Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Gamebreaker

Hi all,

First post so be gentle! This is a tactic I’ve built from many years of FM experience and tinkering with various tactics found on here. 
Despite looking highly attacking the biggest strength of this tactic is the low volume of goals conceded. With the right striker you can score bucketfuls - the current Liverpool game I have (see screenshots) score over three a game on average.

I’ve tried it with a range of teams in a range of leagues and nations and it hasn’t failed me.

I should add at the start of a game with a lower team or a team with players that don’t quite fit I tend adopt a slightly different tactic. Instead of working into the box and through balls I go with shoot on sight and running with the ball. The other change is to change Ball playing defenders to centre backs.

#Beastmode

4DA54E01-EADF-40CA-89FC-51A3E26A4A0C.png

B7AB8A94-2A92-437E-97EE-25EA08F8DAB0.png

215BBAE2-3CC5-4BC2-93CC-9379A3188F10.png

DA0C32DF-111D-4BA8-A45E-497FDBCAEBBF.png

525F221E-3D7D-45CB-AB11-621F978B7323.png

E4AB692A-F32F-406D-B9C3-2772C14C8052.png

B6DB1E4B-529F-48B4-8364-8A4881BBA70A.png

6CBDB080-AEFC-4D5D-80B2-DF164ED2C17A.png

C9BE16B4-2D44-4491-8FEC-64A79D8DABF0.png

Edited by matthieustevenson

Depends on your striker - with Firmino it is shared fairly equally. At Peterborough for example, it tended to be the main striker. I guess that makes sense in reality too as the Peterborough forwards I used tended to be more on the poacher side of stats.

Edited by matthieustevenson

I should add at the start of a game with a lower team or a team with players that don’t quite fit I tend adopt a slightly different tactic. Instead of working into the box and through balls I go with shoot on sight and running with the ball. The other change is to change Ball playing defenders to centre backs.

2 hours ago, matthieustevenson said:

I should add at the start of a game with a lower team or a team with players that don’t quite fit I tend adopt a slightly different tactic. Instead of working into the box and through balls I go with shoot on sight and running with the ball. The other change is to change Ball playing defenders to centre backs.

Add this to the main post. So everyone can see it

Nice! Also trying out some BBM-AP-BBM action at the moment and it seems to do quite well. In a 4-3-2-1 that is, but the only difference is the positions of the backs and W+IF instead of 2 IF's.

Never had much success with SK though, but then again my goalie seems to misjudge balls anyway..

Its looking promising. I assume its after the march update :)?

would you recommend sk or did you use gk at Peterborough?

21 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Its looking promising. I assume its after the march update :)?

would you recommend sk or did you use gk at Peterborough?

Yes chap.

totally depends on the keeper as to whether I’d use sweeper keeper to start off. Ideally yes but the reason I switch to CBs and Gk tends to be because the Wbs and BpDs get caught on the ball every so often which instantly gets them a 4 or 5 match rating (very frustrating!). After a month or two of settling down and training the risk lowers but of the keepers stats are very weak I wouldn’t.
Christy Pym was doing pretty well in that Peterborough game to be fair.

21 hours ago, Dagion said:

Nice! Also trying out some BBM-AP-BBM action at the moment and it seems to do quite well. In a 4-3-2-1 that is, but the only difference is the positions of the backs and W+IF instead of 2 IF's.

Never had much success with SK though, but then again my goalie seems to misjudge balls anyway..

I find that unless you push the Fbs up you don’t score enough yet defensively you don’t see to lose out by having them as Wbs.

I am starting a new save with Brescia in serie a and I would post my results when I am done with the first season

22 hours ago, bb said:

I am starting a new save with Brescia in serie a and I would post my results when I am done with the first season

thanks, hope it goes well for you

2 hours ago, matthieustevenson said:

thanks, hope it goes well for you

It has gone dreadfully, to be kind, I stopped the test already won 2, lost 8, drew 12

7 hours ago, bb said:

It has gone dreadfully, to be kind, I stopped the test already won 2, lost 8, drew 12

Did you go for bpd or cb? And did you go for the work into box/through ball or shoot on sight/run with ball?

8 hours ago, bb said:

Just had a look at the Brescia squad - unless you’ve made some signings you will struggle to play with Btb midfielders as their midfield is not blessed with movement.

1 hour ago, matthieustevenson said:

Did you go for bpd or cb? And did you go for the work into box/through ball or shoot on sight/run with ball?

I went for the original tactic

Just had a look at the Brescia squad - unless you’ve made some signings you will struggle to play with Btb midfielders as their midfield is not blessed with movement.

I know I made a total team revamp and still found it difficult

Screenshot_2020-05-09-08-11-35-572_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-09-08-11-22-102_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-09-08-11-10-084_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-09-08-11-02-636_com.sega.soccer.jpg

I would tweak the tactic a bit and see where it leads and get back to you.

2 minutes ago, bb said:

I would tweak the tactic a bit and see where it leads and get back to you.

👍 try the alternative I added in the original post - smaller teams tend to be more successful using that as it is more counter attacking. The main one performs well if you have more of the ball I’ve found.

You were not joking when you said a total revamp either!! 

2 minutes ago, matthieustevenson said:

👍 try the alternative I added in the original post - smaller teams tend to be more successful using that as it is more counter attacking. The main one performs well if you have more of the ball I’ve found.

You were not joking when you said a total revamp either!! 

For the alternate version what is different

1 minute ago, bb said:

For the alternate version what is different

Instead of work into box and through balls do shoot on sight and through balls. Change the BPD to CBs.

Out of interest can you post a screenshot of the bottom half of the table when you get a mo?

1 minute ago, matthieustevenson said:

Instead of work into box and through balls do shoot on sight and through balls. Change the BPD to CBs.

Out of interest can you post a screenshot of the bottom half of the table when you get a mo?

Does the gk remain a sweeper,

Out of anger I forgot to save and I only normally save at the beginning and the end unfortunately and I didn't even complete the season cause I saw it as a waste, the next test I am gonna take ss

2 minutes ago, bb said:

Does the gk remain a sweeper,

Out of anger I forgot to save and I only normally save at the beginning and the end unfortunately and I didn't even complete the season cause I saw it as a waste, the next test I am gonna take ss

Ideally yes but only if he has the stats for it - i think Livakovic would be capable if you buy him again

36 minutes ago, matthieustevenson said:

Ideally yes but only if he has the stats for it - i think Livakovic would be capable if you buy him again

I saved to the point where I did all the transfers it's ideally the best point to do another test

53 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Killing it in the Championship with Leeds. Original tactic version. Will upload details once the season ends.

👍 I do enjoy a Leeds game - pumped it’s working for you

Full season test;

Transfers

axiABu9.png

3uuRl5m.png

Not sure the Jack Harrison one will go through. I used the buyout loan option before the season and he then turned it down in January somehow. See what happens this time.

Final Table

fi6Uewu.png

Av Ratings

tBw7nw7.png

tI6t9D7.png

Goals

iYkyJvc.png

Assists

lPGPp57.png

Results

7l3ccTy.png

tfppKjk.png