Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob’s Threesome: Jeremy Rogers Fabio - Cancelled

Rob

Nice start and some nice transfers. I remember Max Aarons from my Norwich save and he seems like he’ll turn into a great player in a few years. That reminds me, I better write the end part to that little career up actually haha.

I usually go your way regarding the playing time but I would prioritise the easier home games and if they are scoring well in a game I’ll often leave them on to try and get a few more goals and then just give them less time on the next game. I base everything on when players get slightly tired or jaded as in if they’re slightly tired I’ll try and take them off earlier as I don’t or very rarely play them when they become jaded. It’s the same for the other players too, all based on tiredness in the happiness section on the players screen for me.

It's a really great start from the lads. With the way their attributes have gone up, next season will be a blast for them. As for game time, I leave that for the 'masters'. I might learn a thing or two myself 

Great score mate.

Their attributes went up rapidly especially Silva 😯. He didn’t turns up like that in my save. Could be probably because of my weak league and early UCL exit? Rogers seems more than what I expected to be. And why are you using the March database?

Thanks guys.

@broodje kip I used the November DB because... I don’t really know? Habit and familiarity, I guess. There is nothing more than that. As for why Silva has improved I always get training facilities improved to maximum as soon as possible and set a mentor early on, as well as setting the strikers on aerial and target man.  For info, I’m on season 8 now and I still can’t get youth facilities maximised and Silva is still sitting at 19 for shooting!  

It seems most of us use the same process with player time which makes me feel a bit better. Apologies if anyone already has, but I’d be mildly fascinated to write an article of a little study of this, but there are so many other factors such as other player injuries for both us and them that would affect it. 

Great start mate.

Another factor for playing time which is an occasional spanner in the works is an opposition red card. For eg your players have performed well and you want to sub them in preparation for the next game but the opposition are down to ten men. Most of the time this causes me to change tack and leave them on, perhaps freshen legs up in other areas. The frustration is when it doesn’t get you any further goals. 

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

Great start mate.

Another factor for playing time which is an occasional spanner in the works is an opposition red card. For eg your players have performed well and you want to sub them in preparation for the next game but the opposition are down to ten men. Most of the time this causes me to change tack and leave them on, perhaps freshen legs up in other areas. The frustration is when it doesn’t get you any further goals. 

Thanks. In your experience do you find this gets you many goals?

I also try and not sub all three at the same point. If Silva is at 81 and Doku at 85 I’ll sub Silva and move Doku in to the main role.

On 17/05/2020 at 20:36, Rob said:

is it better to play them for 90 minutes in a home game and then 70 minutes in an away game? Or should you factor the standard of the opposition in more?

It happens quite often that my striker scores one goal in an easy home game and a hattrick in a tricky away one. So I just play him whenever he's fit to play. The only thing I do now that I couldn't in the past is rest him for games when there's too many in short period of time. So rather than playing two games on under 90%, I rest one and play the other. 

For 1 season challenges I tend to go low intensity training during busy periods to "increase" rest time. 

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

It happens quite often that my striker scores one goal in an easy home game and a hattrick in a tricky away one. So I just play him whenever he's fit to play. The only thing I do now that I couldn't in the past is rest him for games when there's too many in short period of time. So rather than playing two games on under 90%, I rest one and play the other. 

For 1 season challenges I tend to go low intensity training during busy periods to "increase" rest time. 

Do you find the low intensity helps a lot?

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Do you find the low intensity helps a lot?

It does. It takes approx 2-3 days to get fully fit, right in time for the next game. Downside, there's no skill improvement so they may not perform as well as they're used to. But that's hard to check I think, so low intensity for a couple weeks won't stagnate development too much I think. I suppose it's the price one pays for rest and game time. 

22 hours ago, Rob said:

Thanks. In your experience do you find this gets you many goals?

I also try and not sub all three at the same point. If Silva is at 81 and Doku at 85 I’ll sub Silva and move Doku in to the main role.

Very hit and miss. I tend to stick with my original substitution strategy rather than go with the temptation of leaving my key players on. In my experience I have left them on the field too many times for little or no returns, and then they have to miss the next game to regain match fitness. 

Season Two

84 goals scored for our kiddos in the opener, so could we beat that in season two? 

In short, yes! They got 105 between them. I’m looking for a 110 average in this challenge and at the moment we are at a 95 goal average, with good progress on the DTs too. 

EBBABD3E-1B91-4062-B0F2-B2862F955571.jpeg.3d0f1d15f42b5acce8eba4d8f1fa6dc9.jpeg

Saul was the first of my main players to throw a hissy and want to leave, which is frustrating.  SMS came in on a transfer fee plus sell-on deal.  I tend to try and do that, then when I want to sell the players I  transfer list them and then include them as a player exchange in a future transfer. That way I never pay full price nor do I usually have to pay a sell-on fee.  It doesn’t always work, mind you, and can be a little catastrophic. It’s like buying your first car and then regularly trading it in. 

Screenshots here:

Spoiler

E7F0E8FA-F879-4C99-99F3-4297A224BB6D.thumb.jpeg.ccdad39406bb9fd8f79ba67daa359695.jpegFFA3F7E3-CC29-4348-B9E3-C57832E4C0EB.thumb.jpeg.c76c28008ac1c68ee5b8f762f5f492d8.jpeg690C6F80-BC2D-4624-BAD5-9C5B626BF343.thumb.jpeg.25f5f8634613742a53a208e3a858dcca.jpeg0B4516D2-911D-468A-B947-A952A5769957.thumb.jpeg.077d3a29cc2e78fc68df4b11353b12f3.jpeg0EC7C61B-3A1F-4D6E-A524-A5B91047D8E0.thumb.jpeg.25d5aa471d784d8709fa1ef90f13f5fe.jpeg5A6612D5-717F-4055-800C-E073519D1F64.thumb.jpeg.8354383fa245381706257551a16dae29.jpeg86F7926B-04A9-4558-8E55-8383F63C963A.thumb.jpeg.c13299ddd3709a4238a4f18523da821c.jpegDE4FB78C-0F8E-44A7-B4A7-49DCD72EEA5B.thumb.jpeg.948d6b1ff586de6612c91c1a6436049e.jpeg9266ADB5-9CC8-45DB-95B6-1E4DBF0ABA79.thumb.jpeg.ff61c544cad40f269d12d9059456fa69.jpeg

Thanks for reading!

The three are developing really nicely. Doku is clearly the lesser talented of the group but given time he'll turn into a top player as well. Reaching tasty numbers already. Can't wait to see where this is going. 

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Looking good Roberto, the lads have developed well even after 2 seasons.

Nicely job so far 👍

Thanks Mr Woody and Bati.

Nice season. Hope Doku could develop slightly faster.

7 hours ago, Rob said:

It’s like buying your first car and then regularly trading it in. 

It’s the best way of doing it

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Nice season. Hope Doku could develop slightly faster.

It’s the best way of doing it

Thanks sandwich.

They doing very well so far. I also often add a sell on clause as going to 50% really does significantly lower what you have to pay I find.

The other day I said I rarely ever play players that are jaded, well I lied. I’m doing a save now with youngsters and they get jaded so easily so have no choice but to often send them on jaded. What I meant was when they’re older say 24+ and hopefully with good stamina I rarely if ever play them jaded.

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

How do you find stamina improves as they age? 

Seems to me like there’s a point at where youngsters regardless of stamina seem to improve when it comes to jadedness. It seems to be between about 20-23 I’ve found but it can almost be like an overnight thing sometimes. Stamina as an attribute helps both youngsters and older guys but there’s still a massive difference between every player when they’re 18 to when they’re 25 regardless of stamina I’ve found anyway. Suppose it’s to be expected as younger players generally won’t be as robust physically but it’s not always the case and I personally would prefer it if youngsters were a just a touch more robust as it can be frustrating with them until they’re older.

Season... the end

So I have subsequently learnt that DTs and TTs only count if all three players are playing in the top line. As I set out early on, Rogers is playing in the T role in the second line.

It’s a little bit frustrating, but I see no point continuing if I can’t achieve what I want to, which is what I felt like we were on our way towards, as a multi-year career is a fair bit of effort as anyone who has done them will attest to.

Something different will be coming soon that will more than likely be more interesting anyway. 

Thanks for reading!

I’m gutted for you that this has ended without you reaching your goal just because some excessively good looking canine mentioned a rule of the challenge :(

Hopefully whatever you have planned next though will be good fun.

25 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Is it? I thought strikerless also counts?

Sadly my attempt wouldn’t count 😢

9 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I’m gutted for you that this has ended without you reaching your goal just because some excessively good looking canine mentioned a rule of the challenge :(

Hopefully whatever you have planned next though will be good fun.

Nice and modest 🤣

3 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Bad luck mate. The rules, you live by it and die by it. Good luck for your next career. 

Yeah, it’s annoying cos I’ve since tested it with Rogers in the top line Treq position and it’s no where near as good 🤣

This is something I’ve thought about recently as I have a system I like for three players but one is in the AM position so wouldn’t count for TT.

It’s the work you’ve put into this though that you can’t get back. Must be frustrating.