Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Alan Shearer Challenge

p06xmhjb.thumb.jpg.04836ff8672d3dc83c202972203a5ba0.jpg

Welcome!
This is my first challenge idea, hoping it gets a good reception - will give it ago myself shortly of course. 

I have tried to create a challenge that is quite simply, easy if you like. Should give those, like myself who are not that tactically adept in the game to try something new and different - and most importantly have fun along the way. 

Most of you know of Alan Shearer (i hope so anyway?!)

He is currently, the premier league's top goalscorer.

Rank Name Years Goals Apps Ratio
1 England Alan Shearer 1992–2006 260 441 0.59

As you can see, 260 goals in 441 apperances. 

Now, onto the challenge; 

• Take over a team in the Premier League
  • Pick an English striker age 22 or under - Shearer was 22 when he made his PL debut. 
  • Score 261+ goals in as little appearances as you can
  • Only goals scored under YOUR management will count - any previous league goals scored do not.

It as simple as that. Try and beat his record!

Points will simply be the amount of games it took to beat the record (League games only)

Usual rules apply;

• Own formations
  • No reloaded, editor, cheating in any way
  • No unlockables
  • Any badge/rep allowed
  • Only goals scored in Premier League games count
  • Transfer in/out allowed.
  • Screenshots required - player choice, player history - start a career thread so we can all follow progress!

Leaderboard;

1 = @Dai_ Adam Armstrong = 226 games + 261 goals

2 = @Aaron Thornton Dominic Calvert-Lewin = 230 games +261 goals

3 = @RichD Rhian Brewster = 263 games +261 goals

4 = @Schwantz34 Danny Loader = 354 games + 263 goals

Edited by Jsavfc

Yeah, this looks great, I like simple challenges like this. A couple of questions though:

1. How does it work with existing goals? If I pick a striker who already has 250 goals (for eg) and make him score 11 in 12 games, does that mean I go to top of the leaderboard because I've done it so fast? Or does it have to be 261 goals under my management? Or do we have to pick strikers with 0 goals so far? etc
  2. Just to clarify, it's League goals not total goals right? As in we're trying to break his EPL record so cups, Europe, etc don't count?

It should be 261 EPL goals in the quickest time. 

Picking Harry Kane is a bit of a cop out for me, Shearer made his Prem debut in 92 with Blackburn at age 22 so I think it should be an English striker of that age as that's when he started his run.

So I think no one over 22 as your chosen one.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

It should be 261 EPL goals in the quickest time. 

Picking Harry Kane is a bit of a cop out for me, Shearer made his Prem debut in 92 with Blackburn at age 22 so I think it should be an English striker of that age as that's when he started his run.

So I think no one over 22 as your chosen one.

4 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Great idea. I think it should be 260+ league goals under your management. @Jsavfc can clarify better. 

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, this looks great, I like simple challenges like this. A couple of questions though:

1. How does it work with existing goals? If I pick a striker who already has 250 goals (for eg) and make him score 11 in 12 games, does that mean I go to top of the leaderboard because I've done it so fast? Or does it have to be 261 goals under my management? Or do we have to pick strikers with 0 goals so far? etc
  2. Just to clarify, it's League goals not total goals right? As in we're trying to break his EPL record so cups, Europe, etc don't count?

7 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Interesting challenge Johnny Sins.

Will I be able to use Harry Kane for this?

Thanks for the comments guys. 

I had the idea of 261+ goals under your management, so any previous goals scored in the league do not count. 

League goals only - so europe/cups do not count. 

Didnt give much thought to age of the striker, thinking this challenge could take around 5+ seasons depending on amount scored, so younger would be more ideal. 

I will update OP with more clarification. 

As soon as I saw this challenge I just had to do it.

The only player worthy of such a challenge; a fellow Geordie:

1313583338_Screenshot_20200901-020126_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.b1f59a69d8a6cf5612fdfbe91b0ca54d.jpg

Managed to complete it quite quickly due to only playing him in league games. Worked a treat. No serious injuries meaning he played nearly every game of every league season. Pretty impressive numbers too.

First 5 seasons:

1910366199_Screenshot_20200908-231054_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.0e61b9adc08bd6373666c5193a98b857.jpg

6th season:

797698953_Screenshot_20200909-211156_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.1b9cab7139ede3aad092d68d0132b7a9.jpg

7th season:

1680050498_Screenshot_20200909-224259_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.ac84ed3260b0419ea682b3daec4948a5.jpg

After working it all out, taking away previous appearances & goals before my management. Works out at:

Games: 226

Goals: 261

Could I get added to the leaderboard, please? 😊

1 hour ago, Jsavfc said:

Done!

Well done mate, that amount of games is going to be tough to beat I reckon. 

Cheers, pal. Probably could've done it in fewer games with a better player. His stats didn't improve significantly from where he started but the tactic suited him, I think.