Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Late Bloomer Challenge

The Late Bloomer Challenge
image.thumb.jpeg.89b0546c79d900b8bccab79994607dfe.jpeg

With the advances in Sports Science there is a growing trend for strikers to continue in there peak years even once they are into there 30s. We have seen Lewendowski continue to score at an alarming rate for Bayern this season, Jamie Vardy has scored nearly 100 Premier League goals despite not playing in the top flight till his late 20s and Zlatan scored more goals in his 30s than he did in his 20s.

The Challenge

image.thumb.jpeg.cf7d71983ac165b0de0357bfcc8a65c6.jpeg

This is a simple concept as all you need to do is pick a player who is 30 or older at the start of the game and get him to score more goals under your management before he retires than he managed in the previous years of his career.

The target number of goals depends on how many he has previously scored in his career so if he has scored over 100 goals or more then you must beat that total.

So take Robert Lewendowski as an example. 

He is 31 at the start of a save in FMM20 and has scored 270 goals in club football so your goal is to get him to score 271 more goals before he retires.

DCC5F004-405E-43CF-98F8-6648B497BD7B.thumb.png.6d00a78a1b0d5babb9df196900c6429a.png

If he has scored any total less than 100 goals in his career then you must get him to score 101 goals under your management. (Credit to @Scratch for this part of the challenge)

Take Jamie Mackie as an example.

He has scored 75 career goals at the start of the save so you would need to get him to score 101 goals before he retires.

218DA345-EA40-4147-A895-EC7DA96D73B5.thumb.png.01449edf9c868d180f6cecfcf8ded3e3.png

The Rules
image.thumb.jpeg.110b9989eb9feb29d18d3942b1ad2139.jpeg

Obviously there are a few rules to keep things fair for everyone.

• Player Choice: You can use any player you wish so long as he is 30 or older at the start of a new save and he can play in any position that you want.
  • Goals Target: If a player has scored over 100 club career goals then his career goal total at the start of the save is the target you must beat. If he has scored less than 100 club career goals then you need to get him to score 101 goals under your management.
  • Club Choice: You can manage any club in the standard DB of the game but you and the player must stay at the club for the duration of the attempt so you can’t start at a big club with a player and then move to weaker leagues to finish the attempt as he gets older. If you are sacked then it’s game over.
  • Other Rules: Standard Vibe rules apply so no unlockables (except coaching badge and reputation), no edited DB’s, no IGE or PGE, no reloading or cheating of any kind.
  • Proof: You will need to provide proof to be eligible for the leaderboard and this includes a screenshot of the players history at the start of the save to show your target. The best thing to do it start a career thread for us all to follow.
Leaderboard

image.thumb.jpeg.c52ed3917b3c7a532a424c2488329b33.jpeg

I could have come up with a points scoring system for this challenge but actually I don’t think it needs one. We have a lack of challenges that are simple pass or fail so that is what I have decided this one will be.

If you get your chosen player to score more goals under your management than he previously managed in his career then you have passed the challenge and your name, chosen club, player and the goal target you hit will go onto the board in the order it was completed. You can also go on the board as many times as you wish if you want to do this challenge with a few different players.

Passed the Challenge

• @FMFanatic20 - Aubameyang - Liverpool - Target: 180gls
  • @Scratch - Andy Carroll - LA Galaxy - Target 101gls
  • @Cockers2505 - Shane Long - PSG - Target 101gls
  • @Foxy - Roy Krishna - Bayern - Target 108gls
  • @Ian - Milan Baros - Galatasaray - Target 141
  • @smoggy90 - Anthony Le Tallac - Rangers - Target 101
  • @smoggy90 - Shinji Kagawa - Rangers - Target 113
  • @Kanegan - Christian Stuani - 152
  • @Lagom - Seb Giovinco - Celtic - Target 113  
  • @Aaron Thornton - Marouane Fellaini - Shandong Luneng - Target 101

Good luck and have fun.

Can you sign a player at the beginning of the save for this or do you have to play at the club the player is currently at? 

Edited by lcutini32
7 hours ago, lcutini32 said:

Can you sign a player at the beginning of the save for this or do you have to play at the club the player is currently at? 

You can sign your chosen player for a club.

Are strikers with less than 100 goals out of the question? Or can you still use them as long as you get to 101 goals with them (under your management). For example, Andy Carroll only has 71 goals to his name, but if I get him to 101 under my management, could he still qualify? You could argue that would be an even greater achievement! 😄 But no worries if not allowed.

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Are strikers with less than 100 goals out of the question? Or can you still use them as long as you get to 101 goals with them (under your management). For example, Andy Carroll only has 71 goals to his name, but if I get him to 101 under my management, could he still qualify? You could argue that would be an even greater achievement! 😄 But no worries if not allowed.

My initial thought was that it had to be a player who had scored 100 or more career goals simply because it would take the piss a bit if someone chose a player who had 50 to his name and smashed them out in a season.

I like your idea though as it really opens it out to a lot more players so if you take a look at the OP you will find I have amended it.

18 minutes ago, Foxy said:

My initial thought was that it had to be a player who had scored 100 or more career goals simply because it would take the piss a bit if someone chose a player who had 50 to his name and smashed them out in a season.

I like your idea though as it really opens it out to a lot more players so if you take a look at the OP you will find I have amended it.

Cool, thanks! Been thinking about a Carroll save at some point, although not 100% sure I want to manage him (too frustrating!). But this would be a good one if I do.

Hey im just wondering if I was in the Vanarama South or North. And I signed a Old player from free agents would he still be eligible? If so im gunna use this guy 

Screenshot_20200722-174525_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20200722-174533_FM20 Mobile.jpg

10 minutes ago, Charlielfc24 said:

Hey im just wondering if I was in the Vanarama South or North. And I signed a Old player from free agents would he still be eligible? If so im gunna use this guy 

Screenshot_20200722-174525_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20200722-174533_FM20 Mobile.jpg

That’s fine.

You can use any player over 30 at any club but remember you must stay at the same club for the whole time.

34 minutes ago, Foxy said:

That’s fine.

You can use any player over 30 at any club but remember you must stay at the same club for the whole time.

So just so I know Miller has scored 157 career goals. So I need him to score 158 goals for me?

Hey Mr @Foxy Can you please add Mr Carroll to the leaderboard with 181 goals (wow only just realised that puts him top by 1 point!). Career here: 

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Hey Mr @Foxy Can you please add Mr Carroll to the leaderboard with 181 goals (wow only just realised that puts him top by 1 point!). Career here: 

Thanks!

This is just a pass or fail challenge so your target was 101 gls with Carroll to complete it.

Great final total with him though.

51 minutes ago, Foxy said:

This is just a pass or fail challenge so your target was 101 gls with Carroll to complete it.

Great final total with him though.

Ah right. Yeah was pretty happy with him scoring that much. But made much easier by taking him to the US.

I’ve not really kept any progress pictures, so not really worth creating my own thread, but below is my addition to the challenge.

Sebastian Giovinco at Celtic.

im not really sure if it’s allowed, but I’m going to carry on the save, I have Balotelli coming in as a 31 year old Bosman transfer with 142 goals to his name to date

0D60D6C4-C454-479C-B4DF-62B6E03C84EA.png

6E7F6DAC-30BA-4B86-BAD8-EBEF8E09B318.png

Edited by Lagom