Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM2021 Wishlist and Discussion

It will be interesting to see if the pandemic and the changes in the football season will delay Football Manager 2021 but either way you can use this thread to chat about the game and what you would like to see added, taken away, fixed etc...

I really hope the “needs to mature to improve” gets a real improvement. It’s so inconsistent. Sometimes players seems to upgrade slowly but there’s a time they just won’t go up a bit

Some sort of Toggleable 3D match engine for the EME 🙏

I want it don’t to be more realistic and have press conferences.

😉

More player roles .... Ramadeuter , Mezzala ,Complete Wingback etc

I'd be delighted if we got all the roles from the PC version ... Unlikely though 

Maybe more options on the tactics screen too would be nice

Edited by gunnersaur

Perfect FM (for me that is):

+ Parent/feeder clubs

+ More detailed work permits / league rules (and getting second nationality after the required amount of time)

+ Adding/removing leagues after starting a save

+ More selectable leagues when playing a in-game challenge

+ Better rating system for players (not league based but worldwide based)

+ Ability to retrain loaned players

+ Ability to instruct some players on specified training instead of all or none

+ Extra in-game challenges

What I don't want to see:

- Press conferences

- Player's agents and the hassle of contract negotiations

- More detailed training

- More player interaction

- Opponent instructions 

- Team talks, meetings

In general I just want to dictate every player what to do with no interaction at all 😜

4 minutes ago, Dagion said:

+ Ability to retrain loaned players

This one is possible. You can access it through training page. I’ve done this wuite frequently when managing lower league

Obviously it remains to be seen how everything will be resolved, but if I were SI I think I'd release an "as if nothing happened" version for the 20/21 season - there may end up being some inaccuracies, but it's just a game... I wouldn't bend over backwards distorting the calendar.

Having tried to helpfully monitor bugs (and grown disheartened by the project), they really need to provide a better system for reporting bugs. Personally, I just want to play and enjoy, so I can never be bothered with the fiddly requirements for submitting an issue. If there were some way to report bugs within the game, yeah it might lead to an increased workload on SI's side for a while for one or two people, cos we all know that all sorts of nonsense gets labelled as a "bug", but they'd be able to filter out the nonsense easily enough on their side and ultimately, it would lead to a better product.

Otherwise I think transfers and contracts need improving - on my Brentford save, I'm losing players that would be "club legends" totally inexplicably, despite being mega-rich. And I've got a reserve striker who I want to move on, the rest of Europe would love to have him, but I can't shift him. His contract's rich but not OTT and he's quality, so he's worth it. It's stupid. And there seems to be some artificial limit on how many players you can loan out, because at some point the offers just stop, which is frustrating - most of my quality youngsters are loaned out, but I'm sitting on four decent left-backs who are now not developing.

Two quick extras - I'd add something somewhere (general info or club stats) showing "squad value", the total of all your players values. Just think it'd be interesting.

And head-to-head records. I know that details of results aren't retained once a new season starts, although maybe there are possibilities because the previews of games against your derby rivals refer to how many of the previous meetings you've won... But yeah, in my bees save, we've had fun rivalries with Barcelona and P$G over the years, and I'd love to refer to the old results, see if I'm starting to come out on top, etc. Or I could keep track of how much I've been pounding F*lham, etc...

I would love to have more asian/african leagues. Malaysian especially 

I would like to see south American leagues, that's the only thing it's missing in fmm, overall I think the game it's awsome for mobile version. They could possibly add more 1 or 2 European leagues like Ukraine or Switzerland. And we should be able to set the friendly games as we wish. 

Edited by Belhote

There isnt much personally id like to see them add - too much would be overkill in my opinion. 

Having said that, there is a few things id like to see going forward;

• Revised Training - ability to change one/two players focus without having to be in charge of the whole lot
  • Set piece instructions - long/short distance etc. I want my best free kick taker (striker) taking short ones, but in the box for long)
  • Ability to add leagues when in a game (would be a bonus, not the bee all and end all)
  • Being able to control what friendlies we play - If i manage in the lower league, id like to set up games against the big sides - get some more revenue through the door. 

Im sure there is a few more but those are my main ones I reckon. 

Potentially a wild suggestion but considering we don't know what the future holds due to the virus I did have a small idea. 

Obviously we don't know what the future holds for football as it stands, thankfully it seems to be starting again but we don't know what the future will hold as another big out break in a few months and we're back to square one. Then you have the impact it'll have on the transfer window and league structure  

Then we dunno how much of FMM is built remotely compared to in offices and the like. SI Towers is a thing right? Any way they need to safely make the game, test the game and offer after launch support and we don't know if this will be safe to do. 

So I'd suggest cancelling 2021 but offering a small DLC update for 2020, basically a team update and maybe anything they have done, for like £5-6. Then make 2022 a big event release. Especially as we dunno how football will look or if releasing a game now is feesable, even if the current situation has delayed the game 2 months we're looking at a January or later release potentially.g

Even things like games rating boards are shut/lower capacity meaning delays are likely across gaming. 

If not we'll potentially get a Fifa style squad update and be disappointed. Lower those expectations for this year is my warning. 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

So I'd suggest cancelling 2021 but offering a small DLC update for 2020, basically a team update and maybe anything they have done, for like £5-6

Please don’t be EA 😣

I've been playing alot of cm 01/02 on my mobile during lockdown. Considering it's nearly 20 years old, it has quite a few features that should be in fmm. More options for scouts, more tactical options (remember wibwob?) and just more subtle realism. For example a player recalled from a loan won't turn up in your squad until the next day, not immediately like fmm. 

Plus more notifications of records. Like games won in a row or without defeat. 

Edited by Guest

I know this may seem like a long shot but an online career like in PC FM would bring FMM back to life for me. Don't get too much enjoyment from playing offline anymore.

Just started a new game up and immediately thought of something I'd like to see in the game. 

Being able to filter staff by preferred formation

Being able to filter players by personality (not as important) 

What about contracts?  When we offer contracts to players, i feel we should be able to offer something like a bonus for every 5 goals scored? I would offer players more on that compared to offering a release clause 

1 hour ago, Jsavfc said:

Just started a new game up and immediately thought of something I'd like to see in the game. 

Being able to filter staff by preferred formation

Being able to filter players by personality (not as important) 

In general filtering could be better. I'd like to see an option to fill in age or value with your own input instead of preset ones.

On 18/05/2020 at 10:11, Ashez said:

So I'd suggest cancelling 2021 but offering a small DLC update for 2020, basically a team update and maybe anything they have done, for like £5-6. Then make 2022 a big event release.

6 quid to unlock some all new brand spanking new state of the art bugs 😕

SI can’t get a normal release right never mind a “big event” one. I’m not sure there will be an FMM21 either but I wouldn’t expect anything special for 22.

I'm not even talking tactical improvements, player roles, set pieces etc anymore. 

For the next FMM I'd settle for a smarter AI, which includes:

• Smarter transfers dealings - buys & sales, as in knowing what reinforcements the squad needs or doesn't need and for what price. 
  • Smarter squad management - being able to keep a balanced squad, specifically in terms of age, positions and talent.
  • Smarter player management - a better understanding of playing (un)fit players, overplaying players and players in their best/most effective player role. 
  • More tactical awareness - being able to identify the strongest team rather than the best 11 individuals who often end up playing in wrong positions. 
  • A more diverse database of AI managers - specifically in terms of their preferred formation / playing style.

I think this would significantly improve my FMM experience. 

I really hope they fix this one. International games and club games only one days apart.

26DA9DBF-7823-4368-AB55-5F6008997211.thumb.png.d6dff7a90dd39cf9157a1e6282a79588.png

Currently with only 1 starter available. Also a sneak peak of what’s happening in my current career 👀👀

3 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I really hope they fix this one. International games and club games only one days apart.

26DA9DBF-7823-4368-AB55-5F6008997211.thumb.png.d6dff7a90dd39cf9157a1e6282a79588.png

Currently with only 1 starter available. Also a sneak peak of what’s happening in my current career 👀👀

That's just buggy sloppiness around the winter world cup... Stupid but, hopefully easily fixed :)

3D match engine would be nice, but let's be honest it will be very unlikely. 

I feel like we definitely need an option to accept a job offer, and join the new club at the end of the season. Especially now there is not something like a manager contract in the mobile version, there are only about 2 jobs available in the summer break. It's really hard to finish the season with a club you're currently managing and then find a new club for next year. A "join club at the end of the season" option would be very helpful.

I feel like being able to customize yourself better can be great especially doing things like selecting your date of birth, preferred formation,second nationality (if you want one) and even Language(s) spoken can also be decent.

I know not many people play My Club mode but having done a save a few times I think some improvements might be good.

1. Being able to change your team's kit every season (might also work for Career) because sometimes when doing a one club save playing with the same kit for 20+ seasons becomes monotonous and boring.

2. The ability to customize your club's stadium name.

3. The choice of changing your local rivals and even naming your own derby might be good also(it's your club isn't it🤷🏾‍♂️)

4. Changing your team's nickname might be good also.

*Individual players instructions*

Not loads just a few to start with, would be a great move in the right direction.

• being able to another youth acamedeys and younger youth teams like u12 to 
  • In my club make yourself and the rest of the club so i saying i put myself in Leeds 
  • to be able to scout all around the world for your youth acamedey and rising stars 
  •