Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Would this tactic be too defensive?

Mikey

I'm trying to make a tactic for my Partick team and I've thought of one that would suit my players but I'm having second thoughts as I feel it's too defensive. Advice please? 

I get my team to play short passing and I've always had counter mentality on every FM. 

Screenshot_20200424_154509_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Play some matches and see as the proof is in the pudding.

If you win matches I don’t see the problem if its is too defensive but then it depends what you want. If you are after lots of high scoring matches then maybe you need something different.

56 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Play some matches and see as the proof is in the pudding.

If you win matches I don’t see the problem if its is too defensive but then it depends what you want. If you are after lots of high scoring matches then maybe you need something different.

No, not after high scoring matches. Tbh, I'll happily have 1-0 wins every week my concern is the midfield are quite far back from my striker so getting the ball into the final third and scoring but like you said I won't know until I've tested.

I think I have seen CPU use this against me every time they go 1up, works wonders for them, especially when my eyes are away.

I have also use this against an attacking strong side. If my opponent didn't utter this immediately then my team will score or create more chances and prove difficult to breakdown.

playing short passing won't help it function well, pressing fast direct or longpass works well.

On 24/04/2020 at 19:28, Don-x said:

playing short passing won't help it function well, pressing fast direct or longpass works well.

Like I said before Long pass is so suitable for counter Attack in this Year game, 💯% of the time I used it on my 433, I ended not conceding the useless last 10min equalizing goals, I normally concede, and I went on to win powerful game's

Like against Bayarn I was already a goal down and I quickly change it to counter Attack Longpass, my on loan Boyz guard me pass them in extra time though. It was a giant killer. League 2 side reaching the final playing counter Attack Longpass.

Screenshot_20200503-150722.png

40 minutes ago, Don-x said:

Like I said before Long pass is so suitable for counter Attack in this Year game, 💯% of the time I used it on my 433, I ended not conceding the useless last 10min equalizing goals, I normally concede, and I went on to win powerful game's

Like against Bayarn I was already a goal down and I quickly change it to counter Attack Longpass, my on loan Boyz guard me pass them in extra time though. It was a giant killer. League 2 side reaching the final playing counter Attack Longpass.

Screenshot_20200503-150722.png

How could you have Ansu Fati and Tammy Abraham?

20 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

How could Chelsea loan Tammy? He’s a starter for them

The game could easily sign a replacement then loan him out. I've seen it happen with other clubs on there.

23 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

How could you have Ansu Fati and Tammy Abraham?

actually it was January loan deal, after the loan he was given 4 years contract. Mount was made available too. Now Chelsea have listed James and pulisic on second season, for loan.