Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How can I score more goals?

I am currently in my first season managing Chelsea and I am frequently struggling to score goals. The only players on my team who are scoring are my strikers. Are there any changes to my tactics I could make which would let me score more?

Screenshot_2020-05-04-15-03-25-54.png

Screenshot_2020-05-04-15-03-18-79.png

Screenshot_2020-05-04-15-03-11-07.png

Screenshot_2020-05-04-15-08-21-32.png

Screenshot_2020-05-04-15-01-01-11.png

Screenshot_2020-05-04-15-00-45-17.png

Screenshot_2020-05-04-15-00-36-45.png

I can't see the players you're using for the player roles in the screenshot. But if you're sure the players fit the roles, one thing you might try is going creative freedom Balanced. I've found that expressive leads to lots of loss of ball possession if your players aren't worldclass. 

A second thing you could try is change your midfield diamond into a flat midfield 3 of BBM-AP-BBM or change one of the BBMs to a regular CM. It could offer more stability. Let me know if anything helps. 

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I can't see the players you're using for the player roles in the screenshot. But if you're sure the players fit the roles, one thing you might try is going creative freedom Balanced. I've found that expressive leads to lots of loss of ball possession if your players aren't worldclass. 

A second thing you could try is change your midfield diamond into a flat midfield 3 of BBM-AP-BBM or change one of the BBMs to a regular CM. It could offer more stability. Let me know if anything helps. 

That is actually how I am playing now, trying to let only my striker score.. flat midfield consisting of BBM-AP-BBM, sometimes with a CM.

Also playing with one IF, he scores quite a lot. BBM who is furthest away gets some goals too. 

If you want to keep the same formation you could try IF - AM - IF, maybe change the lower AP to DLP to link up with your defence.

On 05/05/2020 at 07:16, Dagion said:

That is actually how I am playing now, trying to let only my striker score.. flat midfield consisting of BBM-AP-BBM, sometimes with a CM.

Also playing with one IF, he scores quite a lot. BBM who is furthest away gets some goals too. 

If you want to keep the same formation you could try IF - AM - IF, maybe change the lower AP to DLP to link up with your defence.

Tried both of these suggestions, unfortunately I still struggle to break down smaller teams. Appreciate the ideas though. 

9 hours ago, JosephS005 said:

Tried both of these suggestions, unfortunately I still struggle to break down smaller teams. Appreciate the ideas though. 

Do you switch between fast and slow Play against teams that Park the bus?

Try to switch between shoot on target pius run on D -  and on the opposition = Work in box plus through balls