Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Bati Releases Liverpool's Front Three

A very nice challenge by @Rob and below is how I got on.. 

- Bati Releases Liverpool Front Three -

So with lots of people trying this challenge I see no reason why I shouldn't join the fun. As it was a single season only it just took me half a day to get thru it. Right after the VWC challenge and right before I'm continuing the last of the in-game series, with (as things stands) Sunderland. 

Now on to Liverpool... I was deliberating between a few of my favorite formations:

• 2-2-1-5
  • 3-4-3
  • 2-5-3

2-2-1-5 is great for scoring but equally great for conceding. It's 5 up front so the IFs steal too many goals from the front 3. Better keep this one for the next challenge. 

3-4-3 it's my go-to formation for most challenges. It's consistent. However, during a few careers this year I've found 2-def formations to work well. Especially moving one of the back 3 into midfield to make it a flat 5 midfield. Thus.. 

2-5-3 is the chosen one. I've found a flat midfield 5 to work extremely well this year, both for possession and for creating chances. And it works particularly well for worldclass teams like Liverpool's. 

Screenshot_20200426-153311.thumb.png.80c88fbfa35f6860f50252ca93c049cf.png

This is my best lineup. Obviously Mané, Salah, Firmino for the goals. Mané and Salah are creative and have lots of pace. They're the AFs. Love having TMs in my team so Firmino, despite not being your typical TM, has still the required set of skills to do the job. 

Then a flat 5 with good crossers of the ball in Robertson and TAA on the wings to feed Firmino. In center BBMs Henderson and Wijnaldum, regular CMs do well too. Good passing, very good all round game and necessary Stamina to be everywhere. Pjanic my first buy to act as an AP. I felt extra creativity in midfield was needed. If I had a second top AP I'd go with AP-CM/BWM/BBM-AP either three combo's work very well.

Back, vDijk of course partnering Koulibaly. With just 2 I need top lvl defenders. Lovren, Matip, Gomez fell short imo so my second buy in Koulibaly was needed to minimize the GA. 

Screenshot_20200426-154801.thumb.png.2e476359e0b3f0ceacce82d8e989aef4.png

Here's the transfers. 2 in and a handful out. 

Screenshot_20200425-124428.thumb.png.2b46100f14ad2afb0c137c0811b59b33.png

First competitive game was good and bad. The boys up front did tremendously well but I can't be conceding like this. So as always, the formation is right but it usually takes another 5-6 games to tweak the shape and mentality and such to suit the players. 

Screenshot_20200426-154626.thumb.png.7dfcfeff6580e2df4c58cfa4d23177a2.png

We scored 225 gls in all competitions, which is great. However, it became clear that scoring in the Cups was easy, but scoring in the EPL less so. Unfortunately as that's where the points really start to count for this challenge. 

Screenshot_20200426-154632.thumb.png.003c7e8dfb2b30d4156e83d8b145caab.png

In the EPL we managed 115 gls. Not a bad number per se in our debut season, but I was aiming for 130+. Only having drawn 3 games kinda made up for that. So EPL pts 108 and GD 84 brings us 192pts so far. 

Screenshot_20200426-154724.thumb.png.8ac0e6da2d84de914c556c42c2e3cca9.png

As mentioned, we killed it in the CL scoring 54 gls. That's a good number of goals, and the front 3 got a big share in goals as well as assists. 

Screenshot_20200426-154731.thumb.png.937f945f708d40f81900396f604949f2.png

34/54 that count for the challenge score is nice. Haven't looked at the exact number of assists (if someone wants to see a pic let me know) but I'm guessing from 54 they own a fair chunk of it. 

Mané

Screenshot_20200426-154651.thumb.png.a92dca32a9bb1dbac1a4d949052a0af2.png

Top player no doubt. The AF on the left with his favored right foot. Not sure if that makes any difference as he's still positioned in center, tho slightly left. 43+22=65pts

Salah

Screenshot_20200426-154642.thumb.png.fed175153d57dcf874ffd40ec63a1578.png

Decent lil player. The right AF coming in with his powerful left foot. Difference or not, it felt right positioning Mané and Salah this way. He did great with 61+28=89pts

Firmino

Screenshot_20200426-154701.thumb.png.94ef80f9d13cfe3bd5553012666b8d7a.png

The TM of the team who played nearly every match. I'll tell how and why in a bit. He's essential for this team and in this formation, so I was very careful with him. This 2-5-3 without a TM isn't nearly as deadly. So regular ingame subbing (for Origi) helped preserve his energy. He got us 52+26=78pts

Another crucial thing I decided to do, something I did pretty much during my entire Amateur Challenge, was setting training on low intensity from Xmas onwards - for the front three only. There's plenty of rest days until then but when we approach the winter window, coupled with the number of games already played, players have very few rest days inbetween games. So the 6-month low intensity training isn't enough to bring down their attributes to significant levels, but it generates very much needed extra rest. And more often than not it means they're ready to play the next game on 90+%. 

Challenge Score 192+65+89+78= 424 pts

Aim was 400+ so I'm happy. But hold on, isn't that what @billy2shots scored??? Ffs 😂 we're tied. Damn, if one of those missed penalties went in I'd be top. But I remember 2shots saying he forgot assigning set piece instructions so maybe he's the unfortunate one. I might try this one again with a few minor tweaks I have in mind, including an extra top lvl AP in the starting line up. 

Thanks for reading and see you at the next one. 

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Only one way to settle this and that is you and @billy2shots having a fight....

or I suppose you could both just have another go and see who gets the highest total but that seems a bit tame tbh.

Alphabetical order gets my vote. 

That’s an awesome effort mate, someone is going to have to have another go or someone different come along and beat that score. We can’t have a tie! Great work. 

16 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

That’s an awesome effort mate, someone is going to have to have another go or someone different come along and beat that score. We can’t have a tie! Great work. 

Thanks, Smog, why not you? 😉 I probably will at some point. Especially if someone comes along and scores 425 or more. Easier to motivate oneself when dethroned so to speak. 

19 minutes ago, Ian said:

Brilliant score Bati, well done. Your system has some similarities to mine which you’ll see later when I post my effort.

Thanks Ian. Curious to find out what those similarities are. Perhaps it's best if you beat Billy's and my score, so we both have a reason to replay this challenge and come after you.😃

1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

Great effort BG. 

Happy you didn’t beat me or I would have had to play again 😆 

If @Foxy or anyone else beats the score it’s fine but not @BatiGoal 

OK, there's the motivation I needed 😂 

You scored massive in the EPL with your 140+ gls. Tough league to score in and I'm not sure why I "only" managed 115. I might only be one or two tweaks away from getting a bigger score. Problem is finding that tweak. 

14 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

OK, there's the motivation I needed 😂 

You scored massive in the EPL with your 140+ gls. Tough league to score in and I'm not sure why I "only" managed 115. I might only be one or two tweaks away from getting a bigger score. Problem is finding that tweak. 

Not sure if the roles in your screenshot are what you ended up with but I really like WM's in a flat 5 man midfield. Not sure if they assist enough for three up front, I usually play 3-5-2. WM and IWB are really nice this year.

16 minutes ago, Dagion said:

Not sure if the roles in your screenshot are what you ended up with but I really like WM's in a flat 5 man midfield. Not sure if they assist enough for three up front, I usually play 3-5-2. WM and IWB are really nice this year.

Yes, the roles in the screenshot is what I played the majority of the games with. WMs are very good too, agree, fewer crosses to the TM overall but also more stability at the back. If my defenders weren't worldclass I'd probably go with WMs. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Great work Bati. Luckily you’re not on top

I am 😋

20 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Yes, the roles in the screenshot is what I played the majority of the games with. WMs are very good too, agree, fewer crosses to the TM overall but also more stability at the back. If my defenders weren't worldclass I'd probably go with WMs. 

I am 😋

Nice, I always find my defenders make mistakes but then again I usually manage lower leagues or lesser leagues so that calls for more security I guess.

Usually my midfield is WM - BBM - BWM - BBM - WM, supported with 3 in the back. No creativity but it seems to work well.

Also, nice score of course, thought I mentioned that in my first post but I didn't.

Edited by Dagion
2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

A very nice challenge by @Rob and below is how I got on.. 

- Bati Releases Liverpool Front Three -

So with lots of people trying this challenge I see no reason why I shouldn't join the fun. As it was a single season only it just took me half a day to get thru it. Right after the VWC challenge and right before I'm continuing the last of the in-game series, with (as things stands) Sunderland. 

Now on to Liverpool... I was deliberating between a few of my favorite formations:

• 2-2-1-5
  • 3-4-3
  • 2-5-3

2-2-1-5 is great for scoring but equally great for conceding. It's 5 up front so the IFs steal too many goals from the front 3. Better keep this one for the next challenge. 

3-4-3 it's my go-to formation for most challenges. It's consistent. However, during a few careers this year I've found 2-def formations to work well. Especially moving one of the back 3 into midfield to make it a flat 5 midfield. Thus.. 

2-5-3 is the chosen one. I've found a flat midfield 5 to work extremely well this year, both for possession and for creating chances. And it works particularly well for worldclass teams like Liverpool's. 

Screenshot_20200426-153311.thumb.png.80c88fbfa35f6860f50252ca93c049cf.png

This is my best lineup. Obviously Mané, Salah, Firmino for the goals. Mané and Salah are creative and have lots of pace. They're the AFs. Love having TMs in my team so Firmino, despite not being your typical TM, has still the required set of skills to do the job. 

Then a flat 5 with good crossers of the ball in Robertson and TAA on the wings to feed Firmino. In center BBMs Henderson and Wijnaldum, regular CMs do well too. Good passing, very good all round game and necessary Stamina to be everywhere. Pjanic my first buy to act as an AP. I felt extra creativity in midfield was needed. If I had a second top AP I'd go with AP-CM/BWM/BBM-AP either three combo's work very well.

Back, vDijk of course partnering Koulibaly. With just 2 I need top lvl defenders. Lovren, Matip, Gomez fell short imo so my second buy in Koulibaly was needed to minimize the GA. 

Screenshot_20200426-154801.thumb.png.2e476359e0b3f0ceacce82d8e989aef4.png

Here's the transfers. 2 in and a handful out. 

Screenshot_20200425-124428.thumb.png.2b46100f14ad2afb0c137c0811b59b33.png

First competitive game was good and bad. The boys up front did tremendously well but I can't be conceding like this. So as always, the formation is right but it usually takes another 5-6 games to tweak the shape and mentality and such to suit the players. 

Screenshot_20200426-154626.thumb.png.7dfcfeff6580e2df4c58cfa4d23177a2.png

We scored 225 gls in all competitions, which is great. However, it became clear that scoring in the Cups was easy, but scoring in the EPL less so. Unfortunately as that's where the points really start to count for this challenge. 

Screenshot_20200426-154632.thumb.png.003c7e8dfb2b30d4156e83d8b145caab.png

In the EPL we managed 115 gls. Not a bad number per se in our debut season, but I was aiming for 130+. Only having drawn 3 games kinda made up for that. So EPL pts 108 and GD 84 brings us 192pts so far. 

Screenshot_20200426-154724.thumb.png.8ac0e6da2d84de914c556c42c2e3cca9.png

As mentioned, we killed it in the CL scoring 54 gls. That's a good number of goals, and the front 3 got a big share in goals as well as assists. 

Screenshot_20200426-154731.thumb.png.937f945f708d40f81900396f604949f2.png

34/54 that count for the challenge score is nice. Haven't looked at the exact number of assists (if someone wants to see a pic let me know) but I'm guessing from 54 they own a fair chunk of it. 

Mané

Screenshot_20200426-154651.thumb.png.a92dca32a9bb1dbac1a4d949052a0af2.png

Top player no doubt. The AF on the left with his favored right foot. Not sure if that makes any difference as he's still positioned in center, tho slightly left. 43+22=65pts

Salah

Screenshot_20200426-154642.thumb.png.fed175153d57dcf874ffd40ec63a1578.png

Decent lil player. The right AF coming in with his powerful left foot. Difference or not, it felt right positioning Mané and Salah this way. He did great with 61+28=89pts

Firmino

Screenshot_20200426-154701.thumb.png.94ef80f9d13cfe3bd5553012666b8d7a.png

The TM of the team who played nearly every match. I'll tell how and why in a bit. He's essential for this team and in this formation, so I was very careful with him. This 2-5-3 without a TM isn't nearly as deadly. So regular ingame subbing (for Origi) helped preserve his energy. He got us 52+26=78pts

Another crucial thing I decided to do, something I did pretty much during my entire Amateur Challenge, was setting training on low intensity from Xmas onwards - for the front three only. There's plenty of rest days until then but when we approach the winter window, coupled with the number of games already played, players have very few rest days inbetween games. So the 6-month low intensity training isn't enough to bring down their attributes to significant levels, but it generates very much needed extra rest. And more often than not it means they're ready to play the next game on 90+%. 

Challenge Score 192+65+89+78= 424 pts

Aim was 400+ so I'm happy. But hold on, isn't that what @billy2shots scored??? Ffs 😂 we're tied. Damn, if one of those missed penalties went in I'd be top. But I remember 2shots saying he forgot assigning set piece instructions so maybe he's the unfortunate one. I might try this one again with a few minor tweaks I have in mind, including an extra top lvl AP in the starting line up. 

Thanks for reading and see you at the next one. 

What tactic intructions use Bati? 

2 hours ago, Dagion said:

Nice, I always find my defenders make mistakes but then again I usually manage lower leagues or lesser leagues so that calls for more security I guess.

Usually my midfield is WM - BBM - BWM - BBM - WM, supported with 3 in the back. No creativity but it seems to work well.

Also, nice score of course, thought I mentioned that in my first post but I didn't.

Thanks. I like using a BWM as well, but only if they're top lvl. Good tackling, stamina, aggressive etc. They work better for me than a few versions ago. Otherwise an AP should do well in that combination. 

2 hours ago, KUMAN1 said:

What tactic intructions use Bati? 

Attacking, narrow, fast, balanced, and the rest's a little vague in the mind 😉 try something out.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Well done, and I also love wm.

Thanks Rob. I think my next try I may go with WMs. Just to see if it significantly improves the GA without hurting the front three too much. 

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

You manage to tie as well. Well done with the monster score.

That comment I made came back to haunt me, and I'm not even surprised 😁 thanks Kane. 

Edited by BatiGoal