Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays "Please Don't Take My Chan" 

Ashez

Ashez Plays "Please Don't Take My Chan"

"Ladies and gentlemen please don't adjust your devices, we're interrupting your usual browsing experience to notify you that Ashez is back! That's right the ghost of Vibes past has answered the call, cracked those fingers and instructed those pesky dots for your viewing pleasure! This news post is only the beginning of a mighty adventure with plenty of twists and turns awaiting those brave and committed enough to follow me until the end. So without further ado let's get this show on the road!"

Now the introductions are out the way I'd like to welcome you to my latest career, in this thread you'll follow me on the journey of attempting my very own "Jolene, Please Don't Take My Man" challenge. A basic run down of the challenge is I'll be playing one season with Newcastle utilising Joelinton. The twist of this save is I've signed a partner for the Brazilian who'll battle match in match out for the Man Of The Match award, for every award Joelinton wins I'm docked 3 points but for everyone his rival snatches I gain 1 point. 

As it's only a one season challenge the amount of updates will be limited, I'm anticipating doing this opening post, the odd special update and obviously reviews at January and May. Originally I split my information up to do updates for every three matches but unfortunately I know I can't commit to that, I then debated monthly but I found myself putting off posting so I've finally committed to a limited amount. The fact I played this save when I posted the challenge shows my hesitation, I do want to get back into Vibe but I also don't want to promise stuff I won't deliver and letting you guys down. I was resigned to never actually sharing this career but @Kanegan's recent Vibe Favourites thread humbled and inspired me to pull my finger out lol, this won't reach those heights but it's a start! 

Anyway I'm sure you're not here to read my waffling so let's crack on with the save. 

Joelinton

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-18-55.thumb.png.71cb7885c471e14f8b37af5c84db2da3.png

I'm a big fan of the Brazilian as I've used him a few times in FMM, his Premier League struggles in real life have been a massive shame tbf. Stat wise he is your typical big man which I hope will work well in my big man, little man top two dynamic. 

Breaking News

Screenshot_2020-05-13-09-46-53.thumb.png.0e3319f577b99dd74e6bc04e9dbd4e5a.png

Hwang Hee-Chan

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-19-02.thumb.png.7470d3d92a48b2d97cb5df9649b5ea26.png

When I decided to play this challenge I knew I wanted to use a player I actually wanted to test out, and after looking around I decided on Chan after his terrific performances against Liverpool in this year's Champions League. We went on to sign Minamino but Chan was equally as impressive in those encounters. Stat wise I'm hoping his decent pace and general forward skill set will allow him to function as the "Owen" to my "Heskey" (Joelinton). 

Transfer Business
In 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-23-29.thumb.png.0e329a7ceeb7d89ce668afba5cd82a75.png

When i looked over Newcastle's base squad I decided I wanted a new bulkier midfield which saw Ntcham and Stambouli join. After that I returned to two personal favourites as Gross brought some creativity to the forward line while Stark seemed a solid partner for Lascelles. If I recall correctly I think I saw @Ianalso bring Stark to the club recently? Great minds and all that 😂

Out 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-23-35.thumb.png.c59d9f47e962a4dd4ca21f32eab9554d.png

As for the departures I have nothing much to say really as I just raised funds and cleared some deadwood. 

Formation 

Screenshot_2020-06-16-08-01-08.thumb.png.2cf559350618283f83be3bac51a0b53a.png

This was just something I put together on the spot but it follows the principles @Foxy and myself have discussed at length in our Tiki-taka and Gegenpress guides. Obviously it's been toned down a touch but we'll see how it serves me. 

As starting XIs go I don't think that's too shabby to be honest, it appears a solid back four with a functional midfield and an intriguing front line, what do you guys think? What should my ambitions be with this squad? It can't go worse than the last time I was Newcastle hey @samhardy! Yeah I beat you to it! 

I believe that brings this opening post to a end, hopefully you enjoyed the read and decide to invest yourself in this journey. I will reveal now the next update will be a very special encounter and not the typical January update! So that's something to look forward to! As always thank you for viewing and any comments will be appreciated......Oh how I've missed typing that. This feels gooooood! 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-23-42.thumb.png.f510207328fdf38e3ff22f66d78f0de3.png

Good luck with this. I tried the challenge at one time but had to abandon it midway because I read the goal of the challenge wrongly 

Good luck Ash.

I do like Stark and he did a good enough job for me at the toon. I had a think about how I’d approach this and my idea was going to be quite similar when it comes to the front three setup.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Best of luck Ash do the Geordies proud.

Im also a big fan of Joelinton and im hoping his real life struggles improve.

And from beneath the boxes of shrink-wrapped yet-to-be-opened Nintendo games our hero appears, with dusted down FMM loaded on phone.

Good luck! 

11 hours ago, shosky said:

Good luck with this. I tried the challenge at one time but had to abandon it midway because I read the goal of the challenge wrongly 

Happens to the best of us!

10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Good luck Ash

Appreciated!

9 hours ago, Ian said:

Good luck Ash.

I do like Stark and he did a good enough job for me at the toon. I had a think about how I’d approach this and my idea was going to be quite similar when it comes to the front three setup.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

It turned out an interesting save for unpredictable reasons lol

Stark has been class for a while, affordable too!

9 hours ago, Foxy said:

Does it count as being “back” if it’s just one season and then you won’t play FMM20 ever again?

Jees, you guys always wanting more, more and more 😂

As the top managers say I'm just taking each match as it comes, if it leads to more so be it but the fixture list has yet to be released 😛

9 hours ago, Woody said:

Best of luck Ash do the Geordies proud.

Im also a big fan of Joelinton and im hoping his real life struggles improve.

No pressure then 😂

6 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Good luck Ashez. I have used Chan a few times, he is quality. 

That's what I like to hear!

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Am I hallucinating this?

I'm delighted that in a hallucinating state you think of me 😍😍😍

2 hours ago, Rob said:

And from beneath the boxes of shrink-wrapped yet-to-be-opened Nintendo games our hero appears, with dusted down FMM loaded on phone.

Good luck! 

Ended up playing FMM instead of the Switch game I'm playing this morning, it's safe to say I regret that decision 😂😂😂😂

12 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Ashez is BACK, Yesssssss, looking forward to this season long career

Appreciate the continued support!!

11 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Look forward to this! Good luck Ash 👍

7 hours ago, Seth Anacondas said:

Should smash this one Ash; Joelinton did nothing for me in a 2-striker system. Hwang should be a handy player.

On paper they appear a decent partnership but FMM isn't played in paper 😂

3 hours ago, gunnersaur said:

Good luck man good to see you back should be a handy one for you 

Thanks mate :)

Ashez Plays Don't Take My Chan
Update One
Bonus Update One

Welcome back and thank you for the positive reception you guys gave the opening post. In said post i revealed I'd be posting the odd bonus update and one of which is what you guys are reading today. It just so happened the FMM gods smiled at me as the fourth fixture of the save was a tasty looking cup encounter! 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-35-58.thumb.png.ff194491f8e08bd3268e38f1f65497b6.png

That's right boys we're making an early stop at the Stadium Of Light on this adventure! The two players feeling practically cocky about this fixture are Ntcham and fortunately Joelinton so hopefully Chan can capitalise on this occurrence. The fact Sunderland will look to make this a physical encounter makes me laugh consider @samhardy is always moaning Sunderland are easy to bully!! 

Pre match Build Up

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-37-15.thumb.png.3ca3f3432e5c661e8a5318fe2b3a711e.png

The Starting Line Ups

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-37-22.thumb.png.6c997c471258ba9e40c94fd53cd5e14a.png

Players To Watch & Key Battles 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-37-33.thumb.png.859ebb6d27bbfc1d574d4feebd729f18.png

The First Half 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-38-10.thumb.png.9121c449c3bc53eb2a6a20902eb97622.png

It's safe to say the first half didn't live up to Sky Sports billing of "Terrific Tuesday" as the first halves action boils down to two wayward Newcastle United shots. Fortunately for @Woody though he was running late as always and only got to his seat for the half time whistle! Some might say he was intended to arrive in the 90th minute but the dickhead author put the tag in the wrong place and couldn't remove it thus ruining his joke. Any way 

The Second Half
First Blood - 82 Minute

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-39-24.thumb.png.2b82b32fdf71ca2e0ab07e2f10dc2129.png

Allan Saint-Maximin breaks the deadlock and Sunderland hearts as @samhardy shakes his first angrily in the rain! 0-1 to the toon!! 

Hang On! Sunderland Have Hope! 

In the dying minutes the home faithful roar for a corner! Is this the opportunity they've been waiting for?  

What's this? Goalkeeper Burge has been given the order! He races into the opposition box, could this be his moment to shine? The crowd gasp with expectation as the corner is taken......

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-39-39.thumb.png.2494b4364e5e8e151f870d311b42022c.png

Goal!!!! 

giphy.gif

The Ball Is In The Net!!!!

The Replay

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-39-45.thumb.png.516c8c367b8cfb22fd2763a3d2892760.png

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-39-53.thumb.png.68ec6867181e63654a0f7a5d06a3707e.png

Saint-Maximin emerges from the box with the ball quickly galloping towards the open net, a smart slip ball into Almiron secures the victory and progress to the next round! 

Full Time

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-40-12.thumb.png.f503692f093ba344be020dfff0dd98ff.png

Bragging Rights Are Ours! 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-10-40-34.thumb.png.42ab7cea540a3fcfd8f154617cf49489.png
With the celebrations going on into the night it's time for this bonus update to end, as always thank you for following and any comments will be appreciated! 

I was at this game and I can confirm that it didn’t play out like that at all. It was a fluky triple deflected opener and I’m not even sure how you could even award it to Saint-Maximus and the Newcastle players practically assaulted the Sunderland keeper just as he was about to head the ball in to equalise in the final minute!

A win is a win though so well done to the toon. 

I've become acquainted with this type of shithouse 5-4-1. Get players between the lines and it's like a free 3 points.

Edited by Seth Anacondas
7 hours ago, Woody said:

Get in.....a poor game buts results are all important!

I can see @samhardy trudging home with his soggy cheesy chips now. 😂

Too right!!

Sounds like guaranteed food poisoning that! Than again what dish isn't for our @samhardy!

6 hours ago, danovic78 said:

The super subs get the job done! 👍

Super subs indeed....Inspired change if I do say so myself 😛

6 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I payed Joe to score 3 and he didn’t even scores 😤. Good win btw

There's always next time ;)

6 hours ago, Ian said:

I was at this game and I can confirm that it didn’t play out like that at all. It was a fluky triple deflected opener and I’m not even sure how you could even award it to Saint-Maximus and the Newcastle players practically assaulted the Sunderland keeper just as he was about to head the ball in to equalise in the final minute!

A win is a win though so well done to the toon. 

I know right, it deflected of Max's knee, to his in-step, to his toe and amazingly found the net 😛

5 hours ago, Seth Anacondas said:

I've become acquainted with this type of shithouse 5-4-1. Get players between the lines and it's like a free 3 points.

Fancy being my assistant 😂

2 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Top game so Magpies are better then Black Cats 😃

Like it was ever in doubt 😂

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

I think I prefer it when you don’t post careers.

I'll remember that!!!!

Ashez Plays Don't Take My Chan 
Update Two
January

Right off the bat I'll sheepishly apologise for the delay, unfortunately I got a little busy so I kept putting off this update thinking it would be a big time consuming one, however having just checked the screenshots I have I've discovered that's not the case. I'm actually pretty frustrated with myself right now lol. For what it's worth a part of the delay involves FMM and potential future content I have planned so there is a slight positive out of it. I currently have some time off work though so the next few updates will be with you alot faster. 

January League Table

Screenshot_2020-05-13-16-35-25.thumb.png.c1f9ceac784d13861220e57954e4fef5.png

Would you look at that! The mighty Newcastle are leading the way at the top of the table! Although it's safe to say the AI have been kind with Liverpool not really hitting the heights you'd expect as title challenges since we've both been inconsistently consistent. However issues are also clear to see..... @samhardy knows things get wild when I have Newcastle leading the league 😂

The Main Event 
Hwang Hee-Chan Vs Joelinton

Hwang Hee-Chan
Stats

Screenshot_2020-05-13-16-34-57.thumb.png.20ff34220c734ff226f3749d4e3ab13a.png

Hmmm. Our Asian sensation hasn't seen much development which I have to admit disappoints me. While this is an off topic discussion I have to admit I think the new stat system is one of the key reasons why I've dropped off FMM. These new spreads just aren't fun, I've lost count of how many times I've loaded the game yet been unable to find someone I actual want to use. Then the training and development is complete guess work and a time sink so i just can't be arsed to "wait and see" if I'll get fun development or if the game will invent a mysterious quirk or injury to knee cap the save. Is this just my feelings or??

Results 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-16-35-02.thumb.png.418fc6b270a24c7ff0a1cfc5e4d13a38.png

9 goal involvement in 23 isn't bad at all......In real life that is but it's massively disheartening in game. Five goals will have to do at this stage though, so let's check in on Joelinton. 

Joelinton
Stats

Screenshot_2020-05-13-16-34-43.thumb.png.c0d8964dca36d833a93d59a988b516ce.png

More teddy bear than the big brute I wanted to lead the line alongside Hee-Chan. See my point though at just how underwhelming these are, like what is there to be excited about? I almost feel like FMM is a game of established stars or over hyped wonderkid at this point, there is no inbetween if you want exciting stats. 

Results 

Screenshot_2020-05-13-16-34-49.thumb.png.7fc847aff8cffffe62d047b5526a2577.png

Yeah definitely a teddy bear as his ruthlessness led to only 4 goals! I'm top the league, using two up top and they've mustered 9 goals between them in 23 matches! What the...

The First Match Of January

Screenshot_2020-05-13-22-38-11.thumb.png.987f23e2f07f530c1fc9d1bc3439b842.png

In one match at the start of the year Allan Saint-Maximin makes a mockery of my forward line! 3 goals in roughly a hour compared to my front two that have slightly more in 23 matches!! You have to love it! 

Two New Additions

Screenshot_2020-05-13-22-50-15.thumb.png.4823e19a01da689e9e7ad164ac4ca8a3.png

Screenshot_2020-05-13-22-50-51.thumb.png.169c985bec3d36125f00b4b1d57e61c2.png

I decided I wanted some more backup in the forward positions, this now means two of my former 1kc completionists are active on this save with Borja (my first) and big Andy. Wilshere also joined my ranks as a cheap yet interesting option in multiple positions. 

Wilshere Will Wilshere Though

Screenshot_2020-05-13-22-55-17.thumb.png.2d3aae42ff2d9694155a844b27362d5a.png

Well that took like a week!! Wilshere and Carroll in one team should keep The medical department busy at least!

The Current Points 

Hee-Chan - 5 Goals = +5 Points 
Joelinton - 4 Goals = - 12 Points
Current Score = -7 Points 

Well it's safe to say this has been an intriguing start!! We're hardly scoring and are in the negative points already!! Surely things can only get better from here? Right?

As always thank you for reading and any comments will be appreciated! Do you think we'll keep our grip on the title? Will Wilshere feature? Will my duo find form? Will my team score more than 38 goals in the league? Let me know!

Edited by Ashez

He didn’t really develop that impressive which I’m very surprised. I thought there would be slightly more greens.

Joe is doing just what I ordered him to. Let him to keep scoring