Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Five Season Heroes - Apkom and Villa at PAOK [Done]

9 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Massive improvement there from both boys. Impressive transfer too surely will dominate the quite weak Greek league

Thanks. And first thing I did in the offseason was start upgrading the team again! I got Onguene after a couple of years of trying and Benkovic too and still warming up. I can't help myself. But I'll end up with a team that will just decimate this league.

I think that's the real key to my success with the 2KC etc - yes my tactic is perfect for getting the striker to score most of the goals and for getting a lot of assists, but with an average team the results aren't particularly great. But when you level up that team, big numbers are going to come regardless off the tactic (though it's still important in working out where the goals/assists go). 

added 0 minutes later
8 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Brilliant season from the boys. Well done.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I'm really excited for this career for some reason. I guess it's the knowing it won't go forever part. 🙂

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Smashing season, well done. Hopefully you can keep Chuba happy but the good thing with this being a five season challenge is that you’ve got him signed up for the full duration of the challenge so can more than likely force him to stay if required. 😂

Well I got him to sign a new contract in the off season, so he's happy again, for the moment. But as you say, the lad's not going anywhere. He'll stay and see the challenge out, right to the bitter end, if that's what it comes too! 😄

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

And first thing I did in the offseason was start upgrading the team again! I got Onguene after a couple of years of trying and Benkovic too and still warming up. I can't help myself. But I'll end up with a team that will just decimate this league.

Hmm, I think I've reached the point where I can't quite attract the players that will take the team to the next level. Our defence will be more solid thanks to Onguene and Benkovic, but I've run into problems with other positions. Fati, Meier, Bellingham, Gomez, Verschaeren all turned down contracts with me. 

So it looks like I will mostly have to stick with the players from last year. They're all pretty good and most should improve a fair bit, but I was hoping to upgrade with the likes of the players above. Of course, the other options is to sign regens and I've bought a few, but I wanted to go with real players where I can. So we'll see how it turns out.

Speaking of regens though, I was looking for an improved backup striker and I came across this fellow:

image.png.46b8fa0962f95967379ac073a4709fd1.png

His first season in the game. Potential to improve a lot in the future. Disappointed to be transfer listed. What's a manager to do?

Massive results!! congrats!!i play in greek superleague too with my fav team panathinaikos..any advice to get max of goals from striker because my arezo at 2 season have 50 goals combined..thanks!!

1 hour ago, fotakis276718 said:

Massive results!! congrats!!i play in greek superleague too with my fav team panathinaikos..any advice to get max of goals from striker because my arezo at 2 season have 50 goals combined..thanks!!

So there are multiple different things that come into it, probably more than this, but here are the main ones:

1. The striker: Arezo is very good, but also quite young at the start of the game, so he'll be inconsistent and not score as much for the first few seasons. As he gets older, he'll get better. I once had a striker only score 2 in the first season because he was intimidated by the league, after that he got 50 in a season. Some strikers start scoring quicker than others of course and it depends on other things including their development, but they will normally score better once they are 19 or 20 and then even better once they are mid 20s. So I expect your Arezo will get better.

2. The tactic: My tactic is tuned to get most of the chances to the striker. I won't repeat it all here, I discussed it the Building a Tactic for a Lone Striker thread last year (you'll have to read down through all my comments in there). It relies on wingers with good Crossing and a striker with high Aerial. But my approach is only one way, there are plenty of other ways that are also discussed in that thread. Other tactics get more goals in total than mine, but mine seems to get a higher percentage for the striker. You have to play around until you find something that works for you.

3. The team: Keep on levelling up the team! As I said above: "yes my tactic is perfect for getting the striker to score most of the goals and for getting a lot of assists, but with an average team the results aren't particularly great. But when you level up that team, big numbers are going to come regardless of the tactic (though it's still important in working out where the goals/assists go)."
    I've played a lot of careers, so I generally know which players are going to improve my team. For example I know Paredes will be better than most anyone at a club in Scotland or Greece, but I also know he won't be as good as Meier or Alamada, etc. Some of knowing which players is just experience from previous careers, some of it reading the signals the game gives you (like when a player stops developing), but I do have an unfair advantage because I'm developing a scouting app and I've seen the real PA for a lot of players. It won't be the same in this save, but you can't forget which players are going to be great. I guess the equivalent for people not developing a scouting app is to use the Wonderkid lists to see which players are likely to be great. Oh or use regens, which are harder to pick this year, but some are still possible (like Zlatan above). Or generally take a chance on youngsters from places like Spain, Italy, Brazil, etc. I buy a lot of players - some blossom, some don't work out. It's a bit cynical and unrealistic, but will get you the best results, so I generally use that approach when trying to score high.

There's probably other things I've missed, maybe others will chip in with ideas, but they are the main things I can think of at the moment.

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

So there are multiple different things that come into it, probably more than this, but here are the main ones:

1. The striker: Arezo is very good, but also quite young at the start of the game, so he'll be inconsistent and not score as much for the first few seasons. As he gets older, he'll get better. I once had a striker only score 2 in the first season because he was intimidated by the league, after that he got 50 in a season. Some strikers start scoring quicker than others of course and it depends on other things including their development, but they will normally score better once they are 19 or 20 and then even better once they are mid 20s. So I expect your Arezo will get better.

2. The tactic: My tactic is tuned to get most of the chances to the striker. I won't repeat it all here, I discussed it the Building a Tactic for a Lone Striker thread last year (you'll have to read down through all my comments in there). It relies on wingers with good Crossing and a striker with high Aerial. But my approach is only one way, there are plenty of other ways that are also discussed in that thread. Other tactics get more goals in total than mine, but mine seems to get a higher percentage for the striker. You have to play around until you find something that works for you.

3. The team: Keep on levelling up the team! As I said above: "yes my tactic is perfect for getting the striker to score most of the goals and for getting a lot of assists, but with an average team the results aren't particularly great. But when you level up that team, big numbers are going to come regardless of the tactic (though it's still important in working out where the goals/assists go)."
    I've played a lot of careers, so I generally know which players are going to improve my team. For example I know Paredes will be better than most anyone at a club in Scotland or Greece, but I also know he won't be as good as Meier or Alamada, etc. Some of knowing which players is just experience from previous careers, some of it reading the signals the game gives you (like when a player stops developing), but I do have an unfair advantage because I'm developing a scouting app and I've seen the real PA for a lot of players. It won't be the same in this save, but you can't forget which players are going to be great. I guess the equivalent for people not developing a scouting app is to use the Wonderkid lists to see which players are likely to be great. Oh or use regens, which are harder to pick this year, but some are still possible (like Zlatan above). Or generally take a chance on youngsters from places like Spain, Italy, Brazil, etc. I buy a lot of players - some blossom, some don't work out. It's a bit cynical and unrealistic, but will get you the best results, so I generally use that approach when trying to score high.

There's probably other things I've missed, maybe others will chip in with ideas, but they are the main things I can think of at the moment.

Thank you man!!i found your advices very helpful and I'm trying to do my best after these..thanks for spending your time to explain me your way to success..

And here some greek players who maybe help you for your career..

1. Bouzoukis (retrain him as left winger, and became a very helpful player)

2. Chatzigiovanis (after 2 years has 18 crossing and dribbling)

3. Nikolaou (very strong cb if you playing with cd and not bpd)

4. Christogeorgos (Gk, after 3 years his attributes is amazing for greek player)

5. Fotis Ioannidis (November database only,is my second favourite ST for fmm20 after Fabio Silva, is a true goal machine)

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

And one last question.. which leagues you have upload??

13 hours ago, fotakis276718 said:

Thank you man!!i found your advices very helpful and I'm trying to do my best after these..thanks for spending your time to explain me your way to success..

And here some greek players who maybe help you for your career..

1. Bouzoukis (retrain him as left winger, and became a very helpful player)

2. Chatzigiovanis (after 2 years has 18 crossing and dribbling)

3. Nikolaou (very strong cb if you playing with cd and not bpd)

4. Christogeorgos (Gk, after 3 years his attributes is amazing for greek player)

5. Fotis Ioannidis (November database only,is my second favourite ST for fmm20 after Fabio Silva, is a true goal machine)

Thanks mate, will take a look at those (except Fotis, because using March db). Although I need to stop buying players! 😄 I might end up waiting until my next Greek career (won't be long). 

8 hours ago, fotakis276718 said:

And one last question.. which leagues you have upload??

I just have Greece loaded. I always try to keep it small and only load other leagues if I know I need a particular player that only shows up with them loaded or if I know I'm going to switch leagues.

In the olden days I used to load as many as possible and the large database option (when that still existed) with the idea that having more players in the game would let me find better players. Then I realised it actually made it harder. Yes, there are more players, but the really good ones will be there anyway and a lot of the extra players aren't that good.

For eg: If I load Spain as a secondary league, I'll get a lot more Spanish players, and although some of them will be good, a lot will be lower ability players. If I don't load Spain, I might miss out on a few good players, but all the rubbish ones aren't there either. As a result, I know that any Spanish player I sign is probably pretty good. 

The good part about this strategy is it's easier to find good players (just sign young players from the top nations and they will be good). The bad part is that it means you stop buying local players as much. Buy a young Spanish player and they are likely in the 3.5 to 5 stars PA range (real value, not scout/staff report value). Buy a young Greek player (in my case because I'm playing in Greece) and they could be anywhere from 1 to 4 star. Makes it more of a risk, so for me anyway, it means I'm less likely to buy local players (though I try to keep at least a few in the team).

7 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Awesome season from Chuba mate, great work!

Thanks mate, yeah he was on fire this year. Was worried because he was unhappy, but it didn't have much impact. Well, he had a blip immediately after getting unhappy the first time before recovering performance wise. And his morale was lower all season and I had to keep praising him to keep it relatively high. But really he just pushed right through it...

Update - Season 3

Season 2 saw good numbers for the lads, but we were bundled out early in Europe again, making it harder to keep and attract the best players. We want to address that this season by going deep in the Champions League (while still getting good numbers for the lads obviously). Let's see how it went.

Transfers

I started the season thinking it would be another overhaul, but after a couple of early purchases, things dried up. We're at the point where we're not good enough to attract the best players, but our youngsters have reached the level where they are as good anyone who's willing to sign with us.

Spoiler

paok-season03-28.thumb.jpg.9c27535b79460fc4c3914af9b2267ef0.jpg

paok-season03-29.thumb.jpg.81acdfaca4d375a3e053a5c4900a98ce.jpg

The players who left were mostly fringe players, apart from Rrahmani (starting CD), whom I wanted to upgrade. His departure triggered some unhappiness in the team, but it didn't last long.

The main two coming in were central defenders Onguene and Benkovic, both of whom were around Rrahmani's level but who looked like they'd go a lot further. Onguene has been good, but Benkovic has frankly been disappointing. We'll see how they go next season. Apart from that all the new players were youngsters adding some depth in weaker positions.

Results

Once again, we were untroubled domestically...

Hang on... What's that? We were knocked out of the Greek Cup by Olympiakos at the Quarter Final stage? How is that even possible? Especially over two legs? Well our fact checker tells us it's true. Shameful...

Spoiler

paok-season03-11.thumb.jpg.4ebcafe23bd87f2939bf1d2c6a1e83e9.jpg

paok-season03-25.thumb.jpg.ee4c1d588bec7f2128514840bf4cfebf.jpg

Right let's forget that and move on to European glory! Should be a doddle. A 5-0 win over Schalke in the first knockout stage, no worries, we got this.

Spoiler

paok-season03-12.thumb.jpg.25f60d292ccb72afebcd4b644e1ed8db.jpg

Wait... A 4-1 loss to Man City in the first leg of the Quarter Final? That's not right! We had more shots than them, how could it end up a 4-1 loss? Okay, second leg and we go 3-0 up, putting us in front on away goals! Let's hang on for dear life! Damn, you can't hang on against City... We go behind... But BAM, late goal to take us to extra time! And phew, 2 late goals! We win the day 6-1 and 7-5 over the two legs... How's that for a comeback @smoggy90?

Spoiler

paok-season03-16.thumb.jpg.63242c2a9c84e2a97f809e93ec245824.jpg

paok-season03-17.thumb.jpg.98299e06093fe9e21feeb04ccf840a81.jpg

I need to go lie down for a while...

Right, I'm back and now we've conquered that hurdle, I'm sure that this is our year! A 4-3 win over two legs against Juve in the Semi Final was tough, but nothing's going to stop us now!

Spoiler

paok-season03-19.thumb.jpg.e7415cf4e82878bbd2664ddd2e759c7a.jpg

On to the Final against Liverpool in Munich. 49% vs 51% possession. 13 shots each. Who can guess the score?

Spoiler

paok-season03-23.thumb.jpg.c95ed7eefbcf767c2f0b6ea1e2954a95.jpg

Damn.... A 6-2 spanking from Liverpool. So close, but nowhere in sight...

Injuries and Availability

Injuries? Do we have injuries for you!

Spoiler

paok-season03-01.thumb.jpg.9834bdb98e486f6e0de7af5ab13a8027.jpg

paok-season03-03.thumb.jpg.e4cbe775296e102b7140c3548e0f61d8.jpg

paok-season03-05.thumb.jpg.10e7cd2c32eb437f3469a983ee38595d.jpg

paok-season03-07.thumb.jpg.a9897a9e7b87c6bb0ac4cae8dc981565.jpg

paok-season03-08.thumb.jpg.f724b4f0623576a4c338ea9b5cff6e9c.jpg

paok-season03-09.thumb.jpg.e09a4864867a87d864833bc7943e76c1.jpg

paok-season03-22.thumb.jpg.9290d705ae66a84f1513888acf420cb4.jpg

paok-season03-10.thumb.jpg.bcb667708a034cf3730c8f2410ea4dda.jpg

paok-season03-20.thumb.jpg.9f48cc8bf73c773c30f7170ea2a28d10.jpg

paok-season03-21.thumb.jpg.6de82dab286e6ac82234a978c6ad3dc7.jpg

• Chuba:

• A few days in July

• 2 weeks in August

• 1 week in December

• 10 days in May

• Villa:

• 10 days in September

• 3 weeks in November

• 10 days in January

They both had ghost injuries too, thank goodness they weren't real ones... Villa's injuries knocked him about, losing 2 points for both Crossing and Dribbling as well as 1 for Movement. Still, although there were a lot of injuries, they were all fairly short and didn't hold the lads back too much.

Keeping Our Stars

A couple of offers came in for both players, but I offered them new contracts and they were accepted.

There was a tense moment when there was a follow up bid for Chuba, the same circumstance that lead to him being unhappy almost all of last season, but he was fine when I rejected that. Happy times!

Development

No change from Chuba. Villa lost 2 steps due to injury and so far has only got one back. Interestingly that left him 1+ for Crossing, but -1 for Dribbling and he still has one update to come (but they come very slowly at his age).

paok-season03-30.thumb.jpg.b094fe3479a0e3d6b222015ededf8880.jpg

paok-season03-32.thumb.jpg.b5710761e750430016295d92cd036c08.jpg

Goals (Chuba)

Chuba did well considering all the disruptions due to injury, scoring 74 goals in 49 games:

paok-season03-31.thumb.jpg.628bbfefddcfdc231554f21e6fc90884.jpg

A drop in GPG ratio, but not unexpected given the stop start nature of his season.

Assists (Villa)

Villa did well too, providing 47 assists from 44 games:

paok-season03-33.thumb.jpg.6d9b3a954690f583dad0cdfcbb7dc407.jpg

His ratio was much higher at one point, but tailed off near the end of the season.

Progress

Season Goals (Chuba) Assists (Villa)
01 43 29
02 84 47
03 74 47
Total 201 (300 min) 123 (150 min)

Looking Forward

Only 2 seasons to go! If the lads can maintain these numbers then there will be no problems passing the minimums required for the leaderboard. And at this point, the team is pretty set and doesn't need too much tweaking, so it should just be more of the same (with a CL win thrown in as well hopefully!).

Edited by Scratch
20 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Damn. Chuba is really going places aren't he, so is Villa. Brilliant stuff mate.

Thanks mate. They're both doing great. Their attributes and results are both a bit under what I've had in other careers and they've both maxed out a little earlier, so I think they are both lower quality (than say Unuvar and Vignato), but they are plenty good enough to become legends in Greece!

5 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Brilliant season mate, and wow what a comeback! Best one I’ve seen this year. 

Thanks mate - the comeback was the best game I've had in a long game. The downs, then ups, then downs, then ups... just incredible...

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Going great mate

Thanks mate, a bit of a rough season with all the injuries, but still fantastic numbers. 🙂

Update - Season 4

Two seasons to go. The lads are doing well, but last season we fell just short in Europe. This season we want more of the same individually, but we want what CL trophy!

Transfers

Very quiet this time around. Our youngsters are maturing like fine wine and are all we really need.

Spoiler

paok-season04-27.thumb.jpg.da77c96f42ad996d50ac31908b2ab330.jpg

paok-season04-28.thumb.jpg.422643e3415338621b52d8bcbf4c183b.jpg

Only one of the outgoing players was a regular starter - Niangbo. He was very good (I think he is the Yaya Toure regen) and staff thought he could still develop a lot further. However, his goal to assist ratio was 2:1. Ideally I want it the other way around. I can handle 1:1 in the right player, but 2:1 is too much.

Results

We had no trouble in the league, but we needed to reclaim the Greek Cup after our quarter final elimination last season. I'd like to say it was easy - and it was, right up until the final. The final though...

We were playing Panionios, who should have presented no problem for us. Indeed, we were 3-0 up at half time and cruising. But our defence fell apart in the second half and they scored 3, equalising in the 90th minute. We only conceded 6 goals in 36 games in the league, but gave up 3 in a half! It ended up going to penalties and it switched back and forth a few times before we prevailed.

Spoiler

paok-season04-18.thumb.jpg.24816db7f1a3489380c4002fca36b5ab.jpg

paok-season04-19.thumb.jpg.a20f8714b63537e859b3b9af31d3dec1.jpg

paok-season04-23.thumb.jpg.e6ff86e73c0911255ad5fbe9b07f140d.jpg

On to the Champions League. We were spanked by Liverpool (6-2) in the final last season, so we approached it with fire in our belly this time around. We had no trouble making the final, where we faced Juve. It was a tight match, but eventually Chuba scored (in the 82nd minute), to give us our first Champions League win!

Spoiler

paok-season04-22.thumb.jpg.d3d7d6974e4905e195488068bce65672.jpg

I also need to highlight this game, a 6-0 victory over AEK Athens, with 5 goals from Chuba and 5 assists from Villa:

Spoiler

paok-season04-16.thumb.jpg.8c60d401ac971915fbb529c174886223.jpg

Not bad, lads, not bad...

After having a lot of injuries last season, we only had the one this season - Villa out for 3 weeks:

Spoiler

paok-season04-06.thumb.jpg.2b93d5893ef206f57e65a772f089f281.jpg

However, it's a recurring injury. I had the option to send him to physio, but that could have wiped out the rest of the season. I'd normally bite the bullet and send him, but given there's only one more season after this, I chose not to. I really wish the game had a 'Send to physio in the off-season' option, but it doesn't, so we're on notice that the problem might come back next season.

Development

No change from Chuba. Villa is the same as at the end of last season, but he had an 'injury recovery' update during the season and his Movement increased to 20. Unfortunately, this was lost when he was injured again! He has one more 'injury recovery' update to come, but it'll take a while to come at this age.

paok-season04-29.thumb.jpg.314214447a3f08d19d4dbfd06a60a7f9.jpg

paok-season04-31.thumb.jpg.027033ff0409f6b6fb5fb6a493fe92d5.jpg

Goals (Chuba)

Chuba had a good season, scoring 78 goals in 50 games:

paok-season04-30.thumb.jpg.b8f0ab2e154eceeadabf72fe67a72936.jpg

Still short of what I've gotten with other strikers, but good enough.

Assists (Villa)

Villa had another great season, providing 50 assists from 46 games:

paok-season04-32.thumb.jpg.be46034424404af24235d6994afd9c11.jpg

A long way short of my best (99 assists with Vignato), but once again, good enough.

Progress

01 43 29
02 84 47
03 74 47
04 78 50
Total 279 (300 min) 173 (150 min)

Looking Forward

One season to go! Chuba only needs 21 goals to qualify for the Goals section of the 5 Season Heroes leaderboard and Villa has already qualified for the Assists section.

The last season will be all about maximising those scores, before I pack my bags and move on from Greece.

Edited by Scratch

Great season Scratch! Chuba is going to set a very good total as well as Villa for the assists.

I like that Chuba has some international recognition too.

On 07/07/2020 at 19:59, smoggy90 said:

Great season Scratch! Chuba is going to set a very good total as well as Villa for the assists.

I like that Chuba has some international recognition too.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'll be happy with their totals. Not sure what's up with Chuba and England though. He got his first cap in season 1 and scored 4 goals in his second game, 2 games / 4 goals in the first season screenshot. So in the last 3 seasons he's only played 5 games and only scored 1 goal. From memory that happened with Armstrong in my first 1KC - made the England team but couldn't cement the place...

EDIT: Forgot to mention but in the 2022 World Cup, England finished bottom of the group with 0 points... Something really wrong with England in this save and they couldn't have been worse off if they'd played Chuba.

Edited by Scratch
5 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Great job Scratch. Both of them have been outstanding. Looking forward to your last season flourish.

Thanks mate. Last season off to a decent start, but a bit worried about Villa's recurring injury - it came back over the offseason and again I didn't send him to rehabilitation as it would have cost the start of the season...

Update - Season 5 (Final)

This is it. The last season. Things have been going well, we just need a big one to finish it off!

Transfers

Three departures, two graduates and four loans. It all fits on 1 page!

Spoiler

paok-season05-24.thumb.jpg.3da8deb33f8b7db2afbcc02c7dbfbee2.jpg

The only transfer of note was the departure of the Brazilian youngster with a long name. He was quite likely our best central defender, but he hated Stark after a mentoring incident and one of them had to go, and I chose to keep Stark who was our defensive leader.

Results

So did we finish with a bang? Well, we dominated the league, came out on top in the climax in the Greek Cup, but were denied CL satisfaction by Real Madrid (only the semi). Oh, I almost forgot a tight one in the Euro Super Cup (it was just a one night thing way back in the summer so hard to remember).

Spoiler

paok-season05-23.thumb.jpg.45aa8da659136fff5f0d9b1a1c438300.jpg

paok-season05-20.thumb.jpg.a5c622917c5f552108658b08ed466e7f.jpg

paok-season05-18.thumb.jpg.e8b47a50467bcf81db0156aaca03d760.jpg

paok-season05-06.thumb.jpg.57494576973a3a9621a4a0efbb80f55c.jpg

paok-season05-07.thumb.jpg.6563f82df12a869e4df0341f1eb2386b.jpg

Decent, but without the happy ending we really wanted.

Villa had his recurring injury pop up in the off season, but I chose not to send him to the physio. It proved the right decision, as he made it through the season proper unscathed. Chuba had a couple of injuries, including an annoying one right near the end of the season which stopped him reaching a milestone.

Spoiler

paok-season05-02.thumb.jpg.c7f0d5f168fbc023f76264b11e6e3c75.jpg

paok-season05-12.thumb.jpg.9b2a651432cd4a4bfb4650e8ce28a7d3.jpg

paok-season05-15.thumb.jpg.b468a817685bbe9fb7504d980583c299.jpg

Development

Only minor changes due to injuries and eventual bounce backs.

paok-season05-27.thumb.jpg.b849404e7c4a09e353698a180e3e520d.jpg

paok-season05-29.thumb.jpg.6bfd363354c140c429ad345a903f0d7f.jpg

Goals (Chuba)

It all clicked this season for Chuba, who had a fantastic season, scoring 94 goals in 46 games:

paok-season05-28.thumb.jpg.bd9964d6e26f6719785174693c57572b.jpg

Yes, more than 2 goals per game, a massive step up from previous seasons. Not sure why, apart from him being at his peak and the team stepping up with more goals in general. The injury at the end of the year cost him 5 games, which surely would have seen him crossing the 100 goal mark. But it was not to be...

Assists (Villa)

Villa also had a great season, providing 60 assists from 51 games:

paok-season05-30.thumb.jpg.61bc4187fec5b7a0babd14876b9e551a.jpg

His best return and a great way to end the challenge.

Final Result

01 43 29
02 84 47
03 74 47
04 78 50
05 94 60
Total 373 (300 min) 233 (150 min)

Final Thoughts

The lads smashed this season and finished the challenge in style. Great players both of them. They're sure to top their respective leaderboards (there's no-one on them yet!), but I'll be back to challenge them with some other players soon.

That said, when I compare the numbers to the end of season 5 in my Crazy career: a) Unuvar had less goals (342) but started as a 15 year old so that's to be expected; while b) Vignato had way more assists than Villa (336 vs 233). And although both Chuba and Villa looked good attribute wise, they weren't as good as the Crazy lads. So while I'm very happy with how this has gone, I think there are bigger numbers to be had.

As for Greece, I really enjoyed playing here and will be genuinely sad to leave it behind. I'm sure I'll be back.

What's next? Well, I'm not 100% sure I'll proceed, but I just started a save in the US (never played there before). It might turn into a 5 Season Hero challenge, but it might not - it has another primary aim and the striker is unlikely to score enough to meet the minimum for the 5SH leaderboard. But we'll see...

Edited by Scratch
55 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Massive, just killed it mate. 

Thanks mate! It was a season that was almost too good to be true and I even started believing in the 100 goal mark until that late injury. 

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Brilliant final season and score for the challenge. Well done.

I hate it when mentoring goes wrong the two fall out, highly annoying. 

Thanks mate! Yeah, mentoring is a double edged sword. You really have to watch that screen every few weeks for any sign that progress is slowing down. Catch it in time, no harm done, be even a little bit slow in picking it up and bam, relationship over...

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Great return Scratch. Well done.

Thanks mate. Deep in the preseason for the next one now... Love that it was 5 seasons and then stop. I guess I'm burnt out on 1KCs... 😄

Brilliant scratch, what a final season! You have done an amazing job here and great to see Chuba banging in the goals still. 
I think I mentioned before I have a test save with a 25 year old striker which is in the second season so I’m going to enter this in this challenge where I get round to it. Got to finish my peak years career first and then I’ll get onto it.