Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Hiiro Attempts: The Amateur Challenge

Hey everyone, today, after much deliberation I decided to start a career thread that will document my time with Berço, a small Portuguese club who are in their first PT Championship season in real life, and as you may have guessed by the title, are an amateur club. I will try and get the first part out as soon as possible and hopefully I'll see you then

Screenshot_20200614-172107_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Prelude

The board regret signing me and I haven't even played a match. Recently, Nuno, the club chairman came up to me and said "Don't worry too much if you lose, as a club, we only view you as a temporary manager, someone to take the reigns while we find someone better" Like thanks Nuno, thanks for all the kind words, I've really picked a tough job here but now it's time to prove him wrong. Rui Garcia will be the next Portuguese managerial great. Mourinho who?! There's a new kid on the block.

Overview of the first few matches

Well, after observing training I've decided on my first team along with my basic tactic, Miguel, my assistant manager, tried giving me some advice but once I looked at his CV I decided to leave his judgement of the players for now and go through the squad myself. Unfortunately on Day 2 of training, the one player that me and Miguel agreed on, Ferreira, the super star at the base of the midfield, got injured... How long? 7 MONTHS, not days buit months. He now has a slipped disk and I'll have to do without for the majority of the season...

Anyway, after just over a month in charge I've played 4 league games and it couldn't have gone better. Well, it could've, but not by much. I managed to pick up 10 points from a possible 12 and I've made some transfers to help add depth and in some cases improve the first team. The results were a close 2-1 win over CD Cerveira, a 3-0 humbling of GD Brangança, a 3-3 draw which we completely and utterly dominated, and most recently a 3-1 away win over Merelinense. Pretty good for a bunch of amateurs in my opinion!

Mid-Season Review

Well, I'm half way through the season and I though that now would be a good opportunity to give you guys a mini update of sorts.

So... Here goes

The Results

1384006444_Screenshot_20200615-102545_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.2814732cdbf238adcb84b8001121fb89.jpg2032381731_Screenshot_20200615-102352_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.37b6b441830976a78464515338c53f4e.jpg

Well, it may have started well but we've dropped off recently. However, I'm still happy overall as all the teams around me in the league are professional!!!

573488323_Screenshot_20200615-102602_AndroidSystem.thumb.jpg.d2d7ce939c05913adde112effd51c80f.jpg 

I haven't won any manager of the month awards or anything like that but seeing as the only teams ahead of my are B teams, it's looking fairly promising for the future. As for transfers not much has really happened, I've signed a few players who you might see in the end of season review if they do well but I really don't think that we need to strengthen the squad as it's so young.

Well then, thank you for reading and I'll see you at the end of the season :)

15 hours ago, Ian said:

Nice enjoyable challenge this one. Sounds like you’ve started well, good luck for the rest of the first season.

Thanks Ian, it looks like I might put up a promotion challenge which should be fun

10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Interesting one. Good luck

haha, yeah, it's definitely been interesting playing against professional teams but it's really satisfying when you beat them :D