Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Five Season Hero Challenge

In short

• You have 5 seasons to get a player to score as many goals, or to create as many assists, as possible.
  • There will be a separate leaderboard for each, with a minimum of 300 goals and 150 assists respectively.
  • ITN goals/assists do not count. 

Background

I've been thinking about posting this challenge for a long time. I love the 1KC, but it just takes too long and there is very little challenge after the first 2 or 3 seasons (apart from scoring endless goals). This is the 'one day cricket version' of the 1KC, if you like. I was also keen to have an excuse to use strikers that would be 'too old' for a 1KC.

Rules

• The following are not allowed: editing the database; using the In Game Editor; using a scouting app or HEX; reloading or cheating in any way.
  • No Unlockables are allowed, except you may have any coaching badge and reputation you wish.
  • You must use your own tactic - it's okay to use other people's tactics as a base, but not to copy them exactly.
  • You have 5 seasons and it must be the first 5 seasons of the game.
  • You can use any team / league / level.
  • Only goals/assists under your management count.
  • ITN goals/assists do not count.
  • A minimum of 300 goals and 150 assists are required to qualify for the respective leaderboards.
  • The two leaderboards are entirely separate - you can just do the assist challenge or just the goal challenge or both at the same time.
  • Proof is required in the shape of screenshots. The best thing is to start a career thread so we can follow your progress.
  • You must state which match engine you are using (OME will be marked as such on the leaderboard).

Combinations

There are a few obvious combinations with other challenges:

• You could submit the first 5 years of a 1KC or other goal scoring / assist challenge, though most 1KC candidates are a little young and not at their peak for the first few years. 
  • You could do this at the same time as doing @Foxy's The Striker Peak Years Challenge as long as you choose a striker that qualifies for that challenge.

Goals Leaderboard

Assists Leaderboard

Edited by Scratch

Hi mate, great challenge and it works for me as I have a save going with an older striker which I was tempted to use for Foxy’s peak years challenge.
However I really wanted to combine my 4 players for that one so I will use my other save for your challenge. 
I will start a career post in the next few days. 

5 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Hi mate, great challenge and it works for me as I have a save going with an older striker which I was tempted to use for Foxy’s peak years challenge.
However I really wanted to combine my 4 players for that one so I will use my other save for your challenge. 
I will start a career post in the next few days. 

I look forward to it! You can probably do both at the same time if the player meets the age limits etc for Foxy's one. Also, I didn't say this explicitly, but there's nothing stopping people submitting past FMM20 careers that happen to meet this...

BTW, I believe you might know the player I'm using for my attempt (from back in the day). 😄

10 hours ago, Scratch said:

I look forward to it! You can probably do both at the same time if the player meets the age limits etc for Foxy's one. Also, I didn't say this explicitly, but there's nothing stopping people submitting past FMM20 careers that happen to meet this...

BTW, I believe you might know the player I'm using for my attempt (from back in the day). 😄

Interesting! I look forward to seeing who it is 😀

Alright, we have our first entrants on the leaderboard (albeit from me):

Chuba Akpom on the goal leaderboard with 373 goals and Sebastian Villa on the assists leaderboard with 233 assists.

Can I update the leaderboard please? Why yes, I can. Thanks!

Note: I'm still a bit unsure whether I should remove or reduce the minimum and whether I should add older careers to the leaderboard (Vignato got 336 assists in the first 5 seasons of my Crazy career for eg). 

I sort of want this to be a companion challenge you can do with a 1KC if you want, but at the same time it will lose a little bit of meaning if it ends up with a huge list from everyone who has done a 5 season challenge this year. 

Not quite sure how to play this, so if anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. Thanks