Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What is the point of coach reports?

My coach rates my central defender as 4 stars despite the fact my other defender who's only rated 2 stars has better attributes? The 2 star defender has better heading and tackling and only worse of in the strength apartment.

seems they are based on how often his on your starting lineup. What bugs me the most is mine saying my signing is seen by the fans as aberration, moreover this kid has a CA 3 and PA 4.5.

Now I got another kid, my scout did say the truth base on his PA 5. and got the CA 2.5  wrong, because he has CA 3.5 & PA 5. Maybe scout really judge player's base on strength stamina and Pace before other skills

I started my save not bothering to sign Scout's. Just decided recently to sign youth scout/coach, as my incoming Yth products are not yet good

Edited by Don-x

Thought they made no sense on an older fm I signed a left back who was rated half a star got moaned at for signing him and he went on to be player of the year and got double digit assists and MOTM

12 hours ago, samhardy said:

There is no point. They are completely broken and pointless and you should always trust your own judgement.

i do see a couple of little points to them, although clearly you can "live without them"...

1) hidden attributes - such as dirty player, injury-prone, big-match performer, good/bad at set-pieces, etc

2) form - they can be a useful indicator of when a player's having a bad spell. this can happen to anyone, and i guess one management option is to play them through it to get to the other side asap anyway (i prefer to dump them in the reserves and let someone else have a go), but certainly young players seem to come through with a big impact before having a rough period...

comparing the player stats side-by-side (when there's a dilemma) can often be a useful way of seeing where the real difference is... 

to the original question, i'd just say, i always love strength in my centre-backs, so maybe the other lad "has it all" but won't make it at the top level cos he's just not strong enough...

for those who rely on their own judgment of the stats, the one thing that always gets me is you get superstars who look rubbish - i don't understand it. i'll try to look out for an example...

I don't use them except to see the difference between CA and PA, to see if there is any growth left in the player. Not always accurate, but more accurate than their actual view on CA / PA. Oh yeah and to see the signals on the hidden attributes as @Mr Tree says.

Of course, they are supposed to be inaccurate. It's not the actual real data, it's the views of your staff. Sometimes they will get it wrong just like in real life. So, I'm not against it being inaccurate on principle, but I do think it should be better than it currently is. And I'd like to see staff skills come into it, so there is a clear difference in the accuracy of top staff vs not so top staff.

Edited by Scratch
On 27/04/2020 at 09:33, Mr Tree said:

for those who rely on their own judgment of the stats, the one thing that always gets me is you get superstars who look rubbish - i don't understand it. i'll try to look out for an example...

Totally agree! I have posted about this a few times, but this drives me crazy. World class players who play really well but just have bang average attributes. 

4 minutes ago, Snip said:

Totally agree! I have posted about this a few times, but this drives me crazy. World class players who play really well but just have bang average attributes. 

Odegard has really awesome attribute, if you just look and didn't scout, you think his 5 star, 

10 hours ago, Don-x said:

Odegard has really awesome attribute, if you just look and didn't scout, you think his 5 star, 

Odegaard always become 5 star in every saves.

4 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Odegaard always become 5 star in every saves.

have never seen that, he has awesome stat really, but I have only seen his ability cap as CA 4 PA 4 overall,

7 minutes ago, Don-x said:

have never seen that, he has awesome stat really, but I have only seen his ability cap as CA 4 PA 4 overall,

Could be because I always play in a weak league

18 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Could be because I always play in a weak league

ok that's it, your scout sees him as 5 star squad rating. Get player's like him around the squad and in his position too. The scout will change his opinion.

28 minutes ago, Don-x said:

ok that's it, your scout sees him as 5 star squad rating. Get player's like him around the squad and in his position too. The scout will change his opinion.

Yeah that’s a true one.