Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help What do you do to improve your 2nd half?

Hi all,

I need a bit of help as I am still in the learning process. So say it is half time and the score is 0-0 or I am losing 0-1, what should I be looking for, either on the pitch or on the overview to determine what changes I would need to make to my tactical instruction for my 2nd half?

I know for sure my formation and role are ok so no changes need to be made and therefore I will not write it out.

The area I am unsure about:

- Team mentality: Attacking (default on all games)

- Width: Balanced (default on all games)

- Tempo: Normal (default on all games)

- Defensive line: Balanced (default on all games)

- Closing down: Own half (default on all games)

So on most games I will win but on slightly tougher opposition I will draw or lose. 

Please do not suggest me to try out each option by reloading the game. It's kinda cheating for me.

Edited by Hieberflab
accidently pressed enter to submit

How do you go about with subs? Keep an eye out on player fitness, if your attackers are on 65ish%, and the opposition bring on fresh defenders you will struggle. 

If i am losing/drawing a game I think i should be winning, at around the 65 minute mark, I bring on a fresh attacker, change mentality to overload, close down all over and shoot on sight. 
Sometimes it helps grab a goal, other times it leaves me open to concede again. 

So on most games I will win but on slightly tougher opposition I will draw or lose. 

Edit - I dont think struggling against tougher opposition is something to worry about, if you win the games you 'should' win anything else is a bonus. 

Take Liverpool v Norwich for example, a very strong team v weaker opposition. There isnt much Norwich can do to get a result, if they do its a bonus. Norwich fans wouldn't worry too much if they go onto lose that game, however for Liverpool fans its a 'should' win game and any other result is poor. 

Edited by Jsavfc

If I'm chasing a goal, I push everything up on the Defence tab - so High line, All Over pressing, Committed tackling and Offside Trap. It's risky of course but the idea is to pressure the opposition and keep the game as close to their goal as possible.

I used to flick on Early Crosses and Shoot on Sight too, but I don't bother much with that these days.

Oh and personally, I haven't found Overload to be very effective.

Edited by Mr Tree
6 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

oh and personally, I haven't found Overload to be very effective.

I have

I play with 433, small team, overload have done wonders for me after I've actually criticize it recently. I push my defense high up, shoot more, Narrowed or normal width, Longpass, 80percent time I score 90th minutes winner,

Screenshot_20200510-085455.png

Edited by Don-x
Screenshot
7 hours ago, Hieberflab said:

Hi all,

I need a bit of help as I am still in the learning process. So say it is half time and the score is 0-0 or I am losing 0-1, what should I be looking for, either on the pitch or on the overview to determine what changes I would need to make to my tactical instruction for my 2nd half?

I know for sure my formation and role are ok so no changes need to be made and therefore I will not write it out.

The area I am unsure about:

- Team mentality: Attacking (default on all games)

- Width: Balanced (default on all games)

- Tempo: Normal (default on all games)

- Defensive line: Balanced (default on all games)

- Closing down: Own half (default on all games)

Please do not suggest me to try out each option by reloading the game. It's kinda cheating for me.

Sometimes you have to change tactics, roles and formation, I tweaked tactics a lot especially when my opponent are not defending too deep, I try Attacking more, work into box, shoot more only if I have the right striker, most importantly counter my opponent regardless of how defensive they are, because I will be defensive too, allowing them to come out, Substitute can help balance your team fitness or under performing player or change formation or overload with fresh Attackers. Counter Attack while losing 1-0 is not a bad idea, It has worked for me against spurs, Liverpool on second or third season in the cup, they knocked us out of cup but we Revenge using the above strategy, against arsenal it didn't work early on, after going down 1-0 I went attacking and we scored 4 goals out of surprise while arsenal are dominant or scored late on. Second time we meet arsenal same season, we try Attacking it just didn't work, losing 1-0 but counter Attack Longpass level the score and we won on shootout. 

So your change should occur when your opponent are dominant in creating key chances.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply guys. So I will post my tactic after all. This tactic is the one I have been using since Season 1. I sort of perfected it after reloading the same game many time (1 weak and 1 strong) to see what the result is.

Tactic

fullsizeoutput_5d7.thumb.jpeg.4bd3c4f178542a88a3d0235b77d08d63.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5d8.thumb.jpeg.311f704c36c062a4ee905817f87814e3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5d9.thumb.jpeg.adde6dd72d5af603241b78c6b1c407fb.jpeg

Example of a good match

So this is one of many matches in which I had no major concern in the negative section.

fullsizeoutput_5d4.thumb.jpeg.13481b21eb00f22f015952e011bb0fce.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5d5.thumb.jpeg.8f3fed02eac1ca82129913d90accc051.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5d6.thumb.jpeg.799c3bd90dfd5b7d53b51ab2e3fb52ad.jpeg

Example of a bad game

fullsizeoutput_582.thumb.jpeg.e8bbf01cb5a90d33348404b5d4c49061.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5cf.thumb.jpeg.16e840093e4a10fed49cc1806fa54b68.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5a8.thumb.jpeg.5c0555eb30fb9a1b60df931b57b925ab.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_59c.thumb.jpeg.07b6b503aa67555dd718f5368c4b4e80.jpeg

So the above is one of my many matches in which my team struggles to score. Other negatives in other matches includes:

- Lone striker struggled to get into the game

- Striker struggled to win aerial duel - dunno why i get this one. Aubameyang has 16 in aerial

- Lack of goal threat from attacking midfielder

I have always played with the same role, formation and instruction for 2 season and at least 80% of those games I got "No major concerns to report".

Regards,

Hieberflab

Edited by Hieberflab

Not a fan of Expressive, not a fan of two BPD's (maybe that's making you a little vulnerable defensively?), and not sure if Run at Defence might be contradicting Work into Box (you might want little balls to be slipped through but they're not doing it). There was a big discussion on here last year about whether instructions are worthwhile with quality players - maybe just leave them to decide what's best. I didn't have instructions as my bees team rose to the top, but now that we're very dominant I have wing backs, look for overlap, and work into box, looking to get high-quality chances. Just food for thought, I'm certainly not elite myself (trying to work out what else I can do, will be updating my career in the next few days looking for suggestions :) )