not England manager at that point, can anyone help? 

1 hour ago, Dazzasnedd said:

I’m manager of Leicester and England, when I go to choose my squad it doesn’t give me an option to call up James Maddison, whenever I go to player search to search for English players it takes me to the Leicester player search, so it’s not England manager at that point, can anyone help? 

Yeah, you only get the one search screen and have to use it for both. To find English players for when you're selecting the ITN squad, you just have to use the Nation filter.

If you can't add a player to the squad (as in you can't add any players), then most likely it's because the squad is full and you need to drop someone before selecting another. That's always annoyed me, I wish you could go over the limit as long as you brought it down before submitting the squad.

If you can add other players, but just not Maddison, then he's not eligible (maybe he chose Ireland instead in your save, I can't recall if he's already been capped for England or not).

10 hours ago, Dazzasnedd said:

If you have space in the England squad but can’t pick a player go to there profile and look in the action menu as sometimes the option to call them up is in there instead of at the bottom of the page.

Is it possible to call on someone with a second nationality to the country you are managing? I’m managing Scotland but I can’t find how to search for second nationality players?