Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Danish’s Great Tac: Krist the duct tape

Due to popular demand I’ve decided to post the tactic that I used on my previous save.

Roles chosen, Mentality, Width, Tempo and Creativity.

EACC96F1-1F7D-4DF9-AA59-95E4741DD771.thumb.png.11e418d37bb23d1dd0761715f035374c.png

I’ll tell why I chose the roles amd example of players that suits the roles.

G: could try to use SK to but I’m going for a little bit less risk here. e.g. Onana, de Gea, Oblak

CD: the classic defender we all used. Also another reason of less risk. e.g. Acerbi, Romagnoli, Bastoni

S: I actually rarely use this one but I’ve seen that they seems to get higher rating and also conceded less goals than CD-CD partnership. The attributes seems like positioning and pace are more important than tackling. e.g. Konate, Akanji, Gomez

IWB: I have to cover the void left by the BBM so this guys does the right job. Must’ve midfield like attribute. e.g. Trent Arnold, Davies, Hakimi

BBM: due to the striker were Isolated, I need players to cover him at the back or at least outside of the box. BBM will hid the striker’s flaws. e.g. Brozovic, Goretzka, McTominay

AP: The main source of creativity on our team. They’ll get out of man marks and feed either the winger or the striker. The most important players on our team. Balanced attack and defence attributes recommended. e.g. Pellegrini, van de Beek, Zaniolo

W: no explanation needed. The most overpowered role in FMM imo. The main feeder of the striker. e.g. Gonzalo Martinez, Kluivert, Under

TM: Hard choice. Tried P but they isolated to much and caught offside a lot. Tried AF to but they seems to need someone at either AML/AMC/AMR to build up the attack or they’ll go out of position. A complete forward would do the best. e.g. Schick, Fullkrug, Ronaldo

Thanks to @Scratch’s test that shown WBs and IWBs being less attacking and took less crosses with the Defensive mentality. Which gave advantage for the Wingers to do their job.

Defence Setup

79750335-FCAE-463C-9B57-F3DE8C044C38.thumb.png.23ef3a6c00cbc887364a23e0cb982899.png

Not much special as I’m not really wise in defending so I just use a setup that most people did.

Attack setup

3DB6C52F-C231-4851-9177-3EC8C1B6A398.thumb.png.ee096435916a9da837a61b6cb3b6a9d6.png

Work Into the box to prevent the BBM to steal that much goals. Run at defence is to prevent the through ball. They seems to kick so hard for the striker to even catch the ball so we have to prevent them.

short so that we control the game to have more possessions and create more chance.

mixed focus to give the opponents no chance to easily read our game and counter it.

mixed GK distribution is to make sure the GK wouldn’t need to get blame for our mistake.

Result

This one is from one of my career:

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Looks interesting! 

Can we see some results from this tactic?

My results is from that career ;) 

I started a new game as Newcastle, with Sugar Daddy on to have a bit of fun.

Overhauled my squad and bought in players to match the tactic, but I'm afraid it isn't working for me.

15 games in and I'm sitting in 8th, getting a lot of 0-0 draws.

24 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

I started a new game as Newcastle, with Sugar Daddy on to have a bit of fun.

Overhauled my squad and bought in players to match the tactic, but I'm afraid it isn't working for me.

15 games in and I'm sitting in 8th, getting a lot of 0-0 draws.

How’s your team looks like? Probably cause it’s still new and I’ve been playing in the Dutch League at first season

I’ll run a test also with Newcastle and Sugar Daddy to find the problem

Edited by broodje kip

Here's the team. As you can see, pretty much overhauled the team to suit, within reason!

Shame as I really really enjoy unorthodox formations and setups, but even 10 games in you get a good hang on how the tactic performs and sadly it feels like it's lacking something.

I've tested tactics before and after 10 games you just know, sitting within the top 3 for example.

Would be more than willing to give it another go.

41 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Here's the team. As you can see, pretty much overhauled the team to suit, within reason!

Shame as I really really enjoy unorthodox formations and setups, but even 10 games in you get a good hang on how the tactic performs and sadly it feels like it's lacking something.

I've tested tactics before and after 10 games you just know, sitting within the top 3 for example.

Would be more than willing to give it another go.

I’m sorry but I can’t see any picture. Btw here’s my attempt after 10 games.

I did the same by using Sugar Daddy

Bought in Lukaku, Cillessen, Acuña, Brozovic, Papastathopoulos and Sissoko.

1392CBAD-E7D2-49AD-9990-CC557DAA11B2.thumb.png.7c45702c70f8d703d65c3100242caa2b.png

Dubravka seems wuite leaky so I decided to get new GK

AF56B6D6-C078-43D9-8353-A3831FEE72CF.thumb.png.ac2034bbe4a0e890b26520473b719a85.png

As you can see Lukaku scored the most goals and he didn’t play all 10 games

1093D8D7-DB31-4859-AE0B-8CBF36013D40.thumb.png.dff2c8d6cb14b4a611565bcd6e1236f3.png

Saint-Maximin is the top assist with 4 and I found pacey wingers seems to work better where Acuna were the less pacey on the left side doesn’t get as much assist

Can you show your lineup and transfers? That’s great results but frustrating that it didn’t work for me!

What stats do you use for each position? 

3 hours ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Can you show your lineup and transfers? That’s great results but frustrating that it didn’t work for me!

What stats do you use for each position? 

Both CD and S I prefer someone with higher tackling than what most CD in the league has which in this case Vestegaard and Sokratis got 17 and 20.

IWB are not my real prioritiy as I  used Rose and Yedlin there

BBM mostly needs to be good one at least one of them are good. Someone with higher tackling would be great and of course stamina and passing.

Pacy winger and good crossing

Strong and high aerial with decent pace TM

My lineup:

0E453097-07F3-49E8-8B26-B190E3BE8AEE.thumb.png.95bdb6c6b5b28db75f788cc4c4dc8330.png

Transfer

E7D175F7-2024-4E03-86D0-3809DA6EAE15.thumb.png.f7ca5601fd670cb43d1e7d0729de7c73.png

1 minute ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Hmmmm strange.

This was my lineup - not bad really, I made sure I purchased properly.

062639C0-5AB2-483B-8949-89E0314D08FB.png

Hmm not sure what went wrong for you. Perhaps could try push one wing up and probably a new GK?

6 hours ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Hmmmm strange.

This was my lineup - not bad really, I made sure I purchased properly.

062639C0-5AB2-483B-8949-89E0314D08FB.png

Good lineup that.

How does your TM do in this formation, I find it very hard to get goals using a TM, I Always end up using a CP in every formation I use, or a Poacher, can't get used to TM or any advanced role? what type of play is needed to get the bet out of a TM, direct play or Short?

Unfortunately I can’t get a GK, it’s past the deadline and I’ve no money left after rebuilding my squad. Damn shame it didn’t work!!

2 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

How does your TM do in this formation, I find it very hard to get goals using a TM, I Always end up using a CP in every formation I use, or a Poacher, can't get used to TM or any advanced role? what type of play is needed to get the bet out of a TM, direct play or Short?

I tend to see better results when using a TM if you put early crosses on with a direct style. Your crossers need good stats of course and the TM needs good aerial ability. I don't really use them but when I have they can be very effective.