Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Vibe's Favorites

Kanegan

Careers are the bread and butter of this community. I mean who doesn't like checking other people's careers and gets an itch to just pick up the game and start playing. I have done it multiple times.

So, with that in mind i thought i would run a topic where people can post their choice of 5 best careers from any edition of the game and why they thought it was worth a read. A link, if possible would be appreciated. You can both post your own as well as others. I joined this site only in 2018 with FMM 2018 being my 1st game so i have never read any careers before 2018.

With that being said, I would start with my 5:

1. Moise Kean 2KC by @Ian (FMM 2019)

Undoubtedly one of my favorites, who would have thought about Italy as the location of goalscoring challenges but Ian broke the misconception about Italy and took Moise Kean to a fascinating 2K.

2.  Smog in Madrid by @smoggy90 (FMM 2019)

Another beast of a career. Smog took over Real Madrid and his list of achievements were immense, a TT, 1K+1.5K with Rashford and his son and the crown jewel of all, Foden's 1K assists. All in all, a massive massive career.

3. Myth in China - Scoring with a goalie by @Kun Aguero (FMM 2020)

Scoring over 300 goals with a goalie?? Kun showed us how it is to be done taking over the Rogerio Ceni challenge and posting a score which would take forever to topple. 

4. Strikerless 1KC attempt by @Rob (FMM 2019)

The career which got me into strikerless. Rob creates a fantastic impression getting the young Joao Felix to 1300 goals.

5. Every Threesome needs a Woody by @Foxy, @Woody, @Rob (FMM 2018)

The best collaborative career i have ever read so far. The threesome between the three animals of Vibe was a treat to follow. The insane no. of goals they got from their converted wingers were absolutely magical.

So, there you have it. My top 5 favorite careers which made me love everything about the game. Post yours soon though and make this thread a success.

Thanks Kane and a great thread idea. I have a few but one in particular stands out for me not long after I joined vibe. This epic career from @Taff

I will add my others shortly but this one really was superb. 

Interesting one here’s mine:

1) Three Kings of Paris by @Nucleus (FMM 2018) 

Simply the best one that attracted me to join this fabulous community 

2) When Harry met Sané by @Nucleus (FMM 2018)

You can say I’m a fan of Big Nuke

3) Aleksandar the Great by @Foxy (FMM 2019)

Madness! 1kc with a 23 y/o striker.

4) Zaniolo Hits Strikerless 1.5K by @Kanegan (FMM 2019)

As a big fan of Nicolo, I’m honoured 

5) The Augusta Challenge: @Foxy vs @Ian 

Shame I couldn’t finish this career ‘till the end but still very interesting while I’m still there

Thanks for the mention 😃

Here are some of my favorites, with most of them from a few versions ago.

1. Around The World In 800 BatiGoals  by @BatiGoal

This one's a classic from 6 years ago, where @BatiGoal led Malcom to scoring 800 goals around the globe.

2. Pele and Rivaldo Rise Again by @Ashez and @PriZe

Back when Ashez and Prize still post careers, another classic from 5 years ago where the 2 legends of Vibe bring the son of Rivaldo and Pele to 1200 goals in Brazil.

3. The Journeyman's Pensioner by @Kanegan

One from this year's version, an insane journeyman career where @Kanegan changed a club every season while using pensioners as his main goalscorer. Love the player guessing.

4. The Class Of 14' by @S4NCH0

It's probably weird seeing a career based in Man Utd in my list, but this one's a classic in which @S4NCH0 showed us how strong "greyed-out" players can be. 

Really nice idea @Kanegan

A lot of my favourites have already been mentioned but I have a couple more to add and if I think of more I will post them.

Ashez plays the Squad Numbers Challenge - This challenge was such a simple concept and use of the new (at the time) squad number feature from @Ashez but it was great fun seeing all the old names being used.

Isak’s 2000 Goals Challenge by @PriZe - The first 2kc completed on the site.

A couple of my own careers I enjoyed.

Score One Steal One - This was a really fun save to play as it was never predictable from one game to the next which players I would take or lose.

Teutonic Treble - My first 1kc which was great but getting Goretzka to complete the Goal a Minute challenge from midfield is my favourite ever achievement on the game.

A few off of the top of my head:

@Ian‘s Kean career was just nuts. I’d not long before got a 2kc with Geubbels that Ian came along and blew out of the park. Not that I think he hates me or anything 😉

@Foxy‘s 1kc with Mitrovic. I liked the race against time aspect. He also did it without a top class striker, but a striker with attributes in the role he needed - a lesson a lot of folk could use.

@Ashez triple threat with the Brazilians. I wasn’t an active Viber for this, but I went back and read it back to front and his write-up was excellent.

@Kanegan‘s Zaniolo career. He took on my Strikerless 1kc total and beat it with aplomb.

I loved the Vibe Community Challenge we did with Spurs and the letters of the alphabet last year.

I generally find anything @smoggy90 does fascinating. I like doing off-kilter formations and he is one of the masters at it.

A nice blast from the past this, I'm always surprised by which of my careers catch the community. For example I'd completely forgot about the Pele and Rivaldo one 😂. Then Squad Numbers was alot of fun but I feel dirty about it 😂, finally @Robrecommends by far the worst career I've ever played, the results were worth it but that save broke me, oh the grind!! They're not the ones I'd personally pick from my history.

I'll have a think and post a few older ones in the coming days. 

Most of the ones from my time have been mentioned but I’ll have a think as there’ll be a few missed I’m sure.

It’s interesting for me to see the older ones from before I was active mentioned. This’ll make a nice little index this.

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

A nice blast from the past this, I'm always surprised by which of my careers catch the community. For example I'd completely forgot about the Pele and Rivaldo one 😂. Then Squad Numbers was alot of fun but I feel dirty about it 😂, finally @Robrecommends by far the worst career I've ever played, the results were worth it but that save broke me, oh the grind!! They're not the ones I'd personally pick from my history.

I'll have a think and post a few older ones in the coming days. 

Thing is, in the thread you can see that it and makes it more captivating. Your pain shines though.

19 minutes ago, Ian said:

Most of the ones from my time have been mentioned but I’ll have a think as there’ll be a few missed I’m sure.

It’s interesting for me to see the older ones from before I was active mentioned. This’ll make a nice little index this.

Good idea on the index.

Thanks for the mention Foxy! I only really got active here last season, so I can't speak to anything older, but your "score one take one" and "FC Centre Back", along with Ashez's numbers challenge and Kane's frequently hilarious Park si Jung challenge, were the careers that really caught my attention and started getting me checking the forum daily. Ian's Kean career was phenomenal - it was like an album or film released at exactly the wrong time, it deserved "Career of the Year" but the thrilling finale came just after the vote!

There's another discussion topic on the site at the moment, but the creativity and energy some of you guys put into it is very impressive and it's what keeps the site going, really :)

Edited by Mr Tree

My top 5 are 

1. Around the world in 800 Batigoals

Where @BatiGoal scored 800 goals with Malcolm 

2. MRI 3k challenge

Where @Taff scored 3000 goals between Mbappe , Rashford and Isak

3. Trees Football Factory 

Where @Mr Tree brought Brentford up and won lots using players from youth academy's

4. Thallesman 1k

Where @sammy_davids scored 1000 goals with Thalles back in 2015

5. Gunnersaur does the 5 Season Wonderkid Challenge

possibly my favourite out of the 5 where this lad called @gunnersaur signs 2 wonderkids a season and has to go and get as many points as possible.

Real 5. Moise Kean 2k

very impressive by @Ian to score 2000 goals one of my favourite careers in the past 

Thank you all for the mentions of my Kean one. I’ve got a few more nice ones that I don’t think have been mentioned.

@Rob’s Strikerless Bonanza - A brilliant achievement especially considering the players used.

@Foxy’s Around the World in 80 Games - A nice tour with a great variety of players used that ended up lasting much longer than the originally planned 80 games.

@Cockers2505’s The Impossible Challenge - One from this year. Multiple trophies won from loads of leagues and without spending a penny.

@samhardy’s Gateshead in Europe - Won the FA Cup with Gateshead in the first season and then we all followed them in Europe in the second season. Took nearly all year for Sam to write the career up with long gaps between updates and just when you thought he’d binned it off he’d show up with an update.

Plenty more to add but that’ll do for now I think.

Thanks @Mr Tree for the mention. I had completely forgotten about that.

My 1st 1KC and a strikerless one, but the thing i loved the most was my attempt at writing crazy and comedy was so well-received here.