Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Goals per Game Challenge

The Goals per Game Challenge

image.thumb.jpeg.6391b94544b97f3ca4fc7be5e4ecf13f.jpeg

Goals are the absolute be all and end all of football, it doesn’t really matter how they go in or who scores them just so long as you score more than your opponent. This is pretty obvious stuff but it seems at times it’s forgotten as people bang on about “philosophies”, “tactics” and “patterns of play” as although these things are important it doesn’t really matter if a goal is scored after 20 passes and intricate one twos or from a huge punt forward by the goalkeeper or a long throw.

As the name suggests this challenge is all about scoring as many GpG as you can.

As a bit of a benchmark I thought I would research some past record GpG achievements by football clubs and I thought I would find some crazy totals from footballs past but that wasn’t totally the case. These are three of the best I could find but there are many more examples although I have yet to find a higher total that Real Madrid’s at least in a major league.

If you click the year it will take you to the Wikipedia article about that season if you want more information.

Manchester City - 2011/12 - English Premier League: This is the EPL record as they scored 106 goals in 38 games which works out at 2.78 GpG. Which is very decent but it’s not the best in England or the world.

Peterborough Utd - 1960/61 - English Fourth Division: In this season The Posh smashed in 134 goals in 46 this is the record number of goals scored in the English professional leagues in history. This works out at an impressive 2.91 goals per game.

Racing Club Paris - 1959/60 - French First Division: The other clubs all won there leagues but RC Paris managed to somehow score 118 goals in 38 games at a rate of 3.10 GpG and still only manage to finish 3rd!

Real Madrid - 2011/12 - La Liga: Who would have thought that my research would yield a team managed by Jose Mourinho as the top scorers. This is a very underrated team though as it was always eclipsed by the achievements at the same time of Pep’s Barca team but Real not only beat them to the league title they out scored them as well with 121 goals in 38 game at a rate of 3.18 GpG.

Challenge Rules

Goal of the Challenge: The goal is simple and that is to score as many goals as possible in a single season in all competitions. You must also finish with a +GD in all competitions and if you are sacked at any point of the season the challenge is over and you score a 0.

Length of the Challenge: This is a one season challenge and it must be done in the first season of the game.

Team Selection: You can manage any team in any league that is available in the standard databases that come with the game.

Transfers: You can do as many or as few transfers in and out as you wish. You may not use the sugar daddy, no transfer window, no loan restrictions or any other unlockables though.

Leaderboard Score: Your score will simply be your goals scored per game rate which can be found in Manager Profile and then click View and Percentages.

So as an example if you score 122 goals in 60 games and you had a + GD as well your score would be 2.03GpG.

Proof: To be eligible for the leaderboard you must post proof that you followed the rules and of your score. This is best done as a career thread with screenshots of your transfers, some player profiles (eg top scorer) and manager profile at the very least.

Rules: You must use a vanilla DB with no edits at all, no IGE or PGE, no unlockables although coaching badge and reputation can be whatever you wish, no reloading or cheating in any way.

Leaderboard

@GianniVesparinni - Ajax - 4.07 GpG

@RichDave32 - Man City - 3.88 GpG

@Jsavfc - PSG - 3.71 GpG

@Ian - Man City - 3.66 GpG
@Foxy - Celtic - 3.62 GpG

@Ian - Real Madrid - 3.58 GpG

@Rob - Barcelona - 3.47 GpG

@Rob - PSG - 3.46 GpG

@Titjes - Barcelona - 3.37 GpG

@Kanegan - 3.31 GpG

@Anthonylfc - PSG - 3.25 GpG

@gunnersaur - Juventus - 3.10 GpG

Have fun.

25 minutes ago, Foxy said:

You mean like @Ian has done with the Liverpool Front Three?

I’m going to put the score I get at Real for Goal 2 as my first entry onto this.

21 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Not for long 😉 

Sounds like I won’t be top of the board for much longer haha. I continued my last attempt on for another season for fun and it went well but I had a horrible experience and it involves that Gündogan victory challenge that I’m determined to complete at some point.

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Sounds like I won’t be top of the board for much longer haha.

@BatiGoal will just be bluffing and he is probably just sat on his sun lounger at home crying over his phone at yet another failed attempt to beat his personal best.

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

Sounds like I won’t be top of the board for much longer haha.

Don't worry about it. I'm just trying to beat my PB, will need miracles to top the board. Don't see it happening. 

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't worry about it. I'm just trying to beat my PB, will need miracles to top the board. Don't see it happening. 

You should do what I do and just settle for mediocrity as it’s so much more liberating.

9 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Just give your assistant the job. He’ll get you 600+ points

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

You should do what I do and just settle for mediocrity as it’s so much more liberating.

Like yourself and @samhardy? You may be right. 😂

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Just give your assistant the job. He’ll get you 600+ points

I might give him the challenge above first as his next assignment 👍 

20 hours ago, Foxy said:

If your score is mediocre then I wonder what mine is :')

8 hours ago, broodje kip said:

4BF79FA2-AB7D-4B79-9115-968677A494CD.png.d660355dd5effa292b356c6765c66f16.png

This one counts? 3.59 GpG

I’m tempted to say yes as I had a 4 GpG score in that challenge but as that whole challenge was a bit mad I’m going to say no.

Any promotions gained in the VWC are eligible for the Neil Warnock challenge though.

Does this have to be season one?

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Rob said:

Does this have to be season one?

Ignore this. It aggregates every season so does need to be season one.

9 minutes ago, GianniVesparinni said:

Add me to the leaderboard. I just managed to get the same score as @Jsavfc. My Amsterdam Goal Machine did 189 goals in 51 matches, a GpG of 3,71 :) 

One of your screenshots shows you had the In game editor on which is unfortunately against the rules of the challenge. Even if you didn’t use the editor to change anything it could still be an unfair advantage as it shows you players CA.

On 10/05/2020 at 09:10, Foxy said:

no IGE

8 minutes ago, Foxy said:

One of your screenshots shows you had the In game editor on which is unfortunately against the rules of the challenge. Even if you didn’t use the editor to change anything it could still be an unfair advantage as it shows you players CA.

Yes, the IGE is standard but as you can see, never used it. But fair enough, rules are rules 😥

Oké, I'm Back :)

Just finished my (revenge) game with Ajax! No unlockables and no in game editor this time @Foxy 😉

I made some small changes in my tactics which had great effect. Changed my TM in a CF and my BBM in a CM.

The result: a goal in game average of 4,07! Sorry @Jsavfc, I take over the leaderboard. 

You can read the story here:

On 02/06/2020 at 10:01, GianniVesparinni said:

Oké, I'm Back :)

Just finished my (revenge) game with Ajax! No unlockables and no in game editor this time @Foxy 😉

I made some small changes in my tactics which had great effect. Changed my TM in a CF and my BBM in a CM.

The result: a goal in game average of 4,07! Sorry @Jsavfc, I take over the leaderboard. 

You can read the story here:

@Foxy You've missed my attempt also in the list :)